These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

lvl2 the blokade question

Author
Trenktas Karlas
Perkone
Caldari State
#1 - 2013-01-07 08:18:12 UTC
so i'm stuck on lvl2 security mission the blocade
i wanted to ask, do u need a bigger ship for lvl2 missions, because it would be nonsense. with cruiser it looks very hard too. up to this mission i was able to get with destroyer, but now with 2 agents i have the same mission, and cannot finish it. there are to many ships, i fight off first wave, but on second there are 4 or 5 target disrupting ships, that almost 100% disrupting my target so cant kill any ships. tried 2 tipes of eccm, but its not helping. and i think it should be 5 waves. and its cruiser tipe ships aswell. so, any advice?
Randolph Rothstein
whatever corp.
#2 - 2013-01-07 08:45:58 UTC
cruiser should be able to handle it,i have done it in caracal

you have to shoot the jammers between jams and take them out one by one - if your shield struggles flight out and back in,it takes a lot of time but it can be done - first time it took me like an hour to finish this mission

you can also blitz the mission if you have shield good enough,just shoot the the big red crosses - the waves are usually 70+ km apart so if you are fast enough you can kill the trigger ships before they all jump at you

personaly i find this mission too hard for lvl 2,i wouldnt mind couple of jammers but 4 at once is just too much for new player,its unnecesarrily too hard and will frustrate you
Trenktas Karlas
Perkone
Caldari State
#3 - 2013-01-07 08:52:48 UTC
thats the problem - jammers. and all of ships coming at the same time, between jams i cant do even 1/3 damage to the ship. killing all others it takes time, but it's not that difficult, even interesting. but thos damn jammers are ruining everything
Xercodo
Cruor Angelicus
#4 - 2013-01-07 09:25:41 UTC
Make sure to fit ECCM that matches your ship's.

As I recall Caldari's type is gravimetric

And yes, confirming that while L2s are certainly doable in a frig or a dessy they are intended to be ran by a cruiser.

The Drake is a Lie

Aptenodytes
Reckless Abandon
#5 - 2013-01-07 09:31:37 UTC
The blockade is very hard if you let all the ships spawn. If you check the mission reports http://eve-survival.org/wikka.php?wakka=Blockade2gu and kill the triggers last, then it's definitely do-able in a dessie.

Jamming is really annoying - you can train the sensor strength skills and fit ECCM but still get jammed. I found since moving to Minmatar space I don't get half as frustrated.
J'Poll
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#6 - 2013-01-07 11:45:25 UTC
If you are using missiles: FoF missiles (Believe they are now called auto-targeting ot something).

These things dont need locked targets.

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

Doddy
Excidium.
#7 - 2013-01-07 11:49:08 UTC
It is tough because of the ecm, but it is probably best you learn how to deal with it early if you are going to fight guristas. If you are fitting eccm make sure its the right one for your ships races, otherwis eits useless. If you are using a drones make sure they are set agressive. If you use missiles bring auto-targetting missiles. A gun destroyer is in a bit of trouble though as it has poor sensor strength to start wth, little room for eccm and can't use auto-targetting missiles or agressive drones.
Schmata Bastanold
In Boobiez We Trust
#8 - 2013-01-07 11:49:46 UTC
You can always just abort mission and try next one. Of course there is that annoying 4hrs timer until you will be able abort another mission without standings hit but even with taking that penalty you will get better in the long run than just wasting time and trying to finish that one.

Invalid signature format

Trenktas Karlas
Perkone
Caldari State
#9 - 2013-01-07 11:53:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Trenktas Karlas
Schmata Bastanold wrote:
You can always just abort mission and try next one. Of course there is that annoying 4hrs timer until you will be able abort another mission without standings hit but even with taking that penalty you will get better in the long run than just wasting time and trying to finish that one.

there is a problem in that. i did abort ones, but after few missions it came out again. left it, went to other agent, first mission was the same. so now got two same lovely missions:)
but it did teach me couple things, so cant actualy complain, and already now how to do it, now just need time and wish to finish it:) almost did it before restart, 30% of last ship left, after restart, all from the beginning:D
Sin Pew
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#10 - 2013-01-07 12:01:09 UTC
Trenktas Karlas wrote:
Schmata Bastanold wrote:

there is a problem in that. i did abort ones, but after few missions it came out again. left it, went to other agent, first mission was the same. so now got two same lovely missions:)
but it did teach me couple things, so cant actualy complain, and already now how to do it, now just need time and wish to finish it:) almost did it before restart, 30% of last ship left, after restart, all from the beginning:D
Wait until you get L4 missions, they're... "interesting" in my HAM drake... Blink

[i]"haiku are easy, But sometimes they don't make sense, Refrigerator."[/i]

Andres Talas
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#11 - 2013-01-08 08:04:36 UTC
Trenktas Karlas wrote:
Schmata Bastanold wrote:

Your other solution is what I call 'the CFC solution' - zerg the [expletive deleteds].

