These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Im sick from waiting 24h for change clone.

First post
Author
Morrigan LeSante
Perkone
Caldari State
#41 - 2012-12-28 21:54:32 UTC
Sergeant Acht Scultz wrote:
Morrigan LeSante wrote:
If the timer is ticking, you've already jumped. So why are you jumping about SO much?

Or is 24 hours in a lower grade of implant clone REALLY such a big deal?

You have to see the problem from another perspective. Your mates are going out for roaming, maybe at war and need you so what are you going to do?

Avoid stupid conflicts because of stupid people and you don't log in, or will you simply not be there to help your friends and stay dock?
Because it's pretty obvious it's so much fun mission and ratting for hours just to pay the pod+ship without fit, let's forget the implants price.
Unless you're a Nexon fan and actually play the game with plex on top of your sub price and don't bother for another plex or two, after all it's your choice but you should also be aware there are other people playing this game and might think differently.
The sun will not stop shining if you stop breathing, even if you think or someone told you it will Blink

You're putting isk before helping friends? Really?

You fly together, you die together.

/fin.
Sergeant Acht Scultz
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#42 - 2012-12-28 22:07:23 UTC
Morrigan LeSante wrote:
Sergeant Acht Scultz wrote:
Morrigan LeSante wrote:
If the timer is ticking, you've already jumped. So why are you jumping about SO much?

Or is 24 hours in a lower grade of implant clone REALLY such a big deal?

You have to see the problem from another perspective. Your mates are going out for roaming, maybe at war and need you so what are you going to do?

Avoid stupid conflicts because of stupid people and you don't log in, or will you simply not be there to help your friends and stay dock?
Because it's pretty obvious it's so much fun mission and ratting for hours just to pay the pod+ship without fit, let's forget the implants price.
Unless you're a Nexon fan and actually play the game with plex on top of your sub price and don't bother for another plex or two, after all it's your choice but you should also be aware there are other people playing this game and might think differently.
The sun will not stop shining if you stop breathing, even if you think or someone told you it will Blink

You're putting isk before helping friends? Really?

/fin.

No, I'm putting my game experience and time I can afford to spend on it before the time required to cover eventual loss because of a stupid timer that has no sense. And if by friends you mean real friends, well actually my friends don't even understand why I spend time playing this game in the first place, nor do I actually when I read this kind of thread. Lol

For me Eve is a game not a way of living or my reason of living, it's fun killing ships it's fun loosing ships it's not fun waiting a stupid timer.
I can understand some people find it awesome and see no problem spending or wasting more time playing Eve than for everything else RL it's their choice but I don't share it at all, if someone doesn't have other interesting things to do in life than wait for a timer all I have to say is that sucks for them.
For me gaming means fun, waiting 24h for a jump clone for me it's not fun and just prevents me from login and be able to go in fleet with my mates because I have the wrong clone. End of story.

removed inappropriate ASCII art signature - CCP Eterne

Marlona Sky
State War Academy
Caldari State
#43 - 2012-12-28 22:31:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Il Feytid
The biggest issues facing lowering the timer is power projection and raising the bar of being competitive with skill training speed. Power projection is already out of control and we really don't need another standard of everyone cloning to a full +5s every time they go to log off and cloning away to combat clones when they log in.

There is however another solution...
Sergeant Acht Scultz
Caldari State
#44 - 2012-12-28 22:45:29 UTC
Marlona Sky wrote:
The biggest issues facing lowering the timer is power projection and raising the bar of being competitive with skill training speed. Power projection is already out of control and we really don't need another standard of everyone cloning to a full +5s every time they go to log off and cloning away to combat clones when they log in.

There is however another solution...

That's what we're already able to do, except instead of login and go to fleet with your friends and do "stuff" you have to wait the day after thus training even more time in the +5's clone and -time playing/presence.

