These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

wanting to move to nullsec...

Author
Kaylyis
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#61 - 2013-01-01 06:12:44 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Does Goonwaffe audit participation?
My corp requires everyone to have at least one active PVP toon. While you're on probation it's wise to go on as many fleets as you can, but once you become a full member they loosen up a bit. I've gone a month without joining fleets (albeit logging on almost every day) but they did start to grumble after a while.

reasonable demand. Plus it's the pvp I'm looking for. ratting and complexes are rather low priority for me.
Kaylyis
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#62 - 2013-01-01 06:18:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Kaylyis
Andski wrote:
[quote=Kaylyis]
Nobody micromanages to that extent. Some groups require you to join fleet if you're on comms or logged into EVE, some have participation guidelines and some simply do not audit participation. Beyond that, skill requirements are a thing, but their purpose is to ensure that everyone performing a certain fleet role (i.e. flying logi) can do so optimally. However, I don't know about anyone being forced to watch a gate or mine a certain ore.

That post was mostly not serious. again, it was kinda my stab at highsec perception of null alliances and corps. if I seriously believed that **** I wouldn't even be talking, I'd be raging about how CCP needs to do more to protect hisec miners, or somesuch naive thing.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#63 - 2013-01-01 06:37:47 UTC
Kaylyis wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Does Goonwaffe audit participation?
My corp requires everyone to have at least one active PVP toon. While you're on probation it's wise to go on as many fleets as you can, but once you become a full member they loosen up a bit. I've gone a month without joining fleets (albeit logging on almost every day) but they did start to grumble after a while.

reasonable demand. Plus it's the pvp I'm looking for. ratting and complexes are rather low priority for me.

Of course it's reasonable. But it's exactly that demand that a lot of highsec players complain about when nullsec players say they want more people in nullsec.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Trendon Evenstar
Olympus Gods
#64 - 2013-01-01 06:45:50 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Of course it's reasonable. But it's exactly that demand that a lot of highsec players complain about when nullsec players say they want more people in nullsec.

The biggest difference between a CFC alliance and anybody else is the lack of CTA's. A CTA is a mandatory operation- meaning, if you're online you better be in this fleet or there will be consequences. Ostensibly it works for us because we have a lot of dudes and if people feel like ratting theres still more than enough to fill up a fleet and get **** done. We have a lot of dudes because we have a chill atmosphere (no cta's) you see how it works?

But most of our coalition guys enjoy fleets big and little and ops and pvp anyways so it works great. Seriously, don't join a group that has CTA's.
Kaylyis
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#65 - 2013-01-01 06:46:33 UTC
Perhaps, when they start whingeing that you all want more people to shoot at a good rebuttal would be,

"or maybe we want more people to fleet up and help pop our enemies."

Wait, no, this is general discussion. Logic is automatically assumed to be trolling here. That and some dumbass would get angry at you when he fleeted up and couldn't figure out how to shoot a red with his mining laser.
Kaylyis
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#66 - 2013-01-01 06:51:01 UTC
Trendon Evenstar wrote:
Seriously, don't join a group that has CTA's.

Working on it. In any case I'll have two days of account lapse to consider how to go about it. But avoiding mandatory CTAs will likely be tricky I'm guessing. We shall see what comes up and who believes me when I say I stay bought till I'm fired or stop getting paid. But i have a bit of time to consider. Nullsec's not going to vanish overnight.
Marcus Caspius
#67 - 2013-01-01 08:10:04 UTC
Thomas Hurt wrote:
Definitely don't join Goonfleet; I wouldn't want to be a part of any group that made you buy friends with $10. They also engage in casual anti-semitism.

Dude! Did you not get the memo! EvE is all about anti-everything!

Btw I hate you...Evil

Grammatical error and spelling mistakes are included for your entertainment!

Sarah Schneider
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#68 - 2013-01-01 08:50:21 UTC
Kaylyis wrote:
Trendon Evenstar wrote:
Seriously, don't join a group that has CTA's.

Working on it. In any case I'll have two days of account lapse to consider how to go about it. But avoiding mandatory CTAs will likely be tricky I'm guessing. We shall see what comes up and who believes me when I say I stay bought till I'm fired or stop getting paid. But i have a bit of time to consider. Nullsec's not going to vanish overnight.

Not that tricky honestly, most alliances and corps in both CFC and HBC don't do CTAs. Heck, I'm pretty sure if you broadcast for a CTA here you'd probably gonna get trolled to hell. Also fyi, I don't even have a reddit account Cool

"I'd rather have other players get shot by other players than not interacting with others" -CCP Soundwave

Proletariat Tingtango
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#69 - 2013-01-01 09:09:47 UTC
PonyWaffe
Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#70 - 2013-01-01 09:22:18 UTC
'ponywaffe' is inspired by goonwaffe and goons i take it?
Catharian Sabezan
Doomheim
#71 - 2013-01-01 09:26:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Catharian Sabezan
First of all, I would avoid any recruiters from Goonswarm or Test alliance please ignore. Both have many "recruiters" who routinely run recruiting scams with the explicit approval of their upper hierarchy. These guys are all over the recruiting forum and recruiting chat and watch it like a hawk.

