These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVE and personality types

Author
Yonis Kador
KADORCORP
#141 - 2012-12-23 14:20:33 UTC
According to two different tests, I'm INFJ. Whatever that means.

Beneath the quiet exterior, INFJs hold deep convictions about the weightier matters of life. Those who are activists -- INFJs gravitate toward such a role -- are there for the cause, not for personal glory or political power.

INFJs are champions of the oppressed and downtrodden. They often are found in the wake of an emergency, rescuing those who are in acute distress. INFJs may fantasize about getting revenge on those who victimize the defenseless. The concept of 'poetic justice' is appealing to the INFJ.

Accurately suspicious about others' motives, INFJs are not easily led. These are the people that you can rarely fool any of the time. Though affable and sympathetic to most, INFJs are selective about their friends. Such a friendship is a symbiotic bond that transcends mere words.

INFJs have a knack for fluency in language and facility in communication. In addition, nonverbal sensitivity enables the INFJ to know and be known by others intimately.

Writing, counseling, public service and even politics are areas where INFJs frequently find their niche.
Not Politically Correct
Doomheim
#142 - 2012-12-23 14:55:22 UTC
Independent Thinker
Elrich Kouvo
Doomheim
#143 - 2012-12-23 20:06:09 UTC
Yonis Kador wrote:
According to two different tests, I'm INFJ. Whatever that means.

Beneath the quiet exterior, INFJs hold deep convictions about the weightier matters of life. Those who are activists -- INFJs gravitate toward such a role -- are there for the cause, not for personal glory or political power.

INFJs are champions of the oppressed and downtrodden. They often are found in the wake of an emergency, rescuing those who are in acute distress. INFJs may fantasize about getting revenge on those who victimize the defenseless. The concept of 'poetic justice' is appealing to the INFJ.

Accurately suspicious about others' motives, INFJs are not easily led. These are the people that you can rarely fool any of the time. Though affable and sympathetic to most, INFJs are selective about their friends. Such a friendship is a symbiotic bond that transcends mere words.

INFJs have a knack for fluency in language and facility in communication. In addition, nonverbal sensitivity enables the INFJ to know and be known by others intimately.

Writing, counseling, public service and even politics are areas where INFJs frequently find their niche.

Do you find yourself getting involved in the politics of EVE?
Zimmy Zeta
Perkone
Caldari State
#144 - 2012-12-23 20:50:47 UTC
Torakenat wrote:
ENTJ
The Executive

Cheers for another ENTJ!

Apparently we both are the only extroverted people in this thread.

Maybe the stereotype of EVE being a haven for socially awkward nerds is at lest partially true...

I'd like to apologize for the poor quality of the post above and sincerely hope you didn't waste your time reading it. Yes, I do feel bad about it.

Angang Ostus
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#145 - 2012-12-23 21:01:29 UTC
The Dreamy Idealist

Yep
Philboyd Benoit
#146 - 2012-12-23 21:03:25 UTC
The ONLY way to win a personality test is to NOT take the personality test...

Tipsy Titteron
Do You Even Irony Broew
#147 - 2012-12-23 21:12:01 UTC
The Groundbreaking Thinker

Groundbreaking Thinkers like you are charming, enthusiastic persons. You really bubble over with energy and like to take centre stage. You love variety both professionally and privately. You tackle changes consistently with your optimism and firm belief in your own abilities; you are always on the look-out for improvement possibilities. Your excellent communication skills are of great advantage to you. You approach the world with curiosity and openness and master new situations with a great deal of talent for improvising and with resourcefulness. Your spare time is taken up with a large number of hobbies; most Groundbreaking Thinkers like to travel in order to gather as many different impressions as possible. Your personality type is unbeatable at discovering new possibilities.

Am I the only one?
Elrich Kouvo
Doomheim
#148 - 2012-12-23 21:13:43 UTC
Tipsy Titteron wrote:
The Groundbreaking Thinker

Groundbreaking Thinkers like you are charming, enthusiastic persons. You really bubble over with energy and like to take centre stage. You love variety both professionally and privately. You tackle changes consistently with your optimism and firm belief in your own abilities; you are always on the look-out for improvement possibilities. Your excellent communication skills are of great advantage to you. You approach the world with curiosity and openness and master new situations with a great deal of talent for improvising and with resourcefulness. Your spare time is taken up with a large number of hobbies; most Groundbreaking Thinkers like to travel in order to gather as many different impressions as possible. Your personality type is unbeatable at discovering new possibilities.

Am I the only one?

Awesome! Been waiting for one of these. So what have you been thinking?
Tipsy Titteron
Do You Even Irony Broew
#149 - 2012-12-23 21:15:55 UTC
Elrich Kouvo wrote:

What do you mean?
Elrich Kouvo
Doomheim
#150 - 2012-12-23 21:23:03 UTC
Tipsy Titteron wrote:
Elrich Kouvo wrote:

What do you mean?

You share a personality with the likes of Einstein. Maybe you have been thinking about improvements to the game? I would like you to share your thoughts. See if you can think of some ground breaking improvements to EVE Online.
Tipsy Titteron
Do You Even Irony Broew
#151 - 2012-12-23 21:31:47 UTC
Elrich Kouvo wrote:
Tipsy Titteron wrote:
Elrich Kouvo wrote:

What do you mean?

You share a personality with the likes of Einstein. Maybe you have been thinking about improvements to the game? I would like you to share your thoughts. See if you can think of some ground breaking improvements to EVE Online.

I usually spend my EVE time time thinking about what to shoot or where I can find stuff to shoot. Usually also works out pretty good.
Elrich Kouvo
Doomheim
#152 - 2012-12-23 21:53:41 UTC
Tipsy Titteron wrote:
Elrich Kouvo wrote:
Tipsy Titteron wrote:
Elrich Kouvo wrote:

What do you mean?

I usually spend my EVE time time thinking about what to shoot or where I can find stuff to shoot. Usually also works out pretty good.

Ill bet you caught some fights that shocked the other player. Perhaps you out smarted them?
Eurydia Vespasian
Storm Hunters
#153 - 2012-12-23 23:28:35 UTC
Zimmy Zeta wrote:
Torakenat wrote:
ENTJ
The Executive

Cheers for another ENTJ!

Maybe the stereotype of EVE being a haven for socially awkward nerds is at lest partially true...

i don't think i took that one.
Elrich Kouvo
Doomheim
#154 - 2012-12-23 23:31:11 UTC
Zimmy Zeta wrote:
Torakenat wrote:
ENTJ
The Executive

Cheers for another ENTJ!

I started to wonder that. From the data so far there are plenty of "Analytical Thinkers" and a few more "Dreamy Idealist". Maybe its the spreadsheets and possibilities?
malron Tzash
All-Out
White Stag Exit Bag
#155 - 2012-12-23 23:40:04 UTC
-ground breaking thinker

There is no instance of a nation benefitting from prolonged warfare. Sun Tzu

Eurydia Vespasian
Storm Hunters
#156 - 2012-12-23 23:45:59 UTC
Eurydia Vespasian wrote:
Zimmy Zeta wrote:
Torakenat wrote:
ENTJ
The Executive

Cheers for another ENTJ!

i don't think i took that one.

well i took this one now and i got:

ESFJ