These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

I Won't Build "Your Empire"

Author
masternerdguy
Doomheim
#41 - 2012-12-27 20:25:58 UTC
Ginger Barbarella wrote:
masternerdguy wrote:
Ginger Barbarella wrote:
Like all the other forum warriors, you just don't get it.

I and many others have explained it countless times, and you guys just CHOOSE not to get it. That makes it your problem.

You play your game, I'll play mine. Why is that such a hard concept for your forum warriors to grok?

Because they're both the same game.

This is so funny it's bordering on pathetic... Lol If you don't like the way people are playing this game, quit demanding they play it YOUR way, and go build your own intarwebs spaceships game.

Oh, that's right: you don't have 1% of what it would take to do that, so you try (and fail) to play the part of playgound bully. Lol Keep up the good work, Nerdy.

Ah I was wondering what page the "rage harder aspie neckbeard bullie" defense would take to show up.

Things are only impossible until they are not.

Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#42 - 2012-12-27 20:27:46 UTC
masternerdguy wrote:
Ginger Barbarella wrote:

I and many others have explained it countless times, and you guys just CHOOSE not to get it. That makes it your problem.

You play your game, I'll play mine. Why is that such a hard concept for your forum warriors to grok?

Correction: It's the same non-linear progression game. Goals are free to be chosen and pursued, including relaxation and solo play.
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#43 - 2012-12-27 20:29:51 UTC
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
masternerdguy wrote:
Ginger Barbarella wrote:

Correction: It's the same non-linear progression game. Goals are free to be chosen and pursued, including relaxation and solo play.

Tear collection is not a valid way of enjoying yourself. Such people should be reported to CONCORD for immediate... oh wait, not if they're not in highsec, opps

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Randolph Rothstein
whatever corp.
#44 - 2012-12-27 20:31:52 UTC
ok ok calm down

i think its time to tell everyone

we decided to keep the game as it is for now

we do not rule out rebalance in the future tho

you are welcome
Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#45 - 2012-12-27 20:37:17 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
masternerdguy wrote:
Ginger Barbarella wrote:

Tear collection is not a valid way of enjoying yourself. Such people should be reported to CONCORD for immediate... oh wait, not if they're not in highsec, opps

Worthy of note: "including" ≠ "limited to"
Also worthy of note: Clearly no one ever dies in highsec outside of wardec's because of CONCORD
Elvis Fett
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#46 - 2012-12-27 20:49:10 UTC
Maire Gheren wrote:
Alavaria Fera wrote:
But the evil blobbers are stomping on people.

Is your vast empire really all that interested in taking and holding a non-contiguous dead end pocket with a Syndicate-esque truesec? It'd be more trouble than it's worth to project power into it. Might be a step up for some growing corp that's looking at expanding from piracy or FW though.

Just for the record there is no step up from faction warfare. FW is the upper echelon of PvP players. Moving to nul from FW low-sec is like dropping out of Havard to attend your local community college with 150 students.
Grimpak
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#47 - 2012-12-27 20:50:01 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
masternerdguy wrote:
Ginger Barbarella wrote:

I don't know... empire tears have a different taste if you ask me.

[img]http://eve-files.com/sig/grimpak[/img]

[quote]The more I know about humans, the more I love animals.[/quote] ain't that right

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#48 - 2012-12-27 21:04:19 UTC
Elvis Fett wrote:
Maire Gheren wrote:
Alavaria Fera wrote:
But the evil blobbers are stomping on people.

Is your vast empire really all that interested in taking and holding a non-contiguous dead end pocket with a Syndicate-esque truesec? It'd be more trouble than it's worth to project power into it. Might be a step up for some growing corp that's looking at expanding from piracy or FW though.

Just for the record there is no step up from faction warfare. FW is the upper echelon of PvP players. Moving to nul from FW low-sec is like dropping out of Havard to attend your local community college with 150 students.

Except a drake blob has usually 250+ players. And when there's multiple blobs, it's much larger.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Beekeeper Bob
Beekeepers Anonymous
#49 - 2012-12-27 21:06:21 UTC
masternerdguy wrote:
In many of the defensive cries from hi seccers attempting to justify that hi sec is balanced I've been seeing a recurring theme: "I won't go to nullsec because I don't want to help build your empire. I want to build one with my RL friends."

"I won't go to nullsec because I don't want to help build your empire. I want to build one with my RL friends."

This is the epitome of the fundamental misunderstanding hi seccers have about the nature of this game. It is based on 3 incorrect assumptions.

1. I Am Special - Nobody is special. Everyone is a worthless until proven otherwise. Your value is solely what you bring to the community.
  2. EVE is Relaxing - EVE has never been relaxing. It has been about hard work and commitment. You might have fun, but it will take a lot of work to get there.
  3. EVE is About Small Gang / Solo - EVE has never been balanced around small gang or solo, and this has never been pushed by any of the advertising. In fact the opposite is pushed.

So what do you resort to? You resort to blaming the evil nullseccers for all your problems and talking about how unfair it is that you might lose, or that setting up your 5 man alliance in the middle of Deklein won't work, or that you got blobbed. Then when that doesn't work you cry about how important it is to be a "casual gamer".

The definition of casual gamer seems to be pretty flexible these days. I didn't know grinding missions or ice mining for 14 hours a day was casual.

Anyway, the nerf will happen. Summer is coming.

