These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

Ingame Visual Adverts

Author
Stegas Tyrano
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2013-01-02 18:08:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Stegas Tyrano
Give us more options to advertise our corp/alliance/services to players. This will make it easier for corp/alliance recruitment and traders who want to buy/sell specific goods/services. It'll also add some life to the game and make it look busier and more sci-fi.

Below are some possible locations/ideas for adverts.

• Put a billboard(s) in the Hangar View so that Corp Adverts and other game news can be displayed there.
  • A customisable anchorable structure that will replace the multitude of cans anchored everywhere, maybe a billboard that can be anchored off gates which has to have a rent fee paid or it gets unanchored and hauled to your corp office
  • Customisable avatar backgrounds, Let us display our Corp Logo's + Name as Backgrounds.

This is something which I believe requires relatively little work but add's to the games immersion.

>>>Link to similar proposals made before<<<

Herping your derp since 19Potato - [url=https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2403364][Proposal] - Ingame Visual Adverts[/url]

Hakan MacTrew
MUTED VOID
#2 - 2013-01-02 19:11:09 UTC
This doesn't sound like a bad idea. There's a monitor wall in the CQ, so why not the hanger?
I would like the option to turn it off though.

The player/corp/alliance owned billboards sounds great. Rather than having them need direct attention like cans, they could consume fuel blocks, (say 1 per day or something,) or a rental fee, (possibly based on the number in system, like office fees.) Also, any in empire space should also require charters.

I also like the idea about corp/alliance avatar backgrounds.
Sidus Rado
Sidus Rado Tax Free Corporation
#3 - 2013-01-02 19:42:06 UTC
I like the idea of billboards, like concorde ones, which are near gates. The rent fee is determined by auction - who pays more places adv on the billboard in the next day. The auction is accessible from anywhere and there is no need to come to billboard itself to place adv, you just need to win auction for next day. It will bring more reality to game.
Beta Miner
COBRA Logistics
#4 - 2013-01-03 05:15:25 UTC
Sidus Rado wrote:
I like the idea of billboards, like concorde ones, which are near gates. The rent fee is determined by auction - who pays more places adv on the billboard in the next day. The auction is accessible from anywhere and there is no need to come to billboard itself to place adv, you just need to win auction for next day. It will bring more reality to game.

Actually i can imagine null sec alliances throwing up a big 'This system for sale or rent". Besides, Jita is a cesspool anyways .. thus it needs tons of gaudy billboards.

Great idea. =)

AFK Cloaking? An afk cloaker has never ganked me. In fact a cloaker at his keybourd has never ganked me either.

Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#5 - 2013-01-03 05:31:09 UTC
the "billboards" next to gates need a redesign too. Some of them could be even integrated in station surfaces once they are V3.

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Stegas Tyrano
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2013-01-03 10:40:51 UTC
Bienator II wrote:
the "billboards" next to gates need a redesign too. Some of them could be even integrated in station surfaces once they are V3.

I considered this but realised people spend more time in hangar view (ship spinning) over outside station. It might be useful in trade hubs where people like to fight outside stations.

Herping your derp since 19Potato - [url=https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2403364][Proposal] - Ingame Visual Adverts[/url]

Somatic Neuron
Masterwork Productions Inc
#7 - 2013-01-03 14:34:27 UTC
I'd love it if CCP cleared out all player containers ongrid with any gate or station...and then offer a non-collidable billboard that cost them hourly to have in place....once the fee was no longer paid, it would go away.
Da Dom
Primary Industries
#8 - 2013-01-05 21:22:21 UTC
Hakan MacTrew wrote:
This doesn't sound like a bad idea. There's a monitor wall in the CQ, so why not the hanger?
I would like the option to turn it off though..

I like this Idea. The semi-useless planetary monitor in the CQ does need to be turned off

Because Far-que... That's why.

W3370Pi4
Lucid Dreamers
#9 - 2013-01-08 18:24:13 UTC
this has been raised many times the problem is that the billboard system was programmed by DEvs that are no longer with CCP anymore

Bloodpetal
Tir Capital Management Group
#10 - 2013-01-08 18:38:00 UTC

Charge reasonable low rate AUR for the ad time, and CCP makes $$

Where I am.

Mara Tyrano
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2013-01-30 15:30:31 UTC
This idea is great. +1

Disclaimer: I am in now way related to OP...honest.
Derath Ellecon
Washburne Holdings
#12 - 2013-01-30 15:35:14 UTC
I want to rent ad space on a billboard. That would be cool. They could calculate ad rates for billboards at gates by jumps per hour or something.
MainDrain
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2013-01-30 15:55:34 UTC
Hakan MacTrew wrote:

The player/corp/alliance owned billboards sounds great. Rather than having them need direct attention like cans, they could consume fuel blocks, (say 1 per day or something,) or a rental fee, (possibly based on the number in system, like office fees.) Also, any in empire space should also require charters.

I would say if you have an office in the system you are allowed one billboard (if your lucky and have more than one office you can have more than one billboard)

not only will this be slightly more immersive than the dozens of cans you get at some gates, it will also cover a wider number of systems
Hakan MacTrew
MUTED VOID
#14 - 2013-01-30 16:33:44 UTC
MainDrain wrote:
Hakan MacTrew wrote:

I would say if you have an office in the system you are allowed one billboard (if your lucky and have more than one office you can have more than one billboard)

not only will this be slightly more immersive than the dozens of cans you get at some gates, it will also cover a wider number of systems

Not bad. I can get behind that.
Bagrat Skalski
Koinuun Kotei
#15 - 2013-01-30 19:34:41 UTC
Imagine new, modular POS with bilboards all over it, near a stargate. Shocked
Arduemont
The State of War.
#16 - 2013-01-30 19:47:34 UTC
This is a fantastic idea, and it's been brought up before. It always gets fantastic amounts of support.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=96911

Here is the old one I remember. This needs to happen at some point.

Ship it.

"In the age of information, ignorance is a choice." www.stateofwar.co.nf

Stegas Tyrano
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#17 - 2013-01-30 19:52:06 UTC
Edited OP to include posted link.

Thanks

Reaver Glitterstim
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#18 - 2013-02-03 14:43:14 UTC
Howabout more public billboards which players could rent ad space on, and the owning corporations would just keep increasing the rates until they start getting gaps. Could turn into a decent ISK sink as well as a good advertising forum. Of course high sec should have lots of ads, lets be serious.

FT Diomedes: "Reaver, sometimes I wonder what you are thinking when you sit down to post."

Frostys Virpio: "We have to give it to him that he does put more effort than the vast majority in his idea but damn does it sometime come out of nowhere."

Stegas Tyrano
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#19 - 2013-02-24 22:31:19 UTC
I haven't bumped this before but I honestly think this should be ingame and is easy to implement so...err yeh...bump!

Commander Imran
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2013-03-03 13:46:16 UTC
As long as it isn't abusable it should be great.

+1
123Next page