These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Null is Broken, Hisec working as intended.

First post
Author
Kery Nysell
#141 - 2012-12-27 19:13:33 UTC
I find it interesting to see null-bears complaining about the tens of billions they need to pay for their sov costs and all ...

Guess what ?

As a highsec carebear, I *CANNOT* make tens of billions ... and yes, I've also been playing since 2004/2005 ...

So, from my point of view, nullsec = isk printing machine ... that very well deserves all the hindrances, it's SO EASY to make a fortune down there, compared to the grind and market pvp of high sec.

Flame away, I've got my asbestos suit.

Miri Amatonur
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#142 - 2012-12-27 19:33:06 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
(...)
Oh right, we rely on our friends rather than NPCs.

Where we would come back to smaller is better as a possible future for 0.0. The mega alliances and super coalitions of today can't be the right way.

How much more interesting could 0.0 be if it would resamble the small scale counties of medival Europe. Lots of PvP. Fast changing politics. Sounds interesting.

But the current game mechanics would need an adjustment to support this.
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#143 - 2012-12-27 19:36:10 UTC
Kery Nysell wrote:
I find it interesting to see null-bears complaining about the tens of billions they need to pay for their sov costs and all ...

Guess what ?

As a highsec carebear, I *CANNOT* make tens of billions ... and yes, I've also been playing since 2004/2005 ...

So, from my point of view, nullsec = isk printing machine ... that very well deserves all the hindrances, it's SO EASY to make a fortune down there, compared to the grind and market pvp of high sec.

Yeah we kinda have to work together to make those. No, you can't do this sort of thing solo.

Don't worry though, highsec is nice and easy and broken, you can rely on CONCORD and the like, just be happy ^___^

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

masternerdguy
Doomheim
#144 - 2012-12-27 19:37:12 UTC
Miri Amatonur wrote:
Alavaria Fera wrote:
(...)

Where we would come back to smaller is better as a possible future for 0.0. The mega alliances and super coalitions of today can't be the right way.

How much more interesting could 0.0 be if it would resamble the small scale counties of medival Europe. Lots of PvP. Fast changing politics. Sounds interesting.

Medieval Europe was actually relatively stable.

Things are only impossible until they are not.

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#145 - 2012-12-27 19:40:01 UTC
masternerdguy wrote:
Miri Amatonur wrote:
Alavaria Fera wrote:
(...)

Then EVE will be different, and unstable !

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Eternal Error
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#146 - 2012-12-27 19:40:43 UTC
Kery Nysell wrote:

Guess what ?

First, if you can't make tens of billions in highsec (especially with that much sp/experience), you are terrible.

Second, it's not just about reward, it's about risk vs. reward.
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#147 - 2012-12-27 19:43:25 UTC
Eternal Error wrote:
Kery Nysell wrote:

Guess what ?

First, if you can't make tens of billions in highsec (especially with that much sp/experience), you are terrible.

Lies, with intel channels, blue lists and local nullsec has no risk, certainly not if your neighbor is a en evil blobbing supercapital blobbing evil

Miri Amatonur
Caldari State
#148 - 2012-12-27 19:43:35 UTC
masternerdguy wrote:

But had a ton of conflicts going on. Most small scale (count vs count) and some major stuff like Hundred Years' War, crusades and so on.
masternerdguy
Doomheim
#149 - 2012-12-27 19:46:31 UTC
Miri Amatonur wrote:
masternerdguy wrote:

But had a ton of conflicts going on. Most small scale (count vs count) and some major stuff like Hundred Years' War, crusades and so on.

Yes, but in EVE we mainly have lots of small scale conflicts and a big war every now and then, but things are pretty stable.

So I'd argue we're already where you think you want us to go.

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#150 - 2012-12-27 19:48:29 UTC
masternerdguy wrote:
Miri Amatonur wrote:
masternerdguy wrote:

Yes, but in EVE we mainly have lots of small scale conflicts and a big war every now and then, but things are pretty stable.

We also burn down whole regions, I mean you don't see the south of europe all burning and being blued that frequently, I hope.

Kery Nysell
#151 - 2012-12-27 20:03:25 UTC
Eternal Error wrote:

Never said I was the best player there is, but "tens of billions" is still out of my league ... half a billion per month for me alone is more reasonnable ...

But since I'm "terrible", care to share your wisdom, O Great One ?.?

Miri Amatonur
Caldari State
#152 - 2012-12-27 20:15:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Miri Amatonur
masternerdguy wrote:

In the sense of war and fights yes we might always been there.

It's in the sense of counties.
A county = a small alliance today in EVE.
If you'll argue with renters of the same hegemonial power. They lag feuds medival counties had even within one kingdom.

Today we have a few large alliances and coalitions that claim most of the space.
masternerdguy
Doomheim
#153 - 2012-12-27 20:17:27 UTC
Miri Amatonur wrote:
masternerdguy wrote:

If you'll argue with renters of the same hegemonial power. They lag feuds medival counties had even within one kingdom.

The United States of America, Russian Federation, People's Republic of China, those are also countries and are also quite large and influential.

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#154 - 2012-12-27 20:21:31 UTC
masternerdguy wrote:
Miri Amatonur wrote:
masternerdguy wrote:

The United States of America, Russian Federation, People's Republic of China, those are also countries and are also quite large and influential.

Which of those has magical police? I think it's best to live there.

Miri Amatonur
Caldari State
#155 - 2012-12-27 20:25:12 UTC
masternerdguy wrote:

Now you switch to the present world while i was talking about a world system 800 years ago.

The current game mechanics allow the super corporations, alliances by count of members and mega coalitions by blue lists.

That mechanics are changed frequently by CCP. Personally i would prefer the smaller is better approach over the current system.
Miri Amatonur
Caldari State
#156 - 2012-12-27 20:26:27 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:

I'd say China. But i doubt you want to live there.
masternerdguy
Doomheim
#157 - 2012-12-27 20:27:21 UTC
Miri Amatonur wrote:
Alavaria Fera wrote:

I've met a lot of people from China they seem ok to me.

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#158 - 2012-12-27 20:30:17 UTC
masternerdguy wrote:
Miri Amatonur wrote:
Alavaria Fera wrote:

I've met a lot of people from China they seem ok to me.

They have police that can save you within 15 seconds? Interesting.

Bane Necran
Appono Astos
#159 - 2012-12-27 20:38:27 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
They have police that can save you within 15 seconds? Interesting.

Who said anything about saving? They kill people that fast, and send the bill for the bullet to the family, which could be considered a killmail. Lol

"In the void is virtue, and no evil. Wisdom has existence, principle has existence, the Way has existence, spirit is nothingness." ~Miyamoto Musashi

No More Heroes
Boomer Humor
Snuffed Out
#160 - 2012-12-27 21:01:57 UTC
Kery Nysell wrote:

So, from my point of view, nullsec = isk printing machine ... that very well deserves all the hindrances, it's SO EASY to make a fortune down there, compared to the grind and market pvp of high sec

I'm afraid you are mistaken, about a great many things. I tried the various income things in 0.0 like exploration, belt ratting, anomaly farming, got some plasma planets going and did alright. Made a few hundred million over a period of months.

So I bought a perfect station trader that is in Jita 4-4 and never undocks.

Now I make billions

Weekly

By just changing and creating some buys and sells each day, talk about printing isk Cool