Were you born this way? Or did something in your life make you think you could speak for everyone else?

Signature removed - CCP Eterne

Bane Necran
Appono Astos
#50 - 2012-12-27 21:08:01 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Except a drake blob has usually 250+ players. And when there's multiple blobs, it's much larger.

If only things were easier the smaller the group you're in, instead of the opposite being true.

"In the void is virtue, and no evil. Wisdom has existence, principle has existence, the Way has existence, spirit is nothingness." ~Miyamoto Musashi

Inxentas Ultramar
Ultramar Independent Contracting
#51 - 2012-12-27 21:13:28 UTC
Then I'll just come forth and say it. Rage harder, aspie neckbeard bully.
Mars Theran
Foreign Interloper
#52 - 2012-12-27 21:16:07 UTC
masternerdguy wrote:
Mars Theran wrote:

Do you get it? Probably not, but let me attempt to explain. You never had significant opposition. There were no heavily entrenched forces with years of digging in and manipulating markets preventing your entry back then. There was just open space and roaming, exploring gangs, rather like lowsec is now.

No, I wasn't there, but I understand what happens when you have yet to develop the resources or truly understand and have familiarity with the territory you are moving in to. There is no way you could have just waltzed in with SuperCaps and Carriers, and the game was much different then. The population is also much higher now, and experience has given the Nullsec crowd the ability to literally control that entire territory without much effort.

Well, you certainly weren't there. I remember when BoB was going to own all of null and the goons were losing, and everyone was crying about the evil BoB hurting the game. I remember when BRUCE controlled Fountain, Syndicate, Cloud Ring, and Outer Ring and could project much further than that.

I remember when the Russians had an unbreakable hold on the Dronelands. I remember when the enemy had the classic doomsday (area of effect 75k damage) and 14 titans to hotdrop on us.

I remember being in the NC and fighting for survival against the hordes of foreigners (and NC dot).

We fought and won against the entrenched power blocks, you can too.

I'm sure there were no large, entrenched powerblocs before that. ..I'm also fairly certain that mechanics and various other game features were much different then.

How long was it before they built the first Titan anyway?
zubzubzubzubzubzubzubzub
Mars Theran
Foreign Interloper
#53 - 2012-12-27 21:18:14 UTC
masternerdguy wrote:
Ginger Barbarella wrote:

No.. no they're not. The point of a sandbox is that you can play many different games in it.
zubzubzubzubzubzubzubzub
Jamyl Khanid
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#54 - 2012-12-27 21:23:09 UTC
Wasn't High Sec supposed to end on 12/21/12?
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#55 - 2012-12-27 21:23:19 UTC
Mars Theran wrote:
masternerdguy wrote:
Ginger Barbarella wrote:

No.. no they're not. The point of a sandbox is that you can play many different games in it.

The poke the miner game will be shut down due to requests from the miners.

The autopiloting freighter game has received rave reviews and is due for a balancing patch to reduce the frequency of successful ganking attempts.

Malphilos
State War Academy
Caldari State
#56 - 2012-12-27 21:33:20 UTC
masternerdguy wrote:

EVE is About Small Gang / Solo - EVE has never been balanced around small gang or solo, and this has never been pushed by any of the advertising. In fact the opposite is pushed.

Really? The box I have says:

"Conspire with thousands of others to bring the galaxy to its knees, or go it alone and share the glory with no one."

I understand that's from well before your time, but you're still wrong.

Masamune Dekoro
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#57 - 2012-12-27 21:56:12 UTC
OP, please find the largest dictionary you can, open up to 'Sandbox' (it's under 'S', just in case you can't find it), bring your face really close to the page then firmly smack the book closed around your head, repeatedly, until you can comprehend what type of game this is.
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#58 - 2012-12-27 22:20:05 UTC
Oh look, another thread of how things should be and what everybody else is supposed to think.

It would be funny if RL politics and legal matters didn't have these same elements. Makes me wish the world would go "mad max".

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Kitty Bear
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#59 - 2012-12-27 22:32:37 UTC
Jenavee De'amore wrote:
Again I don't think nerfing hisec is the answer to your prayers your looking for o.O alot of people will just unsub and that's about the jist of it....

Maybe if large null sec alliances started looking at themselves and thought how could we make our territories more appealing to attract activity in the form of industrialists etc. More industry would encourage production and would stock up empty stations where the average PVP'er could buy their ships, ammo, mods etc... This would then encourage more PVP encounters that everyone craves if not just general activity in these empty null sec systems!! I'm obviously just hypothesising, it's up to these players to do something off their own backs to provide solutions. Using the old chessnut 'nerf hisec' is just wearing a little thin if not boring!!

It's not the players in hisec that are at fault but the players that already live in nullsec who are at fault....

Jena o/

How industry works in Nul needs to change too
theres only CCP that can do that .. and so far they haven't
no I don't play in Nul, atm I don't want to, but Industry there does need ccp's attention.

the other problem you ahve is the players,
if ccp focus on industry they complain about the lack of 'pew attention'
if ccp focus on 'the pew' they complain about broken industry
Arduemont
Rotten Legion
#60 - 2012-12-27 22:44:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Arduemont
These threads are getting really old. I don't care about highsec, and I dont care about nullsec and I certainly don't care what high seccers think of null seccers and vice versa. Get over yourselves.

"In the age of information, ignorance is a choice." www.stateofwar.co.nf