These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Ballistic Control System does not affect displayed Missile Damage (via Charge Info)?

Author
Bene Inkura
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1 - 2013-01-02 10:39:57 UTC
Hello,

firstly, happy new year everyone ;) Guess this is my first post in the offical Forums :)

I noticed that the Ballistic Control System does not affect the displayed Damage of Missiles via the Charge Info Window. Is this a known bug? A quick google search got me to an old thread where there was a litte quote of a patch note telling that this bug had been fixed back in 2009 or so.

I noticed this bug while doing some calculations on missile damage and testing my calcs doing some anoms. While shooting a BS the damage i did to the hull was greater than the maximum possible damage i could do with a volley of my missiles (assuming the indicated Charge Info Missile damage was correct).

Guessing that this is a bug, what is the Drawback of installing more than one BCS? 10%? The Tooltip of the BCS won't tell me.

I searched the Forums for this issue but searching for Ballistic Control System results in 48 Sites of threads or so (fittings mostly), and Ballistic Control System Bug / Charge Info gave no results. So excuse me if this question allready came up ;)

Hope someone can help me ;)

Greetings

Bene
Capt Starfox
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#2 - 2013-01-02 10:55:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Capt Starfox
Shows increased dmg amount on Pyfa.. Downtime is about to hit and I don't have anything in-game for me to work with anyway, I want to say it's just a bug, hiccup.

4-5 BCS (can't remember which one exactly) is all you would want, anything beyond that isn't worth the slot.

1st module: 100% effective
2nd: 87%
3rd: 57%
4th: 28%
5th:10.5%
6th:3%

Abandon all hope ye who x up in fleet

Esra Udan
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#3 - 2013-01-02 16:33:24 UTC
Usually you will only put 3 BCS on. You can do 4 but there should be a good reason not to fit something else.
ChromeStriker
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2013-01-02 16:44:07 UTC
Also damage done has a random aspect in the form of glancing, penetrating, wrecking shots etc which are in themselves changed by you chance to hit (if your both stationary @ point blank, the chances of wrecking hits is higher)

No Worries

Lynkon Lawg
Second Six Corporation
#5 - 2013-01-02 17:11:03 UTC
The glancing, penetrating, etc. shots do not apply to missiles.

To the OP, to my knowledge the BCS has never shown the correct dmg in the missile charge info. This has been a long standing known bug, and honestly I stopped looking a couple of years ago, so if it was fixed I wouldn't know.
Taoist Dragon
SHAVED
#6 - 2013-01-02 21:15:56 UTC
why bother to look at the charge info for damage stats?

just mouse over the icon while in space it wil tell you there how much damage it does. also the fitting window tells you as well. You can then punch those figures into whatever spreadsheet you are using (i'm assuming you are doing this for your amon calcs.)

personally I CBA to do those types calcs i just fit it up and go see what happens :)

That is the Way, the Tao.

Balance is everything.

Lynkon Lawg
Second Six Corporation
#7 - 2013-01-03 04:28:59 UTC
Taoist Dragon wrote:
why bother to look at the charge info for damage stats?

just mouse over the icon while in space it wil tell you there how much damage it does. also the fitting window tells you as well. You can then punch those figures into whatever spreadsheet you are using (i'm assuming you are doing this for your amon calcs.)

personally I CBA to do those types calcs i just fit it up and go see what happens :)

I just tested the charge stats and the in-flight pop-up and neither show the results of the BCS. The total ship DPS does show changes based on the BCS inclusion, but I suppose to show accurate readings, you would need to only have one launcher installed, and no other damage dealing items on the ship. Not the most efficient way, but it works.
Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#8 - 2013-01-03 05:39:10 UTC
file a bug just to be sure. ingame F12.

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Salpad
Carebears with Attitude
#9 - 2013-01-03 08:33:09 UTC
Esra Udan wrote:
Usually you will only put 3 BCS on. You can do 4 but there should be a good reason not to fit something else.

Often you fit 4 BCS because you really don't have anything better to use that 4th LOW slot for. Shield-tanked ships don't benefit much from a Damage Control Unit if you're confident you can handle your PVE.

5 BCS is crazy, though. You gain almost no benefit at all from a 5th BCS. The Op must note, though, that you are never ever actually going to be penalized for fitting too many BCS. Each added BCS increases your damage, although after the 3rd or 4th, the increase becomes so small you really should try to find a better use for the slot.