These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

wanting to move to nullsec...

Author
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#81 - 2013-01-01 11:23:22 UTC
Andski wrote:
But seriously I find it hilarious that you think you're the only one who knows about Goonswarm recruitment scams and the fact that Dreddit and GoonWaffe source their members from external communities because this is totally not common knowledge amongst EVE players

I also find it amusing that people think that the $10 fee to join SA is something people do to join Goonwaffe. I'm sure there are a few people who have done so, but SA is such a large community that most people probably signed up to the forums long before they ever even heard of EVE Online.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Scatim Helicon
State War Academy
Caldari State
#82 - 2013-01-01 11:23:57 UTC
Kaylyis wrote:
Oh well, I'll be over here with the popcorn watching the vitriol while you all argue over whether or not the goons are a buncha lyin' cheatin' scammers.

Depends, what day of the week is it again?

Every time you post a WiS thread, Hilmar strangles a kitten.

Arduemont
Rotten Legion
#83 - 2013-01-01 11:28:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Arduemont
Kaylyis wrote:
How the hell do I figure out which corps are renters? Not interested in rental space, want to learn fleet combat. Dont want to be micromanaged. I have a funny feeling I'm barking up a dead tree, but i gotta try.

By the way I can fly Scimi and Oneiros will be online in a couple days.

I highly encourage people to score responses because i know this post is almost like a neon sign reading TROLL ME!

Well, believe it or not the best way is to open up convos with their diplos/recruiters and ask them directly. Pick a few alliances you have heard of and like the sounds of joining and then see if they will accept you into their holding corps (Some alliances have holding corps without any active members in, just for security reasons. Obviously you wont be getting into one of those. But even then, there is still a main corp). If you can't get into the main corp see if they have any recommendations for corps in the alliance. Don't rush into anything, and make sure you ask multiple people, prepare some questions you need answers to such as:

Do you guys have a fleet doctrine? Is it mostly shield ships or armour ships? Are you guys renters? How strict are you guys on CTAs? Do you mind people mining/PvEing in your space? Are you relatively new player friendly? Do you have a ship replacement program(Important)? Etc etc etc.

If you really don't want to be micromanaged, NPC nullsec corps and alliances are probably worth a go. I was part of Ineluctable out in Syndicate and they were fantastic. NPC nullsec has always seemed best to me. Less blobs, more tactical warfare, made me into the PvPer I am today. Null blobs only really taught me the very basics.

"In the age of information, ignorance is a choice." www.stateofwar.co.nf

Malphilos
State War Academy
Caldari State
#84 - 2013-01-01 12:57:09 UTC
Scatim Helicon wrote:
Kaylyis wrote:
Oh well, I'll be over here with the popcorn watching the vitriol while you all argue over whether or not the goons are a buncha lyin' cheatin' scammers.

Depends, what day of the week is it again?

It's one that ends in "d - a - y".

So yes.
Jori McKie
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#85 - 2013-01-01 13:36:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Jori McKie
Only advice i can give you is either to join RvB or goto lowsec FW systems and do some solo pvp in FR or CR. Both ship types are really fun right now due to the last buff and changes in crimewatch especially that sentries will only fire at you if your crime was comitted in sight (and won't shoot at you again after you warp out and back in on grid) and never fire at Drones. Just check my kills/losses to find populated systems.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." - Abrazzar

Catharian Sabezan
Doomheim
#86 - 2013-01-01 19:48:03 UTC
Andski wrote:
Catharian Sabezan wrote:
Oh really? Thats BS. One needs only to google "goonswarm recruitment scam" and look how many hits you get.

Who are they going to believe, a classy Goonswarm director like myself or an NPC alt poster like you?

Scamming is not condoned within Goonswarm Federation, any members who engage in such behavior are liable to expulsion.

There are MANY in the Eve community that would disagree with you. I don't believe any member in Goonswarm has ever been kicked for scamming. The fact that you claim to be a "classy director" shows that you're not. As I mentioned, a simple google search clearly shows everything you have just stated is a lie.

Andski wrote:
But seriously I find it hilarious that you think you're the only one who knows about Goonswarm recruitment scams and the fact that Dreddit and GoonWaffe source their members from external communities because this is totally not common knowledge amongst EVE players

Unfortunately, you're right in that the new players with no knowledge of Eve politics or nullsec and are looking to join a nullsec alliance , are not aware that Dreddit/TEST alliance and Goonswarm do not recruit from the main Eve population. Unfortunately this is the exact reason that the recruiting scams work. The few that are accepted from the Eve population are almost always alts or friends of those already in the alliances.