Almost everyone who contacts you from either of those alliance is a scammer who will either eventually charge you alot of money to join, often half of your account, or will offer to "transport" your ships and stuff to nullsec, often either just before they say they will admit you, and then will run off with all your stuff.

Its pretty sad that 2 major alliances dont care about their rep, and continue to do this, but Goonswarm recruits most of their players from the "Something Awful " forums, and TEST Alliance recruits most of their players from Reddit, a player created news forum, so they don't recruit from the Eve Online population. Even the subsidiary corps in these alliances run these scams, and you just can't trust any of them.
Proletariat Tingtango
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#72 - 2013-01-01 09:32:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Proletariat Tingtango
Catharian Sabezan wrote:
First of all, I would avoid any recruiters from Goonswarm or Test alliance please ignore. Both have many "recruiters" who routinely run recruiting scams with the explicit approval of their upper hierarchy. These guys are all over the recruiting forum and recruiting chat and watch it like a hawk.

Almost everyone who contacts you from either of those alliance is a scammer who will either eventually charge you alot of money to join, often half of your account, or will offer to "transport" your ships and stuff to nullsec, often either just before they say they will admit you, and then will run off with all your stuff.

Its pretty sad that 2 major alliances dont care about their rep, and continue to do this, but Goonswarm recruits most of their players from the "Something Awful " forums, and TEST Alliance recruits most of their players from Reddit, a player created news forum, so they don't recruit from the Eve Online population. Even the subsidiary corps in these alliances run these scams, and you just can't trust any of them.

Please message me privately with the names any such individuals and they will be dealt with immediately.

Goonwaffe does not condone scamming.
Catharian Sabezan
Doomheim
#73 - 2013-01-01 09:44:03 UTC
Proletariat Tingtango wrote:
Catharian Sabezan wrote:

Please message me privately with the names any such individuals and they will be dealt with immediately.

Goonwaffe does not condone scamming.

Oh really? Thats BS. One needs only to google "goonswarm recruitment scam" and look how many hits you get.
terzho
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#74 - 2013-01-01 10:15:37 UTC
I don't know about other alliances, but CTA's in RA for the most part aren't that bad or anything. I mean why are you moving to nullsec if you don't want to fight in fleet battles? Also there aren't really any consequences to not joining them if you don't want to.
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#75 - 2013-01-01 10:15:56 UTC
Catharian Sabezan wrote:
Oh really? Thats BS. One needs only to google "goonswarm recruitment scam" and look how many hits you get.

Who are they going to believe, a classy Goonswarm director like myself or an NPC alt poster like you?

Scamming is not condoned within Goonswarm Federation, any members who engage in such behavior are liable to expulsion.

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#76 - 2013-01-01 10:17:52 UTC
But seriously I find it hilarious that you think you're the only one who knows about Goonswarm recruitment scams and the fact that Dreddit and GoonWaffe source their members from external communities because this is totally not common knowledge amongst EVE players

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Kaylyis
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#77 - 2013-01-01 11:05:10 UTC
wow. apparently everyone thinks I intend to apply to the goonwaffe or something.

Yes let me get right on hunting for those recruiters for the goons with my API and a fistful of cash at the ready. Roll

Andski I need my Born Yesterday T-Shirt back. it looks better on me, apparently.
Frying Doom
#78 - 2013-01-01 11:05:32 UTC
Kaylyis wrote:
Perhaps, when they start whingeing that you all want more people to shoot at a good rebuttal would be,

"or maybe we want more people to fleet up and help pop our enemies."

Wait, no, this is general discussion. Logic is automatically assumed to be trolling here. That and some dumbass would get angry at you when he fleeted up and couldn't figure out how to shoot a red with his mining laser.

Better than the guys who cant figure out why they cant mine a rock with a gun.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#79 - 2013-01-01 11:06:59 UTC
Kaylyis wrote:
wow. apparently everyone thinks I intend to apply to the goonwaffe or something.

Yes let me get right on hunting for those recruiters for the goons with my API and a fistful of cash at the ready. Roll

Andski I need my Born Yesterday T-Shirt back. it looks better on me, apparently.

This thread is no longer about you.

Kaylyis
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#80 - 2013-01-01 11:17:24 UTC
Andski wrote:
Kaylyis wrote:

This thread is no longer about you.

Damn, threadjacked.

Oh well, I'll be over here with the popcorn watching the vitriol while you all argue over whether or not the goons are a buncha lyin' cheatin' scammers.

I demand killmails over this argument.