These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

AI changes are too extrme

Author
Bda Love
State War Academy
Caldari State
#1 - 2012-12-25 13:14:10 UTC
come on CCP!!

as soon as i launch my drones they get attacked.

they dont even make the 5k m before they die

ffs
Flurk Hellbron
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#2 - 2012-12-25 16:15:19 UTC
I believe this is the number 95864784124 post going about AI is finally good.
Makre
Heodener
#3 - 2012-12-25 16:34:58 UTC
Flurk Hellbron wrote:

/ I use a turret boat

There translated
Moonasha
Orcses and Goblinz
#4 - 2012-12-25 21:07:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Moonasha
I haven't found it to be that bad, it just requires a little bit of micro. Pull a drone in when his shields get shot. Repeat. Shoot frigs as they approach. It makes missions a little more fun.
Mina Sebiestar
Minmatar Inner Space Conglomerate
#5 - 2012-12-25 21:35:41 UTC
Sentry drones.

You choke behind a smile a fake behind the fear

Because >>I is too hard

Robertina Bering
Doomheim
#6 - 2012-12-25 22:19:16 UTC
Moonasha wrote:
I haven't found it to be that bad, it just requires a little bit of micro. Pull a drone in when his shields get shot. Repeat. Shoot frigs as they approach. It makes missions a little more fun.

Especially when you're land (after jump) right on scrambling frigs knees and all your drones instapopped after lauch :)
Sgt LoveDragon
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2012-12-26 07:05:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Sgt LoveDragon
Moonasha wrote:
e

This doesn't work in a L5 unless your finger is on the button for recall. Lets hope the drone isnt webbed. And your turret ship isnt td'd down to 6km range. Or sensor damped to 20-30km Sentries die pretty damn fast too. Not to mention they don't exactly kill scram elite frigates very quickly.
bufnitza calatoare
#8 - 2012-12-26 11:38:38 UTC
Bda Love wrote:
come on CCP!!

ffs

too soon 1/10
Dheeradj Nurgle
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#9 - 2012-12-26 12:03:02 UTC
How about learning to play with your drones. Learn to micro,
bufnitza calatoare
#10 - 2012-12-28 19:26:04 UTC
Dheeradj Nurgle wrote:

while that's all fine and dandy

I did a angel 8/10 before down time none of my drones got agro till the last room

I launch they get insta popped by the elite frigs..
I just swapped out for a racial smart bomb. took care of the drone hating npc frigs and after they was gone. drones took care of everything else. :)

adaption ftw \o/
Warcalibre
NovaTech Holdings
#11 - 2012-12-28 21:46:42 UTC
Dheeradj Nurgle wrote:

Demo of new drone micro reqs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbpCLqryN-Q
Paskis Robinson
Black Eagles.
#12 - 2012-12-28 23:39:55 UTC
Warcalibre wrote:
Dheeradj Nurgle wrote:

Demo of new drone micro reqs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbpCLqryN-Q

LOL yeah. Micromanaging drones doesn't work when they are 30km away and need to be recalled to dock to drop aggro. Fundamentally the new AI ought to be an improvement, it should have made PvE more interesting, rather than the absolutely predictable "I have all the aggro" old AI. Sadly it's failed, it's just as predictable, but in a more annoying way that is beating the snot out of solo PvE play.

CCP usually tunes and fixes this stuff. Sadly sometimes it takes them 2 years. (faction warfare!.. ECM.. black ops.. oh wait, they're still crap)
Ginger Barbarella
#13 - 2012-12-28 23:49:08 UTC
Bda Love wrote:
come on CCP!!

ffs

lrn2eve

"Blow it all on Quafe and strippers." --- Sorlac

Rain6637
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#14 - 2012-12-29 02:22:40 UTC
adaption?

billy, mom and dad won't tell you this, but... you're adapted
Barrogh Habalu
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#15 - 2012-12-29 05:02:19 UTC
Makre wrote:
Flurk Hellbron wrote:

/ I use a missile boat

There translated

FTFY because TDs.

That said, I don't have much experience with high-level complexes where this becomes an issue. Did someone try MJD with a sniping setup (be it with guns, sentries or whatever else) there? That works for missions but ofc they are nothing like hard plexes...
Paskis Robinson
Black Eagles.
#16 - 2012-12-29 06:18:00 UTC
Rain6637 wrote:
adaption?

billy, mom and dad won't tell you this, but... you're adapted

Make a suggestion as to how, please. Everyone here would LOVE to adapt (you're not seeing 'wahhh I quit') it's just that the options for dealing with the AI change mostly make for uninteresting play.
Chicken Pizza
One-man Armada
#17 - 2012-12-29 06:36:06 UTC
Moonasha wrote:

Not all rats use the AI in the same way. Mission NPCs are very easy to handle in this fashion. Belt rats, however, instalock your lights and pop one before the server even has time to process a drone recall. Go try to kill a couple of guardian frigates with Hobgoblin II's and you'll see what I mean.
vasuul
BLUE M00N Fetish Group
#18 - 2013-01-04 10:55:59 UTC  |  Edited by: vasuul
i saw that video on micro

if by micro you mean squint my eyes and talk another language and beat my keyboard like a spastic epileptic to play a game i will pass

and anyone that says this new AI doesn't kill drones in missions has obviously not flown a mission since the changes
or at least not a level 4

i left with 12 Valkyrie T2 i came home with 5 and they were so shot to hell i had to repair them too , all my drones have to do is kill frigs i always kill everything else before releasing them and i have all drone skills to 5

i have tried a few ewar drones in the mix and they don't help i launch and recall and still they die
i am not a noob either i been playing since 2007 So don't even go there

point being this drone aggro is crap i don't see a pure drone boat being of any use ever in missions with these changes much less a a well tanked battle ship with auto cannons

as for posting this hoping for a response from CCP yeah good luck with that the devs have not said a word on this since before Christmas and i doubt that will change anytime soon what with the Fan fest planning ETC

every post has fallen on deaf ears and this one will be no different

as for those that say it makes missions more fun lets see how fun it is when all your drones die and you are webbed and scrammed and jammed with no way out , sure you may can tank it but you are stuck hoping someone will be nice enough to come help you out of the jam you got yourself in , When that day comes the salty tears from you will be like sweet nectar

Honestly i hope CCP does reply to this post ,but i think you have a better chance of winning the lottery
Scien Inkunen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#19 - 2013-01-04 20:25:10 UTC
Do not deploy drones until you get full aggro (solid red bleep crosses) and they wont be killed.

Read the "Fart file" and you will understand the meaning of life !

Sasha Vykos
Orphans of Perdition
#20 - 2013-01-04 20:55:58 UTC
Yeah this is the Ba-gil-ianth time this has been posted (yes that is a real number).

I still fly my Rattlesnake doing level 4's (noob i know but i can watch cartoons at the same time)

I haven't lost a single drone since day one of the new patch when the new AI caught me off guard, since then i've used a TP and even a micro jump drive to solve my pesky frig probs,

Wooooomp jump 100 km and blow those little buggers up with sentries...

People that say adapt ... well it maybe patronising, but its True...

As for complexes I haven't left my corner of the universe for a while to see how they're affected so I'll not comment on those. ..
12Next page