Someone else mentioned the $10 fee for the Something awful forums. I don't know if anyone in their right mind would give their real name and credit card number, ip address, email address, to a group of people who have a serious rep as scammers. I would think one day you would end up the victim of identity theft.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#87 - 2013-01-01 19:58:12 UTC
I don't know why "going to null sec" or any other activity in the game are so hard for people. "Going to null sec" is as easy as jumping through the right gate after getting to know a few people before hand.

Of course, because of all the paranoia and fear in among the high sec people i played with in my 1st year of EVE, I thought anything outside of high sec was insta death, like you ship just explodes as soon as you realize you're in low/null sec. The past 4.5 years of playing has proved to me that it was just BS.

The existance of NPC null (and parts of low sec new null) and ships with jump drives means there is never any real need to keep stuff other than combat ships in conquerable stations. T3 cloaky nullified ships means there is no real way to keep you or anyone else out of low/null. etc etc.

The real truth is that anyone who really wants to go out of high sec for some reason will find a way to, the rest will sometimes claim they do to save face/not get stigmatized as a high sec carebear, but the truth is that the only thing they lack is will.
Rams Trough'put
White Knight's Production inc.
#88 - 2013-01-01 20:07:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Rams Trough'put
edit:.... common since demanded my idiocy be stricken from the record
Bane Necran
Appono Astos
#89 - 2013-01-01 20:07:50 UTC
Akiyo Mayaki wrote:
I like how goons took over this thread.

Least they did it on their mains this time.

Baby steps.

"In the void is virtue, and no evil. Wisdom has existence, principle has existence, the Way has existence, spirit is nothingness." ~Miyamoto Musashi

Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#90 - 2013-01-01 20:11:33 UTC
Bane Necran wrote:
Akiyo Mayaki wrote:
I like how goons took over this thread.

Least they did it on their mains this time.

Baby steps.

Since when have we not used our mains? That's more of a pubbie thing.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#91 - 2013-01-01 20:14:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Mallak Azaria
Catharian Sabezan wrote:
Someone else mentioned the $10 fee for the Something awful forums. I don't know if anyone in their right mind would give their real name and credit card number, ip address, email address, to a group of people who have a serious rep as scammers. I would think one day you would end up the victim of identity theft.

Wait, was it you that tried this?

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Six Six Six
Doomheim
#92 - 2013-01-01 20:22:15 UTC
Kaylyis wrote:
How the hell do I figure out which corps are renters? Not interested in rental space, want to learn fleet combat. Dont want to be micromanaged. I have a funny feeling I'm barking up a dead tree, but i gotta try.

By the way I can fly Scimi and Oneiros will be online in a couple days.

I highly encourage people to score responses because i know this post is almost like a neon sign reading TROLL ME!

Read through the first few pages of this thread and from your answers that you gave to people, I think you already know the answer to your question. So why the thread? Trolling or just a moan about what 0.0 is like?

If you can't follow a chain of command then you won't be much use to an 0.0 corp unless it is a rental and as you don't want to be in a rental you would be better off in high-sec.
psycho freak
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#93 - 2013-01-01 20:33:45 UTC
op

dont bother unless you want to be a sheep or lemming

my spelling sux brb find phone number for someone who gives a fu*k

nop cant find it

Hannah Flex
#94 - 2013-01-01 20:41:07 UTC
Catharian Sabezan wrote:
Its pretty sad that 2 major alliances dont care about their rep

Tell me more about the importance of rep in Internet Spaceships..
Hannah Flex
#95 - 2013-01-01 20:49:27 UTC
Catharian Sabezan wrote:
Someone else mentioned the $10 fee for the Something Awful forums. I don't know if anyone in their right mind would give their real name and credit card number, ip address, email address, to a group of people who have a serious rep as scammers

Yes there is a $10 fee to join SA. This is not a new thing. SA is a large 300k+ community and the forums are ruthlessly moderated to keep out unfunny meme spouting umadbro 4chan garbage. Goons in EVE Online- that is: members of GoonWaffe are all members of SA or been 'sponsored' personally vouched for by a GoonWaffe member.

