These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

You do the mission, I pay the ISK.

Author
Wescro
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1 - 2013-01-03 06:44:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Wescro
That's it. I'm not doing another mission as long as I live. I'd rather afk mine veldspar in an Ibis than slowboat at 70 m/s for hours to another activation gate 50km away in my ridiculously OP faction fit Raven.

So here's the idea. I have ISK. In fact, I have more ISK than I care for but what I do not have is time, patience, and most important of all, standings.

This is where you come in. You fleet up with me and I request missions from my Caldari Navy Slave Driver, er, Agent. Then, you head out there and do whatever soul-draining task CCP wanted me to do, and come back with the mission item/mission site completed. I turn the mission in and reap the standings; no sharing those. Then I pay you. I pay you enough to make it worth your while to subject yourself to the torture I can no longer bear.

This sum will have to be a multiple of the mission reward ISK (not including the time bonus.) I am open to suggestion. Naturally, some of you will be more inclined to accept this proposal than others. Therefore, the format of this thread will be that of an auction. Your bid will be an integer or a number with any number of decimal places. You are welcome to bid irrational numbers like π or √2. That is only fitting as this is a highly irrational venture.

Let's say you bid "5." This means you are willing to do the mission and let me have the standings in return for a payment of 5 times the mission reward (not including time bonus). Couldn't be clearer.

The auction closes when I feel like it and the lowest bid wins.

I will offer the lowest bidder at least 3 (three) missions at their bid, after that it all depends on how I'm feeling.

A couple of rules:

1. Don't talk to me unless it's important. This is business; no fraternization.

2. If you die while missioning, you're fired. Don't ask me for money.

3. You can bring as many friends as you like, but only you will get paid.

4. If you're one of those people that take several hours to complete a single mission, our partnership will be a short one.

5. You can keep the loot and salvage.

6. You may select the level (up to 4) and type of mission, but I will select the agent and location.

7. No storyline, COSMOS, data-center or epic arc missions.

Questions are welcome. I will update this post to answer them, and update status of the bid.

With that, let the bidding begin. I will start off with the initial multiple of 10. Please bid numbers smaller than the lowest current or initial bid.

EDIT: It has been brought to my attention that LP are best accounted for separately. I will pay 1k ISK per LP completely independently of the mission reward multiple. Hope that clarifies things and incentives more offers.
Kara Books
Deal with IT.
#2 - 2013-01-03 07:42:08 UTC
6^3-3.1/0.90 - (12 + 4)
Aptenodytes
Reckless Abandon
#3 - 2013-01-03 09:51:41 UTC
Dude it takes like 3 days to get good standings to a corp, or about a week to get good ones to a faction. You're doing it wrong.
Thomas Gore
Blackfyre Enterprise
#4 - 2013-01-03 10:14:09 UTC
Aptenodytes wrote:
Dude it takes like 3 days to get good standings to a corp, or about a week to get good ones to a faction. You're doing it wrong.

I think he's doing it right:

"but I will select the agent and location."
Aptenodytes
Reckless Abandon
#5 - 2013-01-03 10:28:08 UTC
Aha..... good point.....
Wescro
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#6 - 2013-01-03 11:00:06 UTC
Kara Books wrote:
6^3-3.1/0.90 - (12 + 4)

This bid is invalid, as it is higher than the current or initial bid. I will use google to determine the value of any unsolved figures.

Aptenodytes wrote:

I have excellent standings, that is not enough. I want perfect standings. Perfect defined for our purposes as being rounded up to 10.0 on the character sheet.
Daniel Plain
Doomheim
#7 - 2013-01-03 14:57:17 UTC
oh my, guess i will undock my officer fit tengu and fly to the system you want me to be in then.

I should buy an Ishtar.

Wescro
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#8 - 2013-01-03 15:02:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Wescro
Daniel Plain wrote:
oh my, guess i will undock my officer fit tengu and fly to the system you want me to be in then.

Since no one else has yet made a bid, would it be fair to say you are making a bid of 9.99 times mission reward bonus?

As for systems, this will take place around Jita. Think Funtanainen, Sobaseki, Kalakela, Isikemi etc.
Zor'katar
Matari Recreation
#9 - 2013-01-03 15:11:34 UTC
Under this plan, wouldn't you have to undock and potentially jump to the target system so that you can spawn the site for the person who's actually doing the work? If you're really lazy and impatient, seems like one of the advertised standings sale services would make a lot more sense. Sure, you're only getting half the standings, but in this scheme you're still required to be tied to one spot and doing work.
Wescro
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#10 - 2013-01-03 15:16:35 UTC
Zor'katar wrote:
Under this plan, wouldn't you have to undock and potentially jump to the target system so that you can spawn the site for the person who's actually doing the work? If you're really lazy and impatient, seems like one of the advertised standings sale services would make a lot more sense. Sure, you're only getting half the standings, but in this scheme you're still required to be tied to one spot and doing work.

I didn't realize the mission taker spawned the site. Chalk it up to mission-ignorance. I don't mind doing that though. Beats spinning ships.

The main reasons I'm doing this are:

1. Faction fit Ravens are slow
2. Faction fit Ravens are expensive
3. Missioning itself is boring, and takes too longs for my liking.

Perhaps you are right, and I should consider consulting with standings sale services.
Gotch Urarse
Perkone
Caldari State
#11 - 2013-01-03 19:26:01 UTC
Wescro wrote:
Zor'katar wrote:

I didn't realize the mission taker spawned the site. Chalk it up to mission-ignorance. I don't mind doing that though. Beats spinning ships.

Perhaps you are right, and I should consider consulting with standings sale services.

Here's an option, if you still want to contract, all you have to do is take your pod to the mission site (rats won't attack pods) then let your partner warp to you. As long as they save the position (in case of warp out), you need only do that. Your time/mission is time to get to mission site, wait a sec, and warp back. Just a though.
Eternal Error
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2013-01-03 19:43:37 UTC
I'll do it for exactly 1307.2 times the mission reward, final offer.
Kara Books
Deal with IT.
#13 - 2013-01-03 20:33:53 UTC
Eternal Error wrote:
I'll do it for exactly 1307.2 times the mission reward, final offer.

Thats the exact number I came to when I first calculated Risk VS reward, but then I thought no way is any Long time vet like this fine gentleman OP going to accept that, so I devised a plan, my plan was to make the numbers look smaller, with minuses, alass, he has some kind of a hidden defense in the form of 9.99, It was a Tarp!
Daniel Plain
Doomheim
#14 - 2013-01-03 21:22:25 UTC
Wescro wrote:
Zor'katar wrote:

if you consider a faction fit raven expensive, we probably won't agree on a price tbh.

I should buy an Ishtar.