These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

Heavy Assault Legion

Author
Angry Onions
Fast Eddy's X-ploding Diner
#1 - 2011-10-24 04:02:58 UTC
I've been tinkering around with a Legion fit, and I've found that a HAM fitted Legion with a passive armor tank and MWD would be lethal as hell, but I would like to see other's opinion about this (preferably from people who fly Missile Amarr boats).
What I have down in theory would be devastating, is it still devastating in practice or just a silly idea?

S H I T P O S T I N G

Goose99
#2 - 2011-10-24 04:08:55 UTC
Angry Onions wrote:
I've been tinkering around with a Legion fit, and I've found that a HAM fitted Legion with a passive armor tank and MWD would be lethal as hell, but I would like to see other's opinion about this (preferably from people who fly Missile Amarr boats).
What I have down in theory would be devastating, is it still devastating in practice or just a silly idea?


People will tell you it sucks because they don't like ham boats to begin with. Ganky and bricky, Legion is as good as a ham boat gets. Tengu is a bit too squishy for ham, so Legion is really the only t3 ham boat worth using.
Angry Onions
Fast Eddy's X-ploding Diner
#3 - 2011-10-24 05:39:53 UTC
Thats what got me interested in the HAM Legion, is that it will throw up a hella tank while still putting out good dps and being cap stable with MWD so what should happen is a ship that has the armor tank from hell, can hold a 20KM orbit at a speed of 1105 m/s, keep them warp jammed and pound them with missiles. Now should I have two warp jammers or two target painters? I'm leaning towards two target painters.

S H I T P O S T I N G

Khors
Doomheim
#4 - 2011-10-24 05:54:20 UTC
More like 15 km orbit.
1100m/s is not very fast for a cruiser to be honest, and the main issue with the legion here is that you might as well use a drake, which would be 100ms slower, probably more dps and still good buffer going for it.
Wylee Coyote
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2011-10-24 05:59:09 UTC
Angry Onions wrote:
Thats what got me interested in the HAM Legion, is that it will throw up a hella tank while still putting out good dps and being cap stable with MWD so what should happen is a ship that has the armor tank from hell, can hold a 20KM orbit at a speed of 1105 m/s, keep them warp jammed and pound them with missiles. Now should I have two warp jammers or two target painters? I'm leaning towards two target painters.


Two warp disruptors are pointless as only warp scramblers can shut down MWDs, unless you plan on fighting many WCS fitted ships. Get a web or two since you have no drones for anti-frigate duty, as they'll laugh at your HAMs.
Angry Onions
Fast Eddy's X-ploding Diner
#6 - 2011-10-24 06:00:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Angry Onions
Yes, I know that 1100 m/s isnt terribly fast for a cruiser sized ship, but I do think that being able to sustain that speed is a definite plus side to it. Also, why do you say 15km? If I rig it with a rocket fuel cache, that extends the range out to 23 KM, shouldn't orbiting at 20 suffice? Would 18KM suffice?

EDIT: Wylee you make a good point on having a webber on there. But would 2 target painters increase their sig radius rather drastically? I'm not the most knowledgeable when it comes to how missiles work.

S H I T P O S T I N G

Wylee Coyote
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#7 - 2011-10-24 06:11:55 UTC
Angry Onions wrote:
Yes, I know that 1100 m/s isnt terribly fast for a cruiser sized ship, but I do think that being able to sustain that speed is a definite plus side to it. Also, why do you say 15km? If I rig it with a rocket fuel cache, that extends the range out to 23 KM, shouldn't orbiting at 20 suffice? Would 18KM suffice?

EDIT: Wylee you make a good point on having a webber on there. But would 2 target painters increase their sig radius rather drastically? I'm not the most knowledgeable when it comes to how missiles work.


The missile's explosion velocity versus even a sig blown MWD using frig will be pitifull at best, if it damages the fig at all, webs are the best DPS increasing electronic warfare module there is versus them.
Angry Onions
Fast Eddy's X-ploding Diner
#8 - 2011-10-24 06:16:04 UTC
Aiighty gotcha on this :) so 1x MWD, 1x TP, and standard tackle fit for frig defense.

S H I T P O S T I N G

Wylee Coyote
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#9 - 2011-10-24 07:02:50 UTC
Angry Onions wrote:
Aiighty gotcha on this :) so 1x MWD, 1x TP, and standard tackle fit for frig defense.


