These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Transporting Ventures in Rorquals' Indie Bay

First post First post
Author
J4bb3rw0k
Last Rites.
Villore Accords
#1 - 2012-12-30 00:15:01 UTC
Why isn't this possible?

Venture is an industrial ship after all, it should be able to be put in the rorqual's ship bay.

That is all.
Il Feytid
State War Academy
Caldari State
#2 - 2012-12-30 00:18:43 UTC
I'm sure this is not intentional or a bug. Did you file a bug report?
J4bb3rw0k
Last Rites.
Villore Accords
#3 - 2012-12-30 00:27:36 UTC
Marlona Sky wrote:

GM Nythanos told me to post to the forums because they did not/would not speak to the developers themselves and this was the best way for me to reach them.
Wilhelm Riley
Doomheim
#4 - 2012-12-30 00:43:09 UTC
Either it's a bug or an oversight, there's no reason they shouldn't go in there.

Did you assemble the Venture first?
J4bb3rw0k
Last Rites.
Villore Accords
#5 - 2012-12-30 00:44:51 UTC
Wilhelm Riley wrote:
Either it's a bug or an oversight, there's no reason they shouldn't go in there.

Did you assemble the Venture first?

This is about my thought. Yea, I've done it all right.
Iosue
Black Sky Hipsters
#6 - 2012-12-30 00:50:03 UTC
+1 for dev response or fix, pls. ;)
NosceTeIpsum
Intersolar Dynamics
#7 - 2012-12-30 01:02:20 UTC
What he is getting at is its an ORE ship with the sole purpose of mining or gas harvesting. Yet you can't store it within a Rorqual fitted like you can Barges or Exhumers.
That makes little sense considering is purpose in space.

So why can't it? Is it because its a frigate or was it an oversight on the Devs part?
Rengerel en Distel
#8 - 2012-12-30 01:15:21 UTC
J4bb3rw0k wrote:
Marlona Sky wrote:

GM Nythanos told me to post to the forums because they did not/would not speak to the developers themselves and this was the best way for me to reach them.

That sounds like a petition, not a bug report.

With the increase in shiptoasting, the Report timer needs to be shortened.

Shepard Wong Ogeko
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2012-12-30 01:30:03 UTC
I asked about this in F&I weeks ago, and so have others. Filed a bug report too.

Just check, and I submitted the bug on December 5, and still nothing.
Mire Stoude
S0utherN Comfort
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#10 - 2012-12-30 03:16:38 UTC
The only reason I can think of is because the venture can be turned into a somewhat decent interceptor. However, I'm going to assume it's a bug as it doesn't make much sense for a rorq not to be able to transport them.
ISD Suvetar
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#11 - 2012-12-30 17:11:15 UTC
Hi,

Sorry for the conflicting information here.

I've spoken to a member of the ECAID team (the bug hunters) and apparently CCP are investigating this at the moment.

Obviously, I don't know what or if anything will change, but they are looking at it.

I shouldn't expect to see anything very soon though, people are still on holiday.

[b]ISD Suvetar Captain/Commando Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs) Interstellar Services Department[/b]

CCP Explorer
C C P
C C P Alliance
#12 - 2012-12-30 18:26:30 UTC
This is currently in the hands of the game designers and they are aware of the matter. "Specialized Industrial Ships Hold" and the Rorqual allow the following groups: Mining Barge, Exhumer, Industrial, Transport Ship; but the Venture is in the Frigate group.

Erlendur S. Thorsteinsson | Senior Development Director | EVE Online // CCP Games | @CCP_Explorer

Skydell
Bad Girl Posse
Somethin Awfull Forums
#13 - 2012-12-30 18:42:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Skydell
Edit- NM, I was just plain wrong.
J4bb3rw0k
Last Rites.
Villore Accords
#14 - 2012-12-30 19:00:25 UTC
CCP Explorer wrote:
This is currently in the hands of the game designers and they are aware of the matter. "Specialized Industrial Ships Hold" and the Rorqual allow the following groups: Mining Barge, Exhumer, Industrial, Transport Ship; but the Venture is in the Frigate group.

Thank you for the response! I look forward to hearing the outcome of the investigation.
ISD Suvetar
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#15 - 2012-12-31 19:05:38 UTC
Hi,

A number of posts were removed from this thread as they were misleading, trolling or replies to such posts.

If your post has been removed and you're concerned about it, the correct course of action is to petition, not repost the same thing.

Have a very happy new year!

[b]ISD Suvetar Captain/Commando Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs) Interstellar Services Department[/b]

Emma Royd
Maddled Gommerils
#16 - 2012-12-31 19:39:33 UTC
I'm disappointed that CCP feel this way, and personally feel that the comments I made weren't offensive, didn't troll, just made comment on the posts that were by the original ISD about the matter which had also being commented on.

It's a sad day when you can't post a comment without first thinking "hmm, are they going to like this" before you press the post button. Sad

Shame, I was just getting back to enjoying eve a bit before the overly heavy foot of moderation stomped down.

A petition is in regarding the matter, which shouldn't be necessary as if common sense and a little humour was used, there would have been no need to delete the post, maybe "Thou Shall Not Criticise" should be added to the list of commandments we are expected to obey.

I don't really expect this post to last long, but meh.
Eight Two
SWIFT Inc.
#17 - 2012-12-31 20:00:57 UTC
Emma Royd wrote:
I'm disappointed that CCP feel this way, and personally feel that the comments I made weren't offensive, didn't troll, just made comment on the posts that were by the original ISD about the matter which had also being commented on.

It's a sad day when you can't post a comment without first thinking "hmm, are they going to like this" before you press the post button. Sad

Shame, I was just getting back to enjoying eve a bit before the overly heavy foot of moderation stomped down.

A petition is in regarding the matter, which shouldn't be necessary as if common sense and a little humour was used, there would have been no need to delete the post, maybe "Thou Shall Not Criticise" should be added to the list of commandments we are expected to obey.

I don't really expect this post to last long, but meh.

Do like everyone else. It's called the Gewn-Gambit: When in doubt, post.