These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The great SP giveaway.

First post
Author
Daimon Kaiera
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#81 - 2012-12-27 12:51:43 UTC
I'll have Amarr and Caldari battlecruisers. Good enough for me.

.... . .-.. .--. / .. / .... .- ...- . / ..-. .- .-.. .-.. . -. / .- -. -.. / .. / -.-. .- -. -. --- - / --. . - / ..- .--. / ... - --- .--. - .... .. ... / ... .. --. -. .- - ..- .-. . / .. -.. . .- / .. ... / -. --- - / ... - --- .-.. . -. / ... - --- .--.

Mag's
Azn Empire
#82 - 2012-12-27 12:53:45 UTC
raskonalkov wrote:
since new players, can never compete against vets anyhow.
Which isn't true.
Yes they will never have the same amount of SP. But as you can only fly one ship at a time, specialization means you can compete. Which was the point Yitter was making.

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Seven Noctis
#83 - 2012-12-27 12:55:16 UTC
Oh, this has turned into one of those threads.. Well, now I just feel silly for seriously addressing the question and making a productive comment originally.

If something is still not clear to anyone here, they should watch this; I find it really captures the essence of this thread.
Mag's
Azn Empire
#84 - 2012-12-27 12:57:11 UTC
Seven Noctis wrote:
Oh, this has turned into one of those threads.. Well, now I just feel silly for seriously addressing the question and making a productive comment originally.

If something is still not clear to anyone here, they should watch this; I find it really captures the essence of this thread.

This video contains content from Channel 5 and WMG, one or more of whom have blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

Yep, one of those threads indeed.

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Seven Noctis
#85 - 2012-12-27 13:03:06 UTC
Mag's wrote:
This video contains content from Channel 5 and WMG, one or more of whom have blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

Yep, one of those threads indeed.

Well, that's tough. You are really missing out, man.
raskonalkov
Tie Fighters Inc
#86 - 2012-12-27 13:05:46 UTC
Mag's wrote:
raskonalkov wrote:
Which isn't true.
Yes they will never have the same amount of SP. But as you can only fly one ship at a time, specialization means you can compete. Which was the point Yitter was making.

No its a nice point, but I rolled gallente a year before their buff. So specialization is hard for me to believe in. I suppose CCP is doing a rebalancing so specialization should work better.

Also until active armor tanking and ASBs are dealt with, I would never tell anyone to specialize.

As in CCP means a fair specialization, not to encourage players to specialize in OP ships. Maybe CCP does want players to specialize into OP ships, that is the magic to it.
raskonalkov
Tie Fighters Inc
#87 - 2012-12-27 13:07:17 UTC
Seven Noctis wrote:

We finally have someone who takes gloating seriously, and doesn't back down from an opportunity. Well played sir.

But it was a good joke.
Mag's
Azn Empire
#88 - 2012-12-27 13:14:54 UTC
raskonalkov wrote:
Mag's wrote:
raskonalkov wrote:
Which isn't true.

No its a nice point, but I rolled gallente a year before their buff. So specialization is hard for me to believe in. I suppose CCP is doing a rebalancing so specialization should work better.

Also until active armor tanking and ASBs are dealt with, I would never tell anyone to specialize.

As in CCP means a fair specialization, not to encourage players to specialize in OP ships. Maybe CCP does want players to specialize into OP ships, that is the magic to it.
Which is irrelevant in regards to specialization and competing. Just because your ship isn't FOTM, doesn't mean you can't compete. Eve is not just skills and fits, it's also about skillz and the way you use your fits.

Stop relying upon CCP to hold your hand and start thinking for yourself.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#89 - 2012-12-27 13:17:55 UTC
raskonalkov wrote:
No its a nice point
It can be as nice as you'd like, but that still doesn't make it true. New players can compete just fine. In fact, rather than being impossible, it's inevtiable the way the EVE skill system is constructed.
raskonalkov
Tie Fighters Inc
#90 - 2012-12-27 13:26:04 UTC
Wow, such good advice.

Can I presume that you Tipia are new to the game or you Mag's.

I mean a new player, actually telling me its easy to be new to this game, sure would mean a lot.

I mean if someone who has played for years, and doesn't really know much besides what they have. Comes in and tells me something. Surely that doesn't mean a lot. Surely that pretty much means nothing at all.

I don't know about Mag's but I know I am newer then tipia. So I already hold more credit then you would. Nice try.
Jorma Morkkis
State War Academy
Caldari State
#91 - 2012-12-27 13:27:43 UTC
raskonalkov wrote:
Can I presume that you Tipia are new to the game or you Mag's.

Mag's is quite new but Tippia killed BoB so at least she has played quite long.
Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#92 - 2012-12-27 13:28:46 UTC
raskonalkov wrote:
Dave stark wrote:
top tip of the day.

train the relevant skills if you want the free sp when the change comes in, or don't. crying on the forums like a petulant child isn't going to change a single thing.

It can change a lot, if used well, with the right goals in mind. How do you think the handicap have free parking, or women can vote now?

How long did they ban your main for? That's what this thread is really about.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

raskonalkov
Tie Fighters Inc
#93 - 2012-12-27 13:29:29 UTC
1 Month, Was just wierd what CCP was doing I suppose, wanted some feedback.
Nex apparatu5
Blackwood Co.
#94 - 2012-12-27 13:33:20 UTC
If only CCP had seen fit to make a system where you can buy and sell characters to let new players catch up to old players in terms of SP.

If I did that, I bet I would call it the Character Bazaar and put it on the forums.

Alas, CCP hate new players, so that would never happen.
raskonalkov
Tie Fighters Inc
#95 - 2012-12-27 13:38:07 UTC
Good point.

Wasn't sure if that was just for new players, I am sure new players who train for awhile, the start making enough ISK can do that. Or a new player who buys PLEX.

Nice knowing someone created a game, where the first 6 months to a year was worthless, and its just best to buy someone else's character as fast as possible.
CCP Eterne
C C P
C C P Alliance
#96 - 2012-12-27 13:40:19 UTC
Don't evade bans. They, surprise surprise, get you banned.

EVE Online/DUST 514 Community Representative ※ EVE Illuminati ※ Fiction Adept

@CCP_Eterne ※ @EVE_LiveEvents