These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Does GOON pay CCP? They seem to get away with a lot and nobody cares.

First post
Author
Brutus Septimius
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#21 - 2013-01-02 05:37:14 UTC
Jules Winnfield wrote:
EULA, ************, DID YOU READ IT?

Gossamer DT
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#22 - 2013-01-02 05:37:18 UTC
over all I give the op 4/10 would have given better, but the I will take you to court man, has been used way to many times.

who is your main, and what does he do?

Tyrone Cashmoney
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#23 - 2013-01-02 05:37:28 UTC
Of course we pay CCP. Or PLEX our accounts, which amounts to the same. That's usually how subscription-based MMOs work.
toniciconic
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#24 - 2013-01-02 05:37:31 UTC
Did he tell you to go buy that plex? If not he is not responsible for how you acquire the funds. Also you're probably one of those people that doesn't google something and calls tech support instead.
Kandrew Dorak
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2013-01-02 05:37:54 UTC
Tyrone Cashmoney
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#26 - 2013-01-02 05:38:16 UTC
Tyrone Cashmoney wrote:
Of course we pay CCP. Or PLEX our accounts, which amounts to the same. That's usually how subscription-based MMOs work.

That was entirely too serious and for that I apologize.
Mithrawndo
Mando'a Navy
#27 - 2013-01-02 05:38:31 UTC
So you got scammed, then when you came across the scammer later on, you had some... harsh words for them, insulted, swore at, and cursed everyone from them, their cousin, to their mama's toy poodle named Fluffle, they reported you for the harsh language (which is against EULA), and scamming is NOT against the EULA, and somehow you think that the other person is at fault?

Welcome to Eve, 2013, and life.

BTW, wanna join my corp instead? We're hip, cool, laid back. No shenanigans, promise.

Tyrone Cashmoney
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#28 - 2013-01-02 05:38:59 UTC
ps my check is in the mail ccp

wink wink
Tector
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#29 - 2013-01-02 05:41:12 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Tector wrote:
The really funny part is that our own Wiki tells people that we do not openly recruit or charge security deposits or ask people to hand things over.

I wish I'd read that first. Did you get my in game mail?

Yes, I checked my evemail shortly after posting that. Sorry for your loss.
Super spikinator
Hegemonous Conscripts
#30 - 2013-01-02 05:41:12 UTC
Selyra Lin wrote:
Of course, I fell for their recruiting scam and contracted my assets to them and lost 4.5billion isk worth of stuff. I try to talk to every possible person in Goon that I can think of and tell them about this and tell all tell me to **** off. Tried to talk to Tector, La Nariz, and a few more.

All I get from La Nariz is a mail saying he has eyes in all over Eve and knows what is going on. Sad part is, he was in the convo with me and the recruiter scammer talking about some capital program they never had.

Now all of a sudden I am back on the recruitment channel seeking a corp and the same scammer using the same name sends me another message asking if I would like to join their corp. I laugh at him and tell him he is the same kid that scammed me the other day and all of a sudden I am getting a mail from some GM saying I have been warned for using harsh language toward some kid who got hurt and cried about it. That I could use the petition to challenge the warning.

So they are allowed to do whatever they please and say whatever they want and nothing happens, but when someone laughs at them for trying to scam the same person twice I get warned?

Since plex's are considered in game items, that can be bought with real money. Does that fall under fraud? that can be taken to court? Seen a news article a while back where a guy tried to sell a game account online and was scammed out of it and he ended up taking the guy to court, even tho it is against the EULA to sell game accounts, but the judge awarded the case in his favor since real money was involved and made the scammer pay him back.

So since I am from the US and this guy is from the US that means I could possibly seek the same and take it to court?

Honest question goons. Does this reach the top 10 in hauls you have made from people who think they can get into goonswarm in any way but :tenbux:
Arec Bardwin
#31 - 2013-01-02 05:41:27 UTC
Posting in goon recruitment scam thread #1 2013.
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#32 - 2013-01-02 05:42:09 UTC
Super spikinator wrote:
Honest question goons. Does this reach the top 10 in hauls you have made from people who think they can get into goonswarm in any way but :tenbux:

Doubt it, but we don't keep score anyway.

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Powers Sa
#33 - 2013-01-02 05:42:21 UTC
What, pray tell, is "GOON", and why does their hard earned subscription money differ any from yours?

Do you like winning t2 frigs and dictors for Dirt Cheap?https://eveninggames.net/register/ref/dQddmNgyLhFBqNJk

Remeber: Gambling addiction is no laughing matter unless you've lost a vast space fortune on the internet.

Generic5Guy
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#34 - 2013-01-02 05:42:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Generic5Guy
Selyra Lin wrote:

Now all of a sudden I am back on the recruitment channel seeking a corp and the same scammer using the same name sends me another message asking if I would like to join their corp.

Hey, do you want to join our corp? We are seeking experienced cap pilots like your fine self. If you want to make some isk, you can bring down 20 lokis to flip.

Super spikinator wrote:

Occupies my #2 spot for sure.
No More Heroes
Sanctuary of Shadows
Dock Workers
#35 - 2013-01-02 05:43:08 UTC
Super spikinator wrote:

This is clearly nothing but a big misunderstanding.

Lykouleon
Noble Sentiments
Second Empire.
#36 - 2013-01-02 05:43:14 UTC
Gossamer DT wrote:
over all I give the op 4/10 would have given better, but the I will take you to court man, has been used way to many times.

Holy heavens have mercy, Gossamer DT making a post with no spelling mistakes.

Lykouleon > CYNO ME CLOSER so I can hit them with my sword

Remiel Pollard
Shock Treatment Ministries
#37 - 2013-01-02 05:43:17 UTC
Tector wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Tector wrote:
The really funny part is that our own Wiki tells people that we do not openly recruit or charge security deposits or ask people to hand things over.

I wish I'd read that first. Did you get my in game mail?

Yes, I checked my evemail shortly after posting that. Sorry for your loss.

Meh, I'll get over it. It was mostly BPOs, nothing particularly special, and the half a billion isk "deposit". Easily replaced. I'll just kill him eventually, that'll make me happy Lol

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#38 - 2013-01-02 05:43:33 UTC
The process for getting into GoonWaffe is thoroughly documented in the avatar of Something Awful forums user 'vyst', known as "Aryndel Vyst" in EVE.

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Mynas Atoch
Eternity INC.
Goonswarm Federation
#39 - 2013-01-02 05:44:12 UTC
This thread seems to be lacking context. Can you give us more details about the characters involved, the sums involved,.the chatlogs so we can see for ourselves whether a prima face case can be made for a real life grid. Also more specificity about the conversation that led to your warning? Enquiring minds want to know.
Mithrawndo
Mando'a Navy
#40 - 2013-01-02 05:44:22 UTC
Arec Bardwin wrote:
Posting in goon recruitment scam thread #1 2013.

And on Jan 1. May many more follow!