They want people (existing members of the community) who want to play EVE Online with other goons, not people who pay tenbux to join SA just to get in goons you see, these are called: J4G's (join for guild) it happens very very often which is why the tenbux is such a thing. Pay $10 and get in goons, nope sorry, those guys are also ruthlessly weeded out.

AlleyKat
The Unwanted.
#96 - 2013-01-01 21:04:35 UTC
Six Six Six wrote:
...If you can't follow a chain of command...

Sadly, this is the sort of thing which immediately puts off people going to or even moving to null-sec.

Chain of Command?

Not loling or mocking you Six Six Six; but anyone who wants to enforce or suggest a Chain of Command to someone when they play a computer game can foxtrot oscar.

Hence why I left all corps and alliances; not because of adversity to PvP, just adversity to punching a clock when all I want to do when I get home is virtually punch people - but this game doesn't want people like that. It does allow for egotistical ingratiation by misanthropes, though.

Hence also, why I named my corp what I did - not even ironically.

Not all alliances and corps are the same, but for reasons I would rather leave to educated professionals of mental illnesses, the majority appear to be drawn to the aforementioned.

If you like a chain of command, null sec is perfect for you - but be prepared to lose all free will and ability to control your own destiny. You will be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed & numbered, like living in Portmeirion.

And people wonder why the highest population lives in high-sec. I'm sure it's related to why the majority of human beings do not join the armed forces.

AK

This space for rent.

Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#97 - 2013-01-01 21:21:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Nicolo da'Vicenza
AlleyKat wrote:
Six Six Six wrote:
...If you can't follow a chain of command...

Sadly, this is the sort of thing which immediately puts off people going to or even moving to null-sec.

Chain of Command?

Not loling or mocking you Six Six Six; but anyone who wants to enforce or suggest a Chain of Command to someone when they play a computer game can foxtrot oscar

i dunno, why do sports have coaches?
why don't the soccer and football players just run around and do 'what feels right' to them?
I thought sports were supposed to be fun, why do people agree to play team sports?
Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#98 - 2013-01-01 21:24:14 UTC
AlleyKat wrote:
If you like a chain of command, null sec is perfect for you - but be prepared to lose all free will and ability to control your own destiny. You will be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed & numbered, like living in Portmeirion.

We have some kind of chain, but I can pretty much do whatever I want

AlleyKat wrote:
And people wonder why the highest population lives in high-sec. I'm sure it's related to why the majority of human beings do not join the armed forces.

AK

It's related to people preferring the easy option.

Catharian Sabezan
Doomheim
#99 - 2013-01-01 21:34:50 UTC
Hannah Flex wrote:
Catharian Sabezan wrote:
Someone else mentioned the $10 fee for the Something Awful forums. I don't know if anyone in their right mind would give their real name and credit card number, ip address, email address, to a group of people who have a serious rep as scammers

Yes there is a $10 fee to join SA. This is not a new thing. SA is a large 300k+ community and the forums are ruthlessly moderated to keep out unfunny meme spouting umadbro 4chan garbage. Goons in EVE Online- that is: members of GoonWaffe are all members of SA or been 'sponsored' personally vouched for by a GoonWaffe member.

They want people (existing members of the community) who want to play EVE Online with other goons, not people who pay tenbux to join SA just to get in goons you see, these are called: J4G's (join for guild) it happens very very often which is why the tenbux is such a thing. Pay $10 and get in goons, nope sorry, those guys are also ruthlessly weeded out.

Thank you for being the only Goonswarm member/former member/ or alt, who has any balls to tell the truth, which is that both alliances do not recruit the vast majority of their pilots from the Eve population. Goonswarm and TEST alliance have every right to their own admission policy, but my objection is that the hierarchy of both organizations either condones or at best willfully ignores members of their own alliances who commit recruiting scams. I don't believe I know of ANY cases where a GS member was ever kicked out even when the cases were brought to the attention of the alliance diplomats or higher ups.
Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#100 - 2013-01-01 21:37:50 UTC
Catharian Sabezan wrote:
Hannah Flex wrote:
Catharian Sabezan wrote:

Thank you for being the only Goonswarm member/former member/ or alt, who has any balls to tell the truth, which is that both alliances do not recruit the vast majority of their pilots from the Eve population.

It's not like we keep it a secret or anything. This information has been publicly available for years now.