MWD, 2 webs and a point IMO, but feel free to play around and find out what works best for you.
Ruah Piskonit
PIE Inc.
Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris
#10 - 2011-10-24 07:06:42 UTC
the t3 HAM legion is really the best legion out there - so you pass.
Gypsio III
Questionable Ethics.
Ministry of Inappropriate Footwork
#11 - 2011-10-24 07:59:53 UTC
Angry Onions wrote:
Aiighty gotcha on this :) so 1x MWD, 1x TP, and standard tackle fit for frig defense.


No, use a web. A 60% web will have the effect of a 150% painter against a frigate.
Celin Karr
The Executives
Executive Outcomes
#12 - 2011-10-24 09:11:32 UTC
I would advice against using a mwd, Get a 100mn AB instead, if you do that you can laugh at scrams and you wont have that increased sig radius from a mwd to deal with.


1-Up Mushroom
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#13 - 2011-10-24 12:29:49 UTC
A little something like this? Swap mids to liking..

[Legion, :)]
1600mm Reinforced Rolled Tungsten Plates I
True Sansha Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
True Sansha Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System

LiF Fueled I Booster Rockets
Warp Disruptor II
Stasis Webifier II
Stasis Webifier II

Heavy Assault Missile Launcher II, Caldari Navy Terror Assault Missile
Heavy Assault Missile Launcher II, Caldari Navy Terror Assault Missile
Heavy Assault Missile Launcher II, Caldari Navy Terror Assault Missile
Heavy Assault Missile Launcher II, Caldari Navy Terror Assault Missile
Heavy Assault Missile Launcher II, Caldari Navy Terror Assault Missile
Heavy Assault Missile Launcher II, Caldari Navy Terror Assault Missile

Medium Trimark Armor Pump II
Medium Trimark Armor Pump II
Medium Trimark Armor Pump II

Legion Defensive - Augmented Plating
Legion Electronics - Tactical Targeting Network
Legion Engineering - Power Core Multiplier
Legion Offensive - Assault Optimization
Legion Propulsion - Fuel Catalyst

5 Senses In A Person... 4 Seasons In A Year... 3 Colors In A Stoplight... 2 Poles On The Earth... ONLY 1-UP MUSHROOM!!!  If You Like My Sig, Like Me!   Remember EVE is EVErything!
Dorian Wylde
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#14 - 2011-10-24 13:04:24 UTC
No such thing as a passive armor tank.

Yes, I know you mean buffer. No, passive and buffer are not interchangable.

This has been a public service announcment from the "Get your goddamn terminology right" Branch of the Imperial Academy.


Sidenote: can't speak for a HAM legion, but a laser one is a great ship. I use it in incursions, double webs + conflag ammo = dead space zombies
Tora Oni
Legendary Sidekicks in Space
#15 - 2011-10-24 13:09:59 UTC
Celin Karr wrote:
I would advice against using a mwd, Get a 100mn AB instead, if you do that you can laugh at scrams and you wont have that increased sig radius from a mwd to deal with.

Thats exactly what I do. The 100Mn AB is great to GTFO if needed and does enough dps with those hams.
Angry Onions
Fast Eddy's X-ploding Diner
#16 - 2011-10-24 16:59:48 UTC
Thanks everyone for the different ideas on how to fit it, gonna have to tinker around with it, I'm looking forward to flying it though :)

S H I T P O S T I N G

Potato IQ
Doomheim
#17 - 2011-10-25 08:24:59 UTC
So I take it using Legion Offensive - Assault Optimization means you can’t run a HAM cov-ops configuration on the Legion?
Wacktopia
Noir.
The Network.
#18 - 2011-10-25 08:31:53 UTC
The 100MN AB is a good call. I'd fly it like an AHAC if I were you... keep your sig down and orbit your way out of incoming damage.

Kitchen sink? Seriousy, get your ship together -  Fleet-Up.com

Mfume Apocal
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#19 - 2011-10-25 09:09:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Mfume Apocal
Wacktopia wrote:
The 100MN AB is a good call. I'd fly it like an AHAC if I were you... keep your sig down and orbit your way out of incoming damage.


Orbiting in a 100MN T3 is like trying to lose weight by eating more ice cream.
Angry Onions
Fast Eddy's X-ploding Diner
#20 - 2011-10-25 16:20:55 UTC
Potato IQ, that is right, wouldnt be able to do a cloaky HAM legion... would need a tengu for that lol
I've been kinda split on 100MN ab or 10MN MWD, each have pros / cons.

100MN AB

Pros: Faster than the MWD and lower sig radius
Cons: Not cap stable and can turn about good as a freighter can

10MN MWD
Pros: Cap stable and quicker align time / turns reasonably
Cons: Big ass sig radius and slower.

Feel free to toss in other pros/cons I haven't thought of :)

S H I T P O S T I N G

12Next page