These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Troubling times

First post
Author
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#41 - 2013-01-02 04:02:22 UTC
Removed an off topic post.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

Super spikinator
Hegemonous Conscripts
#42 - 2013-01-02 04:25:14 UTC
Some Rando wrote:
Aether Serval wrote:
Stealth James315 advertisement.. or do you seriously not know that's where his lot are currently deployed?

That's not the kind of role play you think it is, it is the buy our mining permit and follow our rules or else kind.

So they're not role-playing space-extortionists with a semi-religious devotion to a messiah figure and his commandments?

No, they are roleplayers, disregard the previous poster. They just do not see the cost-benefit of paying off a extortionist cult a pittance (10 million a year - that's like 15min work to the bot aspirant ice miner) and the cessation of afk mining so they will not be bumped out of mine range and/or shelled by a fleet of catalysts, piloted by zealots who have bathed in the holy light of concord and have found it wanting.
Beekeeper Bob
Beekeepers Anonymous
#43 - 2013-01-02 04:29:38 UTC
Some Rando wrote:
I was tooling around in Brapelille today and noticed a lot of roleplaying going on in local. Is this a taste of the future of high-sec, roleplaying everywhere?

Why do you care? Did they personally offend you somehow?

Signature removed - CCP Eterne

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#44 - 2013-01-02 04:33:40 UTC
Roleplay? What do they mean roleplay? In the bedroom? Is the OP taking too much Crash?

Why such trivial matters given these grave concerns with the ongoing war and the Sansha incursions?

I could say much more, but I have to send some letters to the families of recently deceased members of my crew from a ship I lost to those Serpentis scum.

The world would be a much better place if we would work harder to rid our space of these pirates instead of talking gibberish on GalNet.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Atticus Lowa
Lowa Corp Industries and Security
#45 - 2013-01-02 04:36:20 UTC
Mallak Azaria wrote:
"As he approached the mirror, he noticed that the bulge of his manhood was smaller than the other men."

"As he awoke in his new clone all he could remember was the word... TENGU"
Alana Charen-Teng
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#46 - 2013-01-02 08:45:15 UTC
I stumbled into Brapelille recently, and I found a lot of people role-playing as angry miners who had just lost their exhumers. They were very dedicated to their role, uttering all manner of harsh words and making numerous threats against the people role-playing as freedom fighters and custodians of high security space.
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#47 - 2013-01-02 09:21:24 UTC
Alana Charen-Teng wrote:
I stumbled into Brapelille recently, and I found a lot of people role-playing as angry miners who had just lost their exhumers. They were very dedicated to their role, uttering all manner of harsh words and making numerous threats against the people role-playing as freedom fighters and custodians of high security space.

Sounds like quite ~the scene~ for RPers

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Goran Konjich
Krompany
#48 - 2013-01-02 09:45:42 UTC
Alana Charen-Teng wrote:

Did they drink a lot of beer ?

I'm a diplomat. Sometimes i throw 425mm wide briefcases at enemy. Such is EVE.

Thomas Gore
Blackfyre Enterprise
#49 - 2013-01-02 09:57:04 UTC
Proletariat Tingtango wrote:
roleplaying is lame as hell nobody should be defending it in any game.

Ohnoes. Did you accidentally get into cyber with another guy, also playing a female char?
Vincent Athena
Photosynth
#50 - 2013-01-02 17:32:46 UTC
Some Rando wrote:
I was tooling around in Brapelille today and noticed a lot of roleplaying going on in local. Is this a taste of the future of high-sec, roleplaying everywhere?

Are you a member of one of those odd religions that believes in "players" and "The game"?

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#51 - 2013-01-02 17:38:04 UTC
Some Rando wrote:

(Senator Palpatine Voice)

Something Something you don't like my play style something Darkside

(/Senator Palpatine Voice)
Fix Lag
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#52 - 2013-01-02 17:41:03 UTC
This thread needs less whining and more erotic spacefiction.

CCP mostly sucks at their job, but Veritas is a pretty cool dude.

Leah Solo
Lag No Use
#53 - 2013-01-02 17:42:54 UTC

Guess "you weren't there". Lol
Some Rando
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#54 - 2013-01-02 17:46:55 UTC
Vincent Athena wrote:
Are you a member of one of those odd religions that believes in "players" and "The game"?

You just lost. Sad

CCP has no sense of humour.

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#55 - 2013-01-02 17:50:58 UTC
Yes... yes it is.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Lexmana
#56 - 2013-01-02 17:51:07 UTC
Shalia Ripper wrote:
Roleplaying only sucks when you are not the one with the whip.

There are two letters in SM ...
Ginger Barbarella
#57 - 2013-01-02 17:53:08 UTC
Some Rando wrote:

So find them and shoot them. What's the problem here? Pirate

"Blow it all on Quafe and strippers." --- Sorlac

Lexmana
#58 - 2013-01-02 17:55:47 UTC
Ginger Barbarella wrote:
Some Rando wrote:

So find them and shoot them. What's the problem here? Pirate

or you could just bump them.
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#59 - 2013-01-02 17:55:48 UTC
Fix Lag wrote:
This thread needs less whining and more erotic spacefiction.

I can tell you that Minmatar women are as aggressive as slaver hounds but thankfully much prettier.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Max Doobie
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#60 - 2013-01-02 17:57:46 UTC

YEAH, WE DUH KEWL KIDZ, WE DUN ROLEPLAYZ KUZ WE KEWLZ.

shut up dude.

Pretty sure most folks think fat neckbeards circle jerking on SA and playing "PEW PEW BUZZLIGHTER SPACE RANGERZ" is equally as lame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbfBjo-Mw6U&feature=related