These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

New Tier 3 gallente BC

First post
Author
Oberine Noriepa
#61 - 2011-10-23 23:33:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Oberine Noriepa
I Love Boobies wrote:
I agree with you. We need more boobies. Big smile

This ship definitely has boobies! http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=starship%20contest&order=9&offset=24#/d35e2bg

Keno Skir
#62 - 2011-10-23 23:35:28 UTC
Paragon Renegade wrote:
Jerick Ludhowe wrote:
[quote=Razin][quote=Alara IonStorm]
This game already has enough space cocks... Lets get something that looks like a pair of boobies instead please...

Good sir, the equivalent "Parts" of a woman would be more accurately called............ Yeah........ you know.

Imagine the sight of those in the game; many lols would be had

I'v scanned down loads of unstable wormholes, they look pretty but can suck in ur wallet and keys if you're not careful :P
Unezka Turigahl
Det Som Engang Var
#63 - 2011-10-24 00:27:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Unezka Turigahl
The Naru-Kami is a terrible design. From the front it looks like a futuristic sports-dome. From the rear it looks like a ship hiding under a giant skirt. From the top it looks like a fish. The panel-lines seem arbitrarily placed. As do the black markings. The bridge resembles a current-day battleship's tower, which is rather cliche and overdone. Its way too angular to be Gallente. Its basically a poorly designed and un-Gallente version of the Megathron. This looks like something from an Anime or a comic book that features spaceships, but isn't really about the ships themselves so the artist hastily cobbled something together.

I'm glad that CCP didn't choose this design, and I'm still perplexed that it continues to be such a fan-favorite. CCP would have received much higher quality design work if they did the contest through another site IMHO. A site like Conceptart.org, CGHub, or one of the 3D communities like Polycount. Or hell, all of these guys. A big multi-site extravaganza like Dominance War.
Sir Substance
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#64 - 2011-10-24 01:36:42 UTC
mkint wrote:
Bane Loppknow wrote:
As cool as the Naru Kami is, I just don't think it fits very well in EVE. If they were to add it, it would be as an independently designed ship, instead of tied to one race. Possibly as an ORE vessel, or maybe some new faction. It just doesn't fit closely enough to the styles already established.

Doesn't fit with ORE's design either. Maybe Deep Space Mining... but ultimately, I have the feeling that's one of those ship designs voted up by people who don't play EVE. It doesn't fit with the EVE aesthetic.

I agree. If anything it looks like an amarr ship rearended a caldari ship. It certainly doesn't look gallente.

The beatings will continue until posting improves. -Magnus Cortex

Official Eve Online changelist: Togglable PvP. - Jordanna Bauer

Renan Ruivo
Forcas armadas
Brave Collective
#65 - 2011-10-24 02:53:52 UTC
Isn't the japanese thunder god called Raiden?

pretty sure i read it somewhere..

The world is a community of idiots doing a series of things until it explodes and we all die.

SFM Hobb3s
Perkone
Caldari State
#66 - 2011-10-24 03:12:21 UTC
CCP Navigator wrote:
Raid'En wrote:
CCP Navigator wrote:
It does look amazing but it is not the Naru. Sorry.

btw you still have said nothing if the others 3 ships were original design from ccp, or use player made design... no word about this ?

They are all player designs and are hidden gems in the Deviant Art collection. We will be showcasing one a week so expect a blog from CCP Guard this coming week for ship number two!

Ah, very exciting that you're using more deviantart contestants. Fingers crossed, although I'm guessing the other authors of the fan designs were already notified...
Mekhana
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#67 - 2011-10-24 03:35:02 UTC
Almost dropped dead thinking it was an official announcement.

Vide longe er eros di Luminaire VII, uni canse pra krage e determiniex! Sange por Sange! Descanse bravex eros, mie freires. Mortir por vostre Liberete, farmilie, ide e amis. lons Proviste sen mort! Luminaire liber mas! 

Jooce McNasty
Islefive Consulting
#68 - 2011-10-24 03:50:55 UTC
I'm quite happy that CCP is deciding to go with player designed ships for the next round of BC's.

I think they should keep this up for the rest of EVE considering we generate the story content we should also be part of the development of the future ships of EVE. It makes the game feel more like its our game, where we steer the course of the universe we live in.

