These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

I Won't Build "Your Empire"

Author
Dave Stark
#101 - 2012-12-28 10:57:11 UTC
Solstice Project wrote:
I want a special overview icon for casual gamers,
so i can concentrate all my guns on them.

Edit: In fact, we should create a group that specifically targets these so called "casual gamers".

you've been doing a good job of that without the extra feature judging by how many bounty notifications i get from you.
Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#102 - 2012-12-28 11:00:53 UTC
masternerdguy wrote:
Anyway, the nerf will happen. Summer is coming.
So exactly what is this nerf going to be?

/c

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

TharOkha
0asis Group
#103 - 2012-12-28 11:04:50 UTC
masternerdguy wrote:
"we are the borg. Resistance is futile"

Yes, this is exactly what your post is about.
Rhaetic
Black Ice Consortium
#104 - 2012-12-28 11:07:51 UTC
In this thread:

Yet another know-nothing telling people what EVE is, as if they hold the magic key to a sandbox game.
Gabriel Santagalos
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#105 - 2012-12-28 11:24:43 UTC
I like the part about you "MIGHT" have fun someday, if you work your ass off, the best. I am obviously doing it wrong, having fun without sweating and working like a madman. I thought this was a videogame, ultimately played for fun, boy was i wrong!

Thanks for showing me the error of my ways, i shall go repent and flog myself until i am biomassed or something.
Jenavee De'amore
New LIfe corp
#106 - 2012-12-28 11:42:42 UTC
masternerdguy wrote:
In many of the defensive cries from hi seccers attempting to justify that hi sec is balanced I've been seeing a recurring theme: "I won't go to nullsec because I don't want to help build your empire. I want to build one with my RL friends."

"I won't go to nullsec because I don't want to help build your empire. I want to build one with my RL friends."

This is the epitome of the fundamental misunderstanding hi seccers have about the nature of this game. It is based on 3 incorrect assumptions.

1. I Am Special - Nobody is special. Everyone is a worthless until proven otherwise. Your value is solely what you bring to the community.
  2. EVE is Relaxing - EVE has never been relaxing. It has been about hard work and commitment. You might have fun, but it will take a lot of work to get there.
  3. EVE is About Small Gang / Solo - EVE has never been balanced around small gang or solo, and this has never been pushed by any of the advertising. In fact the opposite is pushed.

So what do you resort to? You resort to blaming the evil nullseccers for all your problems and talking about how unfair it is that you might lose, or that setting up your 5 man alliance in the middle of Deklein won't work, or that you got blobbed. Then when that doesn't work you cry about how important it is to be a "casual gamer".

The definition of casual gamer seems to be pretty flexible these days. I didn't know grinding missions or ice mining for 14 hours a day was casual.

I am special!!
killorbekilled TBE
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#107 - 2012-12-28 12:14:43 UTC
masternerdguy wrote:
In many of the defensive cries from hi seccers attempting to justify that hi sec is balanced I've been seeing a recurring theme: "I won't go to nullsec because I don't want to help build your empire. I want to build one with my RL friends."

"I won't go to nullsec because I don't want to help build your empire. I want to build one with my RL friends."

This is the epitome of the fundamental misunderstanding hi seccers have about the nature of this game. It is based on 3 incorrect assumptions.

1. I Am Special - Nobody is special. Everyone is a worthless until proven otherwise. Your value is solely what you bring to the community.
  2. EVE is Relaxing - EVE has never been relaxing. It has been about hard work and commitment. You might have fun, but it will take a lot of work to get there.
  3. EVE is About Small Gang / Solo - EVE has never been balanced around small gang or solo, and this has never been pushed by any of the advertising. In fact the opposite is pushed.

So what do you resort to? You resort to blaming the evil nullseccers for all your problems and talking about how unfair it is that you might lose, or that setting up your 5 man alliance in the middle of Deklein won't work, or that you got blobbed. Then when that doesn't work you cry about how important it is to be a "casual gamer".

The definition of casual gamer seems to be pretty flexible these days. I didn't know grinding missions or ice mining for 14 hours a day was casual.

Thanks for sharing now go back to your seat

:)

flakeys
Doomheim
#108 - 2012-12-28 12:17:30 UTC
masternerdguy wrote:

• I Am Special - Nobody is special.

• I'd like to meet this character called 'nobody' he sounds special .

