These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12
 

Tier three destroyers please?

Author
Verity Sovereign
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#21 - 2013-01-07 07:32:02 UTC
No, just no.

larger weapons = more DPS and range,

Right now, the hulls have a range bonus that means they get medium weapon range with small weapons
The hulls have 7-8 highs mounted with the primary weapon type, this contrasts to most cruisers that only have 4-5.

They get cruiser level DPS, and cruiser level range already, just as tier 3s got BS level range and DPS.
And, they have excellent tracking.
A medium weapon equpped dessy would just be redundant, or if given the same number of highs, would dramatically out DPS cruisers, and the OPS probably just wants cheaper gank ships.
Bugsy VanHalen
Society of lost Souls
#22 - 2013-01-07 15:05:10 UTC
You do know the whole point of tiericide is to eliminate tiers, right?

There are no longer tier 1 tier two or tier three frigates or cruisers. There are now just different roles. The way they were balanced all ships are effectively tier 3 now.

A new destroyer that could equip medium guns could be fun, but we already have two ship sizes for those guns. Cruisers and battlecruisers. Maybe once battlecruisers and battleships get there teiricide pass they can see if there is a role missing that a new ship can fill.
Derath Ellecon
Lotek Academy
#23 - 2013-01-07 15:10:50 UTC
Bugsy VanHalen wrote:
You do know the whole point of tiericide is to eliminate tiers, right?

There are no longer tier 1 tier two or tier three frigates or cruisers. There are now just different roles. The way they were balanced all ships are effectively tier 3 now.

A new destroyer that could equip medium guns could be fun, but we already have two ship sizes for those guns. Cruisers and battlecruisers. Maybe once battlecruisers and battleships get there teiricide pass they can see if there is a role missing that a new ship can fill.


Semantics. There are still BC tiers. And everyone understands Tier 3 to mean ships with oversized guns.

Maybe we should all start changing our posts to say "Battlecruisers with oversized guns" in anticipation of tiercide. But that's a lot to type.

Maybe we can just start calling them BCWOGS

As to the OP, I don't like the idea. Just like we only have strategic cruisers in the cruiser class, and only BCWOGS in the BC class. We don't need that in ever area. Should we have Battleships that can field capital sized guns?

Also as Bugsy pointed out, the medium sized weapons already have a ton of ships that utilize them.
bubble trout
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#24 - 2013-01-07 15:17:33 UTC
Derath Ellecon wrote:
Should we have Battleships that can field capital sized guns?


Yes. Imagine a mega with XL turrets.
Camper101
Mind Games.
Suddenly Spaceships.
#25 - 2013-01-07 16:39:08 UTC
Bienator II wrote:
stabbers are as fast as AFs. Just use them.



If your Stabber is just as fast as AFs, you are doing it wrong ;)

2013.03.01 13:30:58 notify For participating in the General Discussion Forum Section your trustworthiness has been adjusted by -2.5000.

My name is Hans. The "L" stands for danger.

Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#26 - 2013-01-07 17:19:59 UTC
Camper101 wrote:
Bienator II wrote:
stabbers are as fast as AFs. Just use them.



If your Stabber is just as fast as AFs, you are doing it wrong ;)

i saw SFIs which where faster as my slicer with overheated MWD, but i don't count them since OGB is a broken mechanic anaway.

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Camper101
Mind Games.
Suddenly Spaceships.
#27 - 2013-01-07 17:35:00 UTC
Bienator II wrote:
Camper101 wrote:
Bienator II wrote:
stabbers are as fast as AFs. Just use them.



If your Stabber is just as fast as AFs, you are doing it wrong ;)

i saw SFIs which where faster as my slicer with overheated MWD, but i don't count them since OGB is a broken mechanic anaway.


SFI and Stabber can both achieve speeds just under 4km/s without links overheated, a Stabber (T1) on nanos, heat and links is just ridiculous :D

2013.03.01 13:30:58 notify For participating in the General Discussion Forum Section your trustworthiness has been adjusted by -2.5000.

My name is Hans. The "L" stands for danger.

Jerick Ludhowe
Internet Tuff Guys
#28 - 2013-01-07 19:43:37 UTC
Derath Ellecon wrote:


And everyone understands Tier 3 to mean ships with oversized guns.



No they don't and your argument is bad.


Previous page12