In short

CCP keep using player submitted ships it makes it our universe more and more.
Tear Miner
Doomheim
#69 - 2011-10-24 03:57:12 UTC
Amro One wrote:
http://gandhiappliances.com/images/HC-411.jpg

I think every one wants to fly one of those in space.

I love the Proteus!
Dalloway Jones
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#70 - 2011-10-24 05:01:11 UTC
It had better be the Mentor for Amarr. That is by far the coolest and it won the contest for pete's sake.

I like a few of the Gallente ships that were posted. One or two of the Caldari ships are OK but I am not loving any of them. Please not the Peregrine. It looks just like the Caldari fighter/bomber.
Ender Flagrante
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#71 - 2011-10-24 08:08:23 UTC
CCP Navigator wrote:
Raid'En wrote:
CCP Navigator wrote:

btw you still have said nothing if the others 3 ships were original design from ccp, or use player made design... no word about this ?

They are all player designs and are hidden gems in the Deviant Art collection. We will be showcasing one a week so expect a blog from CCP Guard this coming week for ship number two!

When are you going to release preliminary information on ship stats? I'm excited to see the new designs, but I'm sure I speak for a lot of people when I say that I am more interested in how you are going to implement the "Battlecruiser with Battleship guns" concept.
Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#72 - 2011-10-24 08:13:42 UTC
I'd bet ISK that this one is the gallente tier 3 battlecruiser.
Sam Bowein
Sense Amid Madness
#73 - 2011-10-24 08:15:15 UTC
Akirei Scytale wrote:

looks like a hybrid between the hype and a smiling whale
Ciar Meara
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#74 - 2011-10-24 09:03:32 UTC
Oberine Noriepa wrote:
I Love Boobies wrote:
I agree with you. We need more boobies. Big smile

This ship definitely has boobies! http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=starship%20contest&order=9&offset=24#/d35e2bg

I vote for this one.

- [img]http://go-dl1.eve-files.com/media/corp/janus/ceosig.jpg[/img] [yellow]English only please. Zymurgist[/yellow]

Mallikanth
Wasters
#75 - 2011-10-24 09:14:27 UTC
Large Collidable Object wrote:
CCP Navigator wrote:
.. hidden gems in the Deviant Art collection...

Found the Gallente one: http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=starship%20contest&order=9&offset=24#/d2ylzty

Dammit.
Caught me on that one. *Shakes fist*
Lol

Believe in what they do, not what they say.

Grimpak
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#76 - 2011-10-24 09:21:13 UTC
Dbars Grinding wrote:
CCP Navigator wrote:

WOW fail. Come up with a better design i dare you Cool

as many others said, it does look amazing, but it's not gallente at all.

it looks at most caldari, and even then it's a strech because it's not asymmetrical.
also, that "armour skirt" somehow ruins it in my opinion.

Phalanx for example is much more "gallente" than the naru

[img]http://eve-files.com/sig/grimpak[/img]

[quote]The more I know about humans, the more I love animals.[/quote] ain't that right

Xavier Quo
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#77 - 2011-10-24 09:32:23 UTC
+1 for mentor

Despite the long turnaround, this seems to have been a complete success, could we possibly be in for more design competitions to speed up content & reskinning etc? Hope so.

Lord Okinaba
Aliastra
#78 - 2011-10-24 10:34:59 UTC
Alysane wrote:
http://browse.deviantart.com/contests/2010/eveonline/?order=24&offset=24#/d30pb24

Better Gallente

Please, God. Let it be this one.

All the other Gallente designs I've seen so far look like tripe.
destiny2
Decaying Rocky Odious Non Evil Stupid Inane Nobody
Rogue Drone Recovery Syndicate
#79 - 2011-10-24 11:15:47 UTC
i look at dev blog everyday still see two new minnie designs and a gallante design but no caldari and amarr. Shocked
destiny2
Decaying Rocky Odious Non Evil Stupid Inane Nobody
Rogue Drone Recovery Syndicate
#80 - 2011-10-24 11:17:28 UTC
Akirei Scytale wrote:

that one kinda looks like a Hyperion that just came out of someones behind after eating a bunch of ginger beef.