These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

The electric grid goes down and does not come back. How long do you survive?

Author
ReptilesBlade
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1 - 2012-12-24 21:42:04 UTC
It goes down and does not come back. Society as you know it comes to an end.

How long do you survive and how?
Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2012-12-24 22:45:10 UTC
Go across the street to Pottery Barn and steal their fire! Twisted

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Lugia3
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#3 - 2012-12-24 22:47:04 UTC
I escape to South America and take a plane to Iceland.

Guess why.

"CCP Dolan is full of shit." - CCP Bettik

Kehro Urgus
Dark Nebula Academy
O X I D E
#4 - 2012-12-25 00:45:40 UTC
Considering it is -25c today, not very long. Shocked

Yeeee! 

stoicfaux
#5 - 2012-12-25 00:49:53 UTC
Two weeks and then death. No electricity -> no pumps -> no water. Very bad for cities.

If you happen to live close to a natural water source, then no electricity -> no gas pumps -> no transportation network, no way to deliver food, almost everyone starves.

Farms would be overrun by locust like swarms of people searching for food, which would put a crimp in long term survival.

Etc..

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

Micheal Dietrich
Kings Gambit Black
#6 - 2012-12-25 00:53:54 UTC
Quite well. Solar panels, horses, and personal well ftw. Now the rednecks get to mock back.

Out of Pod is getting In the Pod - Join in game channel **IG OOPE **

Wilhelm Riley
Doomheim
#7 - 2012-12-25 01:06:36 UTC
Micheal Dietrich wrote:
Quite well. Solar panels, horses, and personal well ftw. Now the rednecks get to mock back.

I don't think you can breed horses fast enough to use as a food supply. And what do the horses eat?
Ares Desideratus
UNSAFE SPACE
#8 - 2012-12-25 01:22:08 UTC
Wilhelm Riley wrote:
Micheal Dietrich wrote:

I don't think you can breed horses fast enough to use as a food supply. And what do the horses eat?

He would obviously hunt partridge and snare rabbits and whatnot. Most likely have a garden or two as well for the vegetables, if you're a gun owner it ain't hard to bag a moose.
Eurydia Vespasian
Storm Hunters
#9 - 2012-12-25 03:12:48 UTC
i'd just take what i needed from others through theft, deceit, death and manipulation. this is not in anyway how i would behave in a normal scheme of things. and the thought of being forced to do so causes me some bit of anxiety. but, i also know in my heart, that in a survival situation i can see myself doing any and all sort of filthy, underhanded, slutty or lethal deed to continue living another day.

i enjoy being alive and am in rush to see it end, no matter how dire circumstances may seem. lol
Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2012-12-25 03:22:26 UTC
Eurydia Vespasian wrote:
i'd just take what i needed from others through theft, deceit, death and manipulation. this is not in anyway how i would behave in a normal scheme of things. and the thought of being forced to do so causes me some bit of anxiety. but, i also know in my heart, that in a survival situation i can see myself doing any and all sort of filthy, underhanded, slutty or lethal deed to continue living another day.

i enjoy being alive and am in rush to see it end, no matter how dire circumstances may seem. lol

I live in a city... no open areas so my awesome assault shotgun (with extended magazine, suck it liberals P) will do nicely Big smile

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Mars Theran
Foreign Interloper
#11 - 2012-12-25 03:27:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Mars Theran
As long as I want. I never needed power to begin with. What? As for society, (civilization as we know it I assume), coming to a grinding halt, standstill, back tracking to the dark ages or whatever.. I'd get over it. Blink

Survival isn't planned, it's something you do, or don't do.
zubzubzubzubzubzubzubzub
Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2012-12-25 03:28:10 UTC
Mars Theran wrote:
As long as I want. I never needed power to begin with. What?