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

flakeys
    Doomheim
    #109 - 2012-12-28 12:19:50 UTC
    Rhaetic wrote:
    In this thread:

Yet another know-nothing telling people what EVE is, as if they hold the magic key to a sandbox game.

Posting garbage is his contribution to the community as such in his own words/mind he IS special.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

Nessa Aldeen
    First Among Equals
    #110 - 2012-12-28 12:33:03 UTC
    This guy from he was a nub until now still continue to post absolute drivel. Go learn Eve please, seriously.
    March rabbit
    Aliastra
    Gallente Federation
    #111 - 2012-12-28 12:39:57 UTC
    masternerdguy wrote:

nerf will happen. or it won't.
    without your help. without you trying to opposite it.
    you (and your opinion) just don't matter to fact if nerf will come or not.

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

March rabbit
    Aliastra
    Gallente Federation
    #112 - 2012-12-28 12:44:36 UTC
    masternerdguy wrote:
    Seven Koskanaiken wrote:

get a life freak

What an intelligent and fascinating retort.

well.you deserved it. don't cry now.

March rabbit
    Aliastra
    Gallente Federation
    #113 - 2012-12-28 13:00:34 UTC
    Alavaria Fera wrote:
    SmilingVagrant wrote:
    Bane Necran wrote:
    Alavaria Fera wrote:
    Except a drake blob has usually 250+ players. And when there's multiple blobs, it's much larger.

If only things were easier the smaller the group you're in, instead of the opposite being true.

I can say ironically that the smaller a gang is the easier it is to manage/trust everyone is doing the right thing.

Coordinating multiple blobs is so easy, a moron could do it.

In other words, highsec should be able to beat us up easily since they clearly outnumber us.

question is: do you worth attention of high-seccers?
    i think you don't

Ginger Barbarella
    #114 - 2012-12-28 13:27:44 UTC
    The troll got his 6 pages, guys. Let's let him fade back into obscurity again.

"Blow it all on Quafe and strippers." --- Sorlac

psycho freak
    Sebiestor Tribe
    Minmatar Republic
    #115 - 2012-12-28 17:47:03 UTC
    op u missed the ppl like me and there are alot them

ppl who lived years in 0.0 and got bord
    ppl who just dont care about building empires
    ppl who dont care about other players
    ppl who like to do what they want and when they want

in genrial ppl like me ppl who dont give a sh*t about you or anyone els

my spelling sux brb find phone number for someone who gives a fu*k

nop cant find it

Sentamon
    Imperial Academy
    Amarr Empire
    #116 - 2012-12-28 17:52:40 UTC
    masternerdguy wrote:

... and another self deluded individual that thinks people will join nullsec alliances if highsec is ruined. Roll

~ Professional Forum Alt  ~

Gogela
    Epic Ganking Time
    CODE.
    #117 - 2012-12-28 18:55:01 UTC
    Meh... you can have fun in an alliance. It just depends on the alliance. Right now the game is geared in such a way that not enough people care about alliance warfare. I think that will change in the next year or two. I actually had a lot of fun when I was in the snigg noob-training corp. I've been in other corps that had wildly different styles of play and objectives, and each was fun in their own right. It's not 'work' when you are on a team and everyone is working toward some goal or just having fun. You just have to shop around for a group that is doing what you want to do... and that isn't easy since there are so many different groups out there.

Signatures should be used responsibly...

Captain Death1
    Ministry of War
    Amarr Empire
    #118 - 2012-12-28 19:56:36 UTC
    Reset game back to 0 sp o isk that will fix high and null sec that way all players are on even footing under any new nerf that might come

i like nerfs myself i enjoy the e-mails you get saying please come back and sub when games subs get low

yawn easy to blow a games subs out the window with bad idea after bad idea this is why you all play game and don't
    write the software -F for knowing anything about businessEvil
    Buzzy Warstl
    Quantum Flux Foundry
    #119 - 2012-12-28 20:09:12 UTC
    Sturgeon's Law ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sturgeon%27s_Law ) applies to player generated content as much as anything else.

http://www.mud.co.uk/richard/hcds.htm Richard Bartle: Players who suit MUDs

Doc Severiide
    Doomheim
    #120 - 2012-12-28 20:11:18 UTC
    There is always some useless loser coming up with multiple idiotic threads ad naseum. james315 and this guy are at the top of the heap right now...