Bring more people.

Yes, you'll need to trust those people, but my solution to that is to find completely clueless newbies, help them fit their ships better and then get them to help.

It works for me, it works in Null and it will work for you.
Lost Greybeard
Drunken Yordles
#12 - 2013-01-08 11:14:40 UTC
Yeah, this is sort of a new issue.

Old solution: Drones. Doesn't work anymore, drones have been rendered more or less useless in missions for a single player without an absolutely absurd degree of micromanagement that you can't really do while jammed.

If there are auto-targeting missiles for your size category, do that. If there aren't... the answer is "yes", you're likely not going to be able to do big ECM missions without a bigger ship. Maybe swap to a corporation that typically fights serpentis or blood raiders instead. Gallente military factions usually see Sepentis/Angels, for instance, so you'll mostly see range reducers (much easier to deal with).
Maire Gheren
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#13 - 2013-01-08 12:45:40 UTC
And I just have to say my usual here...
If you like doing missions do them.. if you don't then don't.. missions aren't what the game is about, but you can make good isk doing them if you enjoy it.
Vilnius Zar
SDC Multi Ten
#14 - 2013-01-08 12:57:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Vilnius Zar
It starts with having the right ship (a combat oriented cruiser) and having the right fit for the job, as such it would help if you'd state the ship type you're using and your current fit. Then you need to understand what to shoot and, more importantly, what not to shoot. This info can be gotten from the EVE-survival website linked earlier. Lastly, you need to use the right strategy for the scenario which depends on the ship and its fitting.

So, if you state the ship you're using and its fitting we can help you optimise it and give you advice on how to use it. Blockade certainly isn't easy if you just "blunder into it" but it can be a whole lot more efficient if you do it "right".

Here's an example for a decent fit, replace the t1 with named or T2 where you can.

[Caracal, LVL 2 Guristas - Template]
Ballistic Control System I
Damage Control I

10MN Afterburner I
Large Shield Extender I
Large Shield Extender I
Thermic Dissipation Field I
Kinetic Deflection Field I

Rapid Light Missile Launcher I, Scourge Light Missile

Hobgoblin I x2

As you enter the mission kill the webbing tower and start shooting the npc, shoot the trigger one (per eve-survival) LAST and keep your drones in check so they don't attack it by accident. If you do it like that "kill all npc but don't tough trigger till there's nothing left" then you should be fine.
Keno Skir
#15 - 2013-01-10 09:06:18 UTC
Its very rarely the ship and almost always the skills, pilot or fit.

Team up with even 1 friend and run it in no time. Then go run more missions with said friend and see what you can accomplish together.
Jegon Savagen
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#16 - 2013-01-10 09:15:49 UTC
Keno Skir wrote:
Its very rarely the ship and almost always the skills, pilot or fit.

Team up with even 1 friend and run it in no time. Then go run more missions with said friend and see what you can accomplish together.

That mission really is not all too hard if you got your ship fitted correctly. I did it a few days ago.

My Ship is a Vexor, I have Drones trained up to IV and they did most of the work in that mission. I stayed at range (approximately 15km) and supported the Drones. I do remember tho that it took me very long to do either Part 4 or 5 alone... but on the other side. loads of loot.

Inxentas Ultramar
Ultramar Independent Contracting
#17 - 2013-01-10 23:20:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Inxentas Ultramar
I too remember this mission as that mission. I can feel your pain! I second the vote to zerg it, then start zerging higher level missions as your fleet grows from corpmates logging in. It's not as pro but its fun.
Piugattuk
Litla Sundlaugin
#18 - 2013-01-10 23:30:49 UTC
Easy as pie, get a corax, fit rocket fuel rigs, fit for light missile launchers, fit FoF light missiles, warp to within 100 km and the rats will start approaching at 45 to 55 km open fire, usually kills frigs on first shot, for more range fit a sensor booster with script and increase your firing range but to be honest 50+ km will wipe out almost anything that will be bugging you before they get in range, for jamming frigs move towards them once you kill most rats with FoF's.

And don't forget to kite them as they get into range.Big smile