Don't get me wrong, I'm used to it as I'm used to play with clones without implants for a couple days when I can afford to. It's just another "thing" accumulating with other "things" that make this game so terrible when it has a very strong potential but wasted with so many bad ideas.
It's even more terrible when you have a job, a family, and actually pay for this game to have fun the little time you can afford to spend on it. The whatever reason why you might at some point get stuck with JC timer it's not important, what's important is if this prevents you from log in and play or not, in my case and many others I'm sure it does.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#45 - 2012-12-28 23:03:10 UTC
Yes, it really should be reduced to 23h or 23h55m or so to make an actual once-a-day thing rather than the once-a-day-and-a-bit fencepost error it currently represents.
Morrigan LeSante
Perkone
Caldari State
#46 - 2012-12-28 23:37:33 UTC
If you measure fun by isk/losses thereof, you're doing it wrong.

As I said,

Morrigan LeSante wrote:

/fin.

For me, that is the end of the debate. Either your people are worth it, or they are not. Or you are not worthy of your people. Pick one.

No disrespect meant, but you sound like someone who never lost anything.

It. Is. Only. Isk.
Sergeant Acht Scultz
Caldari State
#47 - 2012-12-29 00:16:33 UTC
Morrigan LeSante wrote:
If you measure fun by isk/losses thereof, you're doing it wrong.

As I said,

Morrigan LeSante wrote:

/fin.

For me, that is the end of the debate. Either your people are worth it, or they are not. Or you are not worthy of your people. Pick one.

No disrespect meant, but you sound like someone who never lost anything.

It. Is. Only. Isk.

Lost billions and killed many more billions, the problem is not there and neither in the fact if the people you're flying with are worthy or not, don't mix everything.
The question is, does this timer prevents from pvp or doesn't?

Let's say you're on and you have nothing to do in your null station up to 21h but to kill rats in belts or move to your implanted clone to get those lp's you need for whatever reason, why not implants for instance?
Day after you manage to log in again, this time and for whatever reason around 19h and then "bling" ping for fleet but you're in your slaved/crystal whatever set clone !
Don't tell me you think it's reasonable or bash me whatever unbrained patriotic/internet feeling, you are going to happily spend time travel 20 jumps in null through enemy or even your own space with roaming gangs, jump in to your dictor your drake or whatever ship like if you were proving or doing something honorable or whatever e-feeling you're trying to state?
Of course the time you've done those 20 jumps your fleet is maybe already 50 other away...

It's a matter of good sense, not a matter of e-honour or whatever e-feeling, this timer prevents many people from login and pvp for sure and it's bad and needs to be fixed.

Ines Tegator
Serious Business Inc. Ltd. LLC. etc.
#48 - 2012-12-29 00:20:09 UTC
Supporting the 12 hour timer.

The problem with 24 is that it pays no heed to a pilots play session. Let's say halfway through your session (1 or 2 hours in, 1 or 2 hours left, etc) you get invited to some spectacular pvp stuff. You'd love to go, but it's on the other side of the universe/you have expensive implants/whatever. So you have to use a jump clone. Doing this, you know that when you log in tomorrow, you will be stuck on the other side of the universe/with the wrong implants/whatever for a couple hours. Most people have routines that are roughly similar each day, so it's fair to assume they will start playing before their clone timer is up.

A 12 hour timer limits you to one jump per session, but guaruntees you can jump back for your preferred activity whenever it is you log on the next day. Without this, people are more likely to turn down that pvp call, or more likely to not log in the next day. This is a pretty common sense change. 16 hours would also work.
Tarvos Telesto
Blood Fanatics
#49 - 2012-12-29 01:16:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Tarvos Telesto
I notice some of you are against this idea, but its ok, every of you got personal view and right to post personal opinion , meny of you dont care about this timer lenght, meny of you easy adapt to existed 24h timer, for some of you no big role of this, so what you say about 48h ? even better? would you finaly mention or care about this aspect if CCP boost jump clone sesion from 24 to 48h? how about one week long ? still no difirence ? Come on...

EvE isn't game, its style of living.

Sigras
Conglomo
#50 - 2012-12-29 01:48:34 UTC
what if there was a 10 hour timer to change clones in the same station but the timer got increased to 36 hours if you want to move into a different station?

This would still give you decisions to make as generally in one play session you'll be choosing the clone you want for that session, but it will actually reduce the force projection issue currently caused by jump clones.

I guess im asking, do you really care about your implants? or are you just trying to just that as a veil to hide the fact that you want unlimited instant movement?
Tarvos Telesto
Blood Fanatics
#51 - 2012-12-29 01:59:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Tarvos Telesto
Sigras wrote:
what if there was a 10 hour timer to change clones in the same station but the timer got increased to 36 hours if you want to move into a different station?

This would still give you decisions to make as generally in one play session you'll be choosing the clone you want for that session, but it will actually reduce the force projection issue currently caused by jump clones.

I guess im asking, do you really care about your implants? or are you just trying to just that as a veil to hide the fact that you want unlimited instant movement?

Yes i care about my old full set of + 5 and rare cosmos implants instaled on this jump clone, to be honest this jc is very old, but still valuabe and somtime i got big benefit form it, also i want more freedom in game, and change them faster just because they useless while i want enjoy other game features.

EvE isn't game, its style of living.

Omnathious Deninard
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#52 - 2012-12-29 02:13:53 UTC
A random thought
What about being able to select what clone you start from after DT, then could still jump to a clone once per day.

If you don't follow the rules, neither will I.

Ines Tegator
#53 - 2012-12-29 03:23:31 UTC
Alts and titan bridges are the bigger problem with force projection. It's only us average players that are limited by the timer. This change would just make it that much easier to convince people like us to go take risks.
Omnathious Deninard
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#54 - 2012-12-29 03:36:54 UTC
Ines Tegator wrote:
Alts and titan bridges are the bigger problem with force projection. It's only us average players that are limited by the timer. This change would just make it that much easier to convince people like us to go take risks.

Players who want to avoid risks will allways find an excuse to avoid risks.

If you don't follow the rules, neither will I.

Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#55 - 2012-12-29 06:14:36 UTC
Or we could just get rid of +1-5 Implants, that really are Learning Skills MK II.
And make implants all about helping you in combat/industry/mining/exploration.
And unconnected from the skill training times.

Then people won't be worried about lost training time from getting podded, which is the biggest impact of getting podded in Eve, is that lost training time if you can't afford to buy new +5's for your current training.
Ines Tegator
#56 - 2012-12-29 07:08:14 UTC
Omnathious Deninard wrote:

Players who want to avoid risks will allways find an excuse to avoid risks.

An excuse such as... using a jump clone to protect our implants? Yeah.
Dave stark
#57 - 2012-12-29 07:36:40 UTC
masternerdguy wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:

Well then that's my prerogative. It does not make it 'stupid'. Certainly no stupider than anything else done in this game.

EDIT: oh, and a 2% gain over the lesser implant is hardly 'bada**'. Perhaps you have a language useage and vocabulary issue.

Price is not a factor in balance.

yes it is.

see the mining barge changes.
Seranova Farreach
Biomass Negative
#58 - 2012-12-29 07:58:30 UTC
simple thing... allow a second and third skill... 2nd skill for MORE jump clones (max of 10+default one )
then the 3rd skill to LOWER the TIME you have to wait to jump clone again.. and maybe a 4th to lower the time further..

[u]___________________ http://i.imgur.com/d9Ee2ik.jpg[/u]

Gypsio III
Questionable Ethics.
Ministry of Inappropriate Footwork
#59 - 2012-12-29 12:11:51 UTC
Remove jump clones.
Remove the ability to remotely set your med clone to a new station.
Remove learning implants.
Remove jump bridges.
Remove jump drives - let caps use gates but with a mass-related time delay between each cap jump.
Make 0.0 industry possible.

There, that should have pissed off just about everyone in this thread. Big smile
Vaju Enki
Secular Wisdom
#60 - 2012-12-29 13:02:04 UTC
They should change it to 72h, and make it cost 400m isk.

The Tears Must Flow