LIES! Shocked

Mars Theran
Foreign Interloper
#13 - 2012-12-25 03:38:49 UTC
Surfin's PlunderBunny wrote:
Mars Theran wrote:

LIES! Shocked

Smile I admit, I'd probably miss my computer for coming here and chatting with everyone, and watching the New Eden Cluster grow and change in the hearts and minds of players and Devs alike, but I'm certain more prevalent things would keep my mind off it. P

I've lived without power and water before, for weeks, and even lived without transportation or shelter aside from that I could walk and find it under trees, or if I happened to have a tent I could use that. I've climbed mountain, hiked trails, and am familiar enough with the hazards of nature.

In contrast, I have walked through some places one might call 'gangland', given money to the poor, talked to homeless and drug addicts on the streets, traveled alone in dangerous territory, and met unwelcome strangers in dark places.

Human beings are adaptable, if they are willing to be. We're also made to survive in the most adverse of conditions, and sometimes against all odds. Sure, we have our limitations, and they may be exceeded, but until then we are capable of anything.
zubzubzubzubzubzubzubzub
Micheal Dietrich
Kings Gambit Black
#14 - 2012-12-25 04:41:50 UTC
Ares Desideratus wrote:
Wilhelm Riley wrote:
Micheal Dietrich wrote:

He would obviously hunt partridge and snare rabbits and whatnot. Most likely have a garden or two as well for the vegetables, if you're a gun owner it ain't hard to bag a moose.

Or a free range cow that walks up to your back door.

Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#15 - 2012-12-25 04:45:27 UTC
Mars Theran wrote:
Mars Theran wrote:

LIES! Shocked

Smile I admit, I'd probably miss my computer for coming here and chatting with everyone, and watching the New Eden Cluster grow and change in the hearts and minds of players and Devs alike, but I'm certain more prevalent things would keep my mind off it. P

I've lived without power and water before, for weeks, and even lived without transportation or shelter aside from that I could walk and find it under trees, or if I happened to have a tent I could use that. I've climbed mountain, hiked trails, and am familiar enough with the hazards of nature.

In contrast, I have walked through some places one might call 'gangland', given money to the poor, talked to homeless and drug addicts on the streets, traveled alone in dangerous territory, and met unwelcome strangers in dark places.

Human beings are adaptable, if they are willing to be. We're also made to survive in the most adverse of conditions, and sometimes against all odds. Sure, we have our limitations, and they may be exceeded, but until then we are capable of anything.

Now think if everyone was suddenly without anything they needed for survival... doesn't matter what you've experienced personally. Now it's kill or be killed

Etherealclams
#16 - 2012-12-25 05:13:38 UTC
I would eat my family. Then eat walls in my house.
Then die.

http://aclamthatrants.blogspot.com/ Read up on my adventures.

Ion Crux
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#17 - 2012-12-25 05:45:08 UTC
I would head toward the forest the city would be the first to become anarchy. I have hunted for over 10 years now. I am good at shooting a bow and arrow. I have about 3 boxes of ammo for my SKS, I have 30 Arrow for my 60 Lbs bow. If there is no chemical i feel that i would be able to defend myself and anyone that would like to come with me. I am a great hunter i usually have about 40 lbs of deer meat, rabbit meat and turkey in my freezer. I am not a apocalypse nut juts like to hunt. So i don't know. If i don't get hurt on the way out of the city maybe a go long time.
Ion Crux
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#18 - 2012-12-25 05:47:15 UTC
Eurydia Vespasian wrote:

They say it only takes 20 days for a normal person to revert back their animal instincts
Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#19 - 2012-12-25 05:58:44 UTC
Ion Crux wrote:
Eurydia Vespasian wrote:

They say it only takes 20 days for a normal person to revert back their animal instincts

Sure, if they've experienced it before... I say an average person would crack after 7 Straight

I went 5 my first time (in training) before I started arguing with a bush

Micheal Dietrich
Kings Gambit Black
#20 - 2012-12-25 07:35:51 UTC
Ion Crux wrote:
Eurydia Vespasian wrote:

Sure, if they've experienced it before... I say an average person would crack after 7 Straight

I went 5 my first time (in training) before I started arguing with a bush

Who won?

123Next pageLast page