These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Abort Micro Jump

Author
Asudem
Black Spear.
#1 - 2012-12-27 12:52:06 UTC
Hello,

simple and as the title says. If you accidently activated the MJD, that you can hit the button again and once the cycle ended, you simply dont jump. Cap use, signature increase and maybe even the reactivation penalty might still kick in. Well, I would at least half the last thing then. It might be a rare case, but it can totally ruin a fight or cause other complications - it almost cost me my Vindicator. Just a thought.
Mag's
Azn Empire
#2 - 2012-12-27 13:07:12 UTC
It seems to me that CCP decided this module should have downsides. One of them is NOT being able to stop the jump, once activated. Unless you're scrammed of course. This sounds like a fair trade, to what is quite a powerful module.

The only way to stop this atm I believe, is to have a corp mate scram you. Or simply consider the consequences more, before activation.

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Griffin Omanid
Knights of the Zodiac
#3 - 2012-12-27 15:22:23 UTC
No donĀ“t disband it, it is a nice modul for snipers you can always jump around 100 km to keep a distance to your targets. It already have a lot of negative sites, like mentioned. So this modul is a more strategic propulsion modul for BS, so try to use it wise or try to counter it, f.e. with an Interceptor.
Asudem
Black Spear.
#4 - 2012-12-27 15:23:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Asudem
Mag's wrote:
It seems to me that CCP decided this module should have downsides. One of them is NOT being able to stop the jump, once activated. Unless you're scrammed of course. This sounds like a fair trade, to what is quite a powerful module.

The only way to stop this atm I believe, is to have a corp mate scram you. Or simply consider the consequences more, before activation.

I think you are right. However, this feature would compensate my clumsiness, but probably I should stop being clumsy in the first place.