These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Im sick from waiting 24h for change clone.

First post
Author
Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#21 - 2012-12-28 20:51:01 UTC
Sergeant Acht Scultz wrote:
Simetraz wrote:
By shortening the jump timer you are then getting very close to implants that can't be destroyed.

Players not login because clone timers not only makes those implants indestructible (at some point) but also less players or characters fleeting up/roaming whatever pvp.

So, the questions should be: do you prefer more dudes doing pvp or not?
Does this timer prevents pvp, yes or not?

Once you seriously answered those questions taking in account there's not only a single way of thinking or playing this game, then I think we can move on and actually pvp a little more, I mean, play the game a little more.

It's not the single negative point, you have to add all the natural problems random whatever player will encounter trying to log in and play Eve like usual bugs, new bugs, bad patches, and also figure out many players using other thing than Windows XP B.C. versions like Mac, Linux or even win8 have huge issues just to be able to undock and actually click and move to something.
Then yes, this is not only a problem for gaming experience but also an unnecessary and stupid problem that should never ever been one in the first place.

But it's only my $15 humble opinion, I know doesn't count that much.

Plenty of people fight PVP without relying on JCs, so no, the 24 hour cooldown does not prevent PVP combat.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

ihcn
Life. Universe. Everything.
#22 - 2012-12-28 20:54:12 UTC
Tarvos Telesto wrote:
Simetraz wrote:
Then you shouldn't have bought the implants to begin with.

Either buy the expensive implants and PvP in them getting the full use out of them

OR

Don't buy the expensive implants and except.

EVE is full of choices.

I agree with you but Eve shoud offer more instant pvp not restricted by stupid 24 h waiting, people works, people got familis, people do other thing in RL, and while they want some action they have to waint until, damn 24 hour period is over.

this is the core of the carebear mentality

"i made a decision fully knowing what the consequences are, and now im mad because i had to deal with the consequences

if you wanted to pvp today, why did you jump to an expensive clone 7 hours ago? why are you worried about getting podded in lowsec? you have to TRY to get podded in lowsec
Burseg Sardaukar
Free State Project
#23 - 2012-12-28 21:00:20 UTC
I'm on board with the OP.

I think the most balanced thing would be a skill that reduces the jumpclone timer by 3 hours per level. It makes it less sandbox if I'm stuck in a shield clone when I want my armor clone or want to go to null but can't jump to my blank clone for 15 hours.

Yea, EVE is full of choices, but I don't really know what benefit or "lesson" is to be learned by forcing players to (usually) do nothing while they wait out a timer. To not use jumpclones?

Can't wait to dual box my Dust toon and EVE toon on the same machine!

Sergeant Acht Scultz
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#24 - 2012-12-28 21:02:27 UTC
Morrigan LeSante wrote:
If the timer is ticking, you've already jumped. So why are you jumping about SO much?

Or is 24 hours in a lower grade of implant clone REALLY such a big deal?

You have to see the problem from another perspective. Your mates are going out for roaming, maybe at war and need you so what are you going to do?

Avoid stupid conflicts because of stupid people and you don't log in, or will you simply not be there to help your friends and stay dock?
Because it's pretty obvious it's so much fun mission and ratting for hours just to pay the pod+ship without fit, let's forget the implants price.
Unless you're a Nexon fan and actually play the game with plex on top of your sub price and don't bother for another plex or two, after all it's your choice but you should also be aware there are other people playing this game and might think differently.
The sun will not stop shining if you stop breathing, even if you think or someone told you it will Blink

removed inappropriate ASCII art signature - CCP Eterne

Dheeradj Nurgle
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#25 - 2012-12-28 21:08:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Dheeradj Nurgle
Good god OP, you act like you have a head full of +5's. (I seriously hope I don't have to say how stupid that is...)

Where do you live? Null? Low? Judging by the amount of members your corp has, I'll guess Low. It's pretty much impossible to lose your Pod in Low, except in high lag situations. You can enter warp BEFORE you appear on their overview.
Sergeant Acht Scultz
Caldari State
#26 - 2012-12-28 21:10:18 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Simetraz wrote:
By shortening the jump timer you are then getting very close to implants that can't be destroyed.

Players not login because clone timers not only makes those implants indestructible (at some point) but also less players or characters fleeting up/roaming whatever pvp.

So, the questions should be: do you prefer more dudes doing pvp or not?
Does this timer prevents pvp, yes or not?

Once you seriously answered those questions taking in account there's not only a single way of thinking or playing this game, then I think we can move on and actually pvp a little more, I mean, play the game a little more.

It's not the single negative point, you have to add all the natural problems random whatever player will encounter trying to log in and play Eve like usual bugs, new bugs, bad patches, and also figure out many players using other thing than Windows XP B.C. versions like Mac, Linux or even win8 have huge issues just to be able to undock and actually click and move to something.
Then yes, this is not only a problem for gaming experience but also an unnecessary and stupid problem that should never ever been one in the first place.

But it's only my $15 humble opinion, I know doesn't count that much.

Plenty of people fight PVP without relying on JCs, so no, the 24 hour cooldown does not prevent PVP combat.

Plenty means nothing, I can use the same argument to say plenty don't because of jump clones and in the end who's right or wrong? -did it answered to whatever problem? -it didn't.

The core of the problem is how interesting for gaming experience this jump clone timer is, how would this be more abusive or dumbing down if the timer would be lowered to 12h than jump bridges or titan bridges facilities for traveling?

How is this much of a problem for you if the timer is lowered to 12h? -please explain me how abusive, dumbing down or whatever bad thing this would be for the game, be my guest, I would really like to read your constructive arguments around this.

