These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Missing Link: Industrial - ???? - Freighter

Author
ZombieFX
Umbrella Chemical Inc.
#1 - 2012-12-27 00:20:58 UTC  |  Edited by: ZombieFX
There should be a nother freighter class for regular players.

- Well u fly industrial and get around 40k m³
- ?????????????????????????????????
- Than the next step is a freighter with 900k m³

The orca is a totaly different skill line... (and to small)
(and dont get startet with jump freighters - same problem + way more expensiv!)

CCP i think u have to change this finaly and fill the gap, since u fixed the mining system.

Something u can build with just a bpc - and without capital parts.

The price could simple be 50% of a freighter (for 50% of its storage).
40k -> 350k -> 900k ? Would that be okay?

(if u want limit the freighter potential by special modules (like each modules adds 30k m³ - also fine.
so its for 00 - m³ or .......... what ever they want to put in - but just a few module slots! may even just lowslots)

This is just A EXAMPLE. Details is up to the admin in case of balancing it.

The freighter also may should be able to barely steal it self into big wormholes.
Right now its allmost embarissing to use industrials and warp 30 times in and out - everytime u got some bigger project on the move.
May this could be a faction or T2 variante that got a special role bonus for that "wormholestabilizer?"

Je... im de sexy

fs
Asuka Solo
I N E X T R E M I S
Tactical Narcotics Team
#2 - 2012-12-27 07:09:05 UTC
I'd be keen on seeing tankers and actual cargo-ships that are not called "industrial"...

Eve is about Capital ships, WiS, Boobs, PI and Isk!

Griffin Omanid
Knights of the Zodiac
#3 - 2012-12-27 15:37:33 UTC
40 k m³ in a Industrial Shocked you dont have to fit 5 cargo extenders in a Industrial, that is only a gank magnet.

But i agree that there should be some big Haulers with around 300 k m³ cargo, to transport something like 3 cruiser or BC + equipment without using an Orca. And maybe this bigger Hauler should get some other ability like an option to resupply and refit like a carrier, but it still can´t deploy an packed ship.

I think they could use the size of a BS, and maybe armed a bit.
Sean Parisi
Blackrise Vanguard
#4 - 2012-12-27 16:43:40 UTC
Agreed completely. A mid sized transportation ship of that nature is vastly needed, it would also be very nice to see a ship that is specifically used for moving built ships. Similar to a carrier but without armaments or a jump drive (maybe a jump drive one similar to a JF).

It would be great to see a variety of transport haulers fulfilling different roles across New Eden, built for specific purposes. Whether it is hauling unrefined ore or refined minerals, built ships, etc.
androch
LitlCorp
#5 - 2012-12-28 06:38:29 UTC
transport...ships... nuff said
Jimmy Hawks
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2012-12-28 11:42:33 UTC
I completely agree with that. Very often we face the situation that an Iteron Mk-V is just too small, but an actual Freighter would just be overkill.
While I really love the Orca, I find it -almost- sad to "abuse" the Ship as a simple Hauler.

So yes... there definitely need to be a couple of Haulers in between the current Industrial Haulers and the Freighters.
Infinite Force
#7 - 2012-12-28 20:43:11 UTC
The thread you're looking for is here: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1105641#post1105641

Good luck!

HROLT CEO Live Free; Die Proud

http://tinyurl.com/95zmyzw - The only way to go!

Ines Tegator
Serious Business Inc. Ltd. LLC. etc.
#8 - 2012-12-28 21:21:39 UTC
DST's are underused and could be revamped to fit this role.
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#9 - 2012-12-28 21:46:21 UTC
androch wrote:
transport...ships... nuff said

Obviously you have never owned one. They have tiny cargohold for what one would expect from T2.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#10 - 2012-12-28 21:47:48 UTC
Ines Tegator wrote:

Agreed, especially since, although they can do the Cloak/MWD thing, they are former-Mackinaw worthy paper bags.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Griffin Omanid
Knights of the Zodiac
#11 - 2012-12-28 23:14:38 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Ines Tegator wrote:

Agreed, especially since, although they can do the Cloak/MWD thing, they are former-Mackinaw worthy paper bags.

The T2 industrials are good enough with there cargo. If you want to transport more then 10 k m³ I hope you only carry low value stuff, cause everything more is too risky in an Industrial.

Ok in comparison to the rebalanced mining frig they need to be buffed, espacially their cargo. You normally can only carry the ore of one Hulk which is really lame.
But Blockade Runner already have the same raw EHP like a BC and higher warp stability and DST´s got a Cloak, the raw EHP of Cruiser and a Inertia of a Frig. The only problem is that you can only use these ships for level 4 logistic missions and not really for economical hauling (except high value faction & officer stuff maybe and T2-Frigs).

A smaller frighter which can carry around 100 -200 k m³ (+ ship bonus) would be really nice. I think then you can transport a packed BS if I am not wrong (didn´t find the volume of a packed one anywhere). And a t2 version maybe should get some nice new abilities like field supply i mentioned above.
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#12 - 2012-12-28 23:20:23 UTC
Griffin Omanid wrote:

A smaller frighter which can carry around 100 -200 k m³ (+ ship bonus) would be really nice.

Great thinking in post, except that value is already served by the Orca if need be. We are talking about, I believe, between 300 & 400 K.