These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

NPC Tracking Disruption Feedback

First post
Author
Larloch TheAncient
Freindly Mining Corporation
#141 - 2012-12-20 15:23:26 UTC
While I almost HATE to admit it, the recent path (where they "worked" on the percentages helped alot.

TD'ing still cripples your Isk/H capability and is very very difficult to run plexes.

However this is a vast improvement over what it was when it first was introduced in which it was litterally "impossible" to run them with "only turrent" dps.
Inkarr Hashur
Skyline Federation
#142 - 2012-12-20 15:24:56 UTC
Semvar wrote:
This is absolutely ridiculous. I had a Sansha BS in a level 4 mission burning away from me at 40K and ZERO transversal with a single TD on me and I couldn't hit him and it could easily tank my drone damage (granted I don't have Amarr drone spec 5). As of this evening, the TD's are still being permanently applied, even when the module isn't turned on (can even still see the debuff visual effect while no TD being reported to the UI).

I don't care what the excuse is. A single TD should not be enough to completely disable a turret ship and completely mitigate the DPS of that ship permanently. At least before this, I could do about half damage with scorch at range with a single TD on me. Two and I was useless.

Amarr drone spec 5 wouldn't help.
Da Grim Reaper
Doomheim
#143 - 2012-12-20 17:48:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Da Grim Reaper
Did Blockade against Sansha, took me 2 hours, due to lack of tracking in Arty ship.
Did blockade against Angels, took me less than 1 hour in same ship.

I had no worry of being popped, I just had to slowly eat down the disrupting ships with Tech 1 drones because my guns just would not hit.

1 disruptor was not so bad, 2 was still doable, but with 3 on me I could do nothing but gain range and then when out of decent disruptor range, send them a long range greeting. (or wait for my drones if they were not being shot)

Mission is doable, but very long.
Alayna Le'line
#144 - 2012-12-22 14:24:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Alayna Le'line
I still got permadamped down to like 15km range in Recon 1/3 against Serpentis, by the time I was actually able to start DOING something all ships had already spawned and were hammering me from THEIR optimal and I actually had to warp out. Wouldn't be too bad if there wasn't always at least one that stays at 50km range or I'd bring in a Blasterthron, but nooo, then I have to chase one that stays 50km out or redock and change ships/guns to get that last one down.

Between the nerf to mission income, the stealth nerf to salvage, the new drone AI and these ridiculous EWAR situations missions just aren't viable to sustain any sort of playstyle.
Sodohm
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#145 - 2012-12-23 11:31:17 UTC
Alayna Le'line wrote:
I still got permadamped down to like 15km range in Recon 1/3 against Serpentis, by the time I was actually able to start DOING something all ships had already spawned and were hammering me from THEIR optimal and I actually had to warp out. Wouldn't be too bad if there wasn't always at least one that stays at 50km range or I'd bring in a Blasterthron, but nooo, then I have to chase one that stays 50km out or redock and change ships/guns to get that last one down.

Between the nerf to mission income, the stealth nerf to salvage, the new drone AI and these ridiculous EWAR situations missions just aren't viable to sustain any sort of playstyle.

You know you're not supposed to fight in recon, right ?
Rocket D'ni
x Infected x
#146 - 2012-12-23 13:27:00 UTC
Larloch TheAncient wrote:
While I almost HATE to admit it, the recent path (where they "worked" on the percentages helped alot.

TD'ing still cripples your Isk/H capability and is very very difficult to run plexes.

However this is a vast improvement over what it was when it first was introduced in which it was litterally "impossible" to run them with "only turrent" dps.

Lol i cant imagine what it was like before last patch but after the expansion.

As it stands now what i do is not possible for making my iskies in L5's. I never lost the full 4x tracking disruptors that were on field. Thought they'd dimish after the couple minutes I spent killing the 2 scramble frigates with drones i had to deploy no wait pull them in theyre dying. Ok deploy, ah almost got the frigate dead but need to pull them. Ok redeploy killed it this time, move on to next ..no wait better pull that one drone back in.......
Alayna Le'line
#147 - 2012-12-23 13:28:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Alayna Le'line
Sodohm wrote:
Alayna Le'line wrote:

I know I have the option not to fight in recon, yes. At least, it used to be an option.
hmskrecik
TransMine Group
Gluten Free Cartel
#148 - 2012-12-23 17:39:07 UTC
Sodohm wrote:
Alayna Le'line wrote:

Bounties on those battleships give some indication on the contrary...
Tildah
Dosadi Inc.
#149 - 2012-12-24 02:14:56 UTC
Is this considered "fixed" because if it is might as well dump all sansha missions in the garbage.

Tildah
Zoltan Lazar
#150 - 2012-12-24 07:29:31 UTC
This doesn't seem fixed to me. I tried to run a CHAIN Mindflood Distribution Base earlier today. My 45km falloff was 8km half the time, and less than 15km most of the time. I had to warp in and out with sensor boosters so I could lock and alpha the TD'ing frigs.

Tracking disruption gives far too much of an advantage to missile boats. It's almost worse than ECM, since you can fit ECCM to mostly get around ECM, and ECM is so clearly impossible to work with that CCP has nerfed to to a manageable level.

The best way to fix tracking disruption is to make NPC have severe stacking penalties, so that multiple TD'ing enemies means that you're simply perma TD'd in an ~30% way, rather than super disrupted half the time and mostly disrupted the rest of the time.

As well, tracking computers should give a direct reduction in TD effectiveness, similar to capacitor batteries and neuts/nos.
Gibbo5771
AQUILA INC
Verge of Collapse
#151 - 2012-12-24 19:32:29 UTC
Adapt?

Fit an MWD on your Paladin and use the web bonus to hold them rather than bitching like a little ******, at least when you are TD'd you can still bloody fire unlike the holy god mode ECM, goes for both pve and pvp.
Goat Poker
Penumbra Institute
#152 - 2012-12-24 22:52:40 UTC
Gibbo5771 wrote:
Adapt?

Fit an MWD on your Paladin and use the web bonus to hold them rather than bitching like a little ******, at least when you are TD'd you can still bloody fire unlike the holy god mode ECM, goes for both pve and pvp.

You sound mad. And we all thank you for the useful post. Burn to within 6km of every td'ing ship in a battleship that needs cap to run its reps. Good stuff.
Funky Lazers
Funk Freakers
#153 - 2012-12-25 00:24:01 UTC
Goat Poker wrote:
Gibbo5771 wrote:
Adapt?

You sound mad. And we all thank you for the useful post. Burn to within 6km of every td'ing ship in a battleship that needs cap to run its reps. Good stuff.

You also forgot to mention the absence of Tracking on the Guns after being TDed. Even if you could get to the 6km range the target must be standing still in order to hit it. Since smaller ships tend to move fast even after being webbed, your chances to hit the target are like 1%.

Also Adapted people usually troll even if they don't want to. So leave him be.

Whatever.

Frozen Eddie Johnson
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#154 - 2012-12-25 04:51:20 UTC
Gibbo5771 wrote:
Adapt?

Yep, lets MWD into less than 10KM range using an armor brick of a ship that also has severe cap, powergrid, and tracking issues without said MWD. Lets "Adapt"! I love people giving advice when they clearly have no idea what they're talking about.
Turelus
Utassi Security
#155 - 2012-12-25 08:08:56 UTC
Sorry for my silence in the thread for a while I have actually been playing SWTOR most of my free time because I can actually enjoy it! (no really, that's the case)

I went to try and run an anomaly last night and got three BS spawn and TD me, I was there for a while plinking away doing nothing, switch to long range ammo and even when they were in range I couldn't track them.
With more than one BS you're pretty much relying on luck now that they all stop using their EWAR long enough to kill something, from my experience though this doesn't happen. The three last night would stagger their TDs and only stop using it for a very short time, add the bug where the EWAR effects are still applied when nothing is happening and you're useless.

I'm going to get some fraps footage of this, more screenshot and then try sending CCP more twitters and post in their feedback thread again. I'll do my best to make them aware there are still a lot of problems.

Honestly though I can see them fixing the "EWAR effects while no EWAR" but I get the feeling from their silence and how they only addressed the "NPCs always using EWAR" as the problem last time that CCP are happy with how they work now.

I think what we're all looking for though is

1. Fix to the bug where they keep applying TD effects while not doing it
2. Modified stacking of NPC EWAR so you're not crippled completely.

Turelus CEO Utassi Security

Gibbo5771
AQUILA INC
Verge of Collapse
#156 - 2012-12-25 11:34:02 UTC
Frozen Eddie Johnson wrote:
Gibbo5771 wrote:
Adapt?

Yep, lets MWD into less than 10KM range using an armor brick of a ship that also has severe cap, powergrid, and tracking issues without said MWD. Lets "Adapt"! I love people giving advice when they clearly have no idea what they're talking about.

I love how carebears complain about cap issues, pg issues and tracking issues when flying a PVE ship. Adapt or **** off, simple as. No wonder half you idiots reside in highsec or farm anoms.
Sgt LoveDragon
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#157 - 2012-12-25 12:13:58 UTC
Gibbo5771 wrote:
Gibbo5771 wrote:
Adapt?

I love how carebears complain about cap issues, pg issues and tracking issues when flying a PVE ship. Adapt or **** off, simple as. No wonder half you idiots reside in highsec or farm anoms.

You still sound so mad. Its christmas m8.
Frozen Eddie Johnson
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#158 - 2012-12-25 13:25:27 UTC
Sgt LoveDragon wrote:
Gibbo5771 wrote:
Gibbo5771 wrote:
Adapt?

You still sound so mad. Its christmas m8.

Yep, he definitely mad still.
Jose Montalvo
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#159 - 2012-12-25 18:37:29 UTC
CCP Dev's my battleship turrets are still been tracking disrupted even after the rats stop TD you. This is not fix, my tachyon with radio are down to 10km when i encounter a 4 Tracking Disrupt BS's spawn in the anomalies. The only way the effects dissapear is then by somie miracle your drones destroy the ships. Please take a little bit of time and test this properly in a Sansha Forsaken Hub and you will understand the meaning of rage. I know that im not the only one experiencing this kind of problem, the community is speaking and giving feedback to you, use it wisely and properly.

Note: Ohh btw sniper fits are also affected so dont tell me thats a solution, when all the people that try to make isk within regions where Sansha NPC's are the local pirates knows it.
Spc One
The Chodak
Void Alliance
#160 - 2012-12-25 21:57:30 UTC
10 Friends of mine quit eve because of hard npc changes.
So much for new AI.