Marlona Sky
State War Academy
Caldari State
#27 - 2012-12-28 21:21:56 UTC
Simetraz wrote:

Wrong. Very, very wrong.

By enabling players to jump into the clone with the implants they want to use in fact means those implants are put at risk far more than what we currently have. Which is players who simply don't bother to undock at all because they are not in the right clone.
Seven Koskanaiken
Shadow Legions.
#28 - 2012-12-28 21:26:30 UTC
Join rvb, they don't pod
Sergeant Acht Scultz
Caldari State
#29 - 2012-12-28 21:30:27 UTC
Seven Koskanaiken wrote:
Join rvb, they don't pod

The right answer is just don't log in or stay dock. That's what happens and this is what so many brainless people think is awesome.

CCP Phantom
C C P
C C P Alliance
#30 - 2012-12-28 21:33:24 UTC
Personal attacks removed. Please stay civil and constructive in your posting, thank you.

Moved from EVE General Discussion.

CCP Phantom - Senior Community Developer

masternerdguy
Doomheim
#31 - 2012-12-28 21:34:56 UTC
As a lo sec PVPer who is always in a Low Grade Snake Set I don't share your pain. If you lose a pod in lo sec, you are doing it wrong.

That said, this is a bad idea because it increases power projection. You already have an astonishing amount of mobility in this game, adding this would mean you could hop across the map with no problems.

Things are only impossible until they are not.

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#32 - 2012-12-28 21:35:15 UTC
I have a full 5 point Implant and hardwiring main with the 5% Mining Yield Implant. I also have an only 3 point Implant and hardwiring clone except for the 5% Yeti Ice Mining hardwire.

Once I've gone crazy after 2 hours of Ice Mining, I pretty much log off as it is then a 22 hour wait to get into my main head again.

....a head that is much more at risk obviously. And not at risk to you at all if I'm not logged in.

Although it really makes no difference to me, I'm not hearing any rational argument against a 12 hour reduction. Everyone brings up the travel exploit issue, but that is not the case for myself. Maybe 12 hour transfers can be done with an exception to restrict it to within 10 jumps or something ??

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#33 - 2012-12-28 21:36:43 UTC
Dheeradj Nurgle wrote:
Good god OP, you act like you have a head full of +5's. (I seriously hope I don't have to say how stupid that is...)

Then why are they even available do you think ????

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

masternerdguy
Doomheim
#34 - 2012-12-28 21:41:10 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Dheeradj Nurgle wrote:

I can buy gold teeth, a diamond studded cane, a purple velvet suit, a golden crown, and diamond studded shoes but that doesn't mean I should go to the shady part of town with them.

Seven Koskanaiken
Shadow Legions.
#35 - 2012-12-28 21:41:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Seven Koskanaiken
Seven Koskanaiken wrote:
Join rvb, they don't pod

The right answer is just don't log in or stay dock. That's what happens and this is what so many brainless people think is awesome.

Why? U can apply to rvb, get accepted, pvp, and leave again all in the time it takes for your clone to cool down lol, unless he has roles
The few thatget pod kills from purple wts, look at how expensive their mails are
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#36 - 2012-12-28 21:43:55 UTC
masternerdguy wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Dheeradj Nurgle wrote:

I can buy gold teeth, a diamond studded cane, a purple velvet suit, a golden crown, and diamond studded shoes but that doesn't mean I should go to the shady part of town with them.

Well, what happened to the all important creedo of Risk vs Reward in this case ?

masternerdguy
Doomheim
#37 - 2012-12-28 21:45:23 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
masternerdguy wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Dheeradj Nurgle wrote:

Well, what happened to the all important creedo of Risk vs Reward in this case ?

Your reward is badass bonuses (pirate and hardwiring implants) and improved training time (learning implants). Your risk is the financial hit of losing them.

Sergeant Acht Scultz
Caldari State
#38 - 2012-12-28 21:47:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Sergeant Acht Scultz
masternerdguy wrote:
As a lo sec PVPer who is always in a Low Grade Snake Set I don't share your pain. If you lose a pod in lo sec, you are doing it wrong.

That said, this is a bad idea because it increases power projection. You already have an astonishing amount of mobility in this game, adding this would mean you could hop across the map with no problems.

Power projection is a false argument, you can talk about power projection when you can titan bridge thousands of players for over 180 jumps in just a couple minutes.
You can talk about power projection when you can jump hundreds or thousands of players through jump bridges and be 50 or 70 jumps away in just a couple minutes.
You can talk about power projection when you undock at jita and hit "jump" avoiding dozens of gates to empower your position at whatever station without much effort or risk other than undock and hit jump.

Why do you bring power projection to this discussion when all it is about is player experience. How much more would the normal player and not the abnormal personage behind his computer 12 or 20h/day, be or represent by whatever means "power projection" by changing the 24H timer to a 12H timer???

Shocked

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#39 - 2012-12-28 21:49:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Krixtal Icefluxor
masternerdguy wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
masternerdguy wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Dheeradj Nurgle wrote:

Your reward is badass bonuses (pirate and hardwiring implants) and improved training time (learning implants). Your risk is the financial hit of losing them.

Well then that's my prerogative. It does not make it 'stupid'. Certainly no stupider than anything else done in this game.

EDIT: oh, and a 2% gain over the lesser implant is hardly 'bada**'. Perhaps you have a language useage and vocabulary issue.

masternerdguy
Doomheim
#40 - 2012-12-28 21:52:23 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:

Well then that's my prerogative. It does not make it 'stupid'. Certainly no stupider than anything else done in this game.

EDIT: oh, and a 2% gain over the lesser implant is hardly 'bada**'. Perhaps you have a language useage and vocabulary issue.

Price is not a factor in balance.