These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Got the exact same gifts on both my accounts?

Author
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2012-12-20 22:06:29 UTC
What gives? I thought they were random.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Wilhelm Riley
Doomheim
#2 - 2012-12-20 22:09:28 UTC
Maybe they are random and you randomly got two sets of identical gifts? Just trade the second set for the stuff you don't have, it's all roughly the same value anyway.
Malphilos
State War Academy
Caldari State
#3 - 2012-12-20 22:23:52 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

Pseudo random, like everything else.
Dave stark
#4 - 2012-12-20 22:26:39 UTC
i love how people think random events can't happen more than once in a row. if they couldn't they wouldn't be random.
PhatController
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#5 - 2012-12-20 22:27:31 UTC
There maybe a few dozen "Sets" of gifts and you randomly get a set.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2012-12-20 22:29:26 UTC  |  Edited by: James Amril-Kesh
Dave stark wrote:
i love how people think random events can't happen more than once in a row. if they couldn't they wouldn't be random.

It makes more sense if you look at it in terms of sets, but at first I thought it was a set of randomly chosen items, not a randomly chosen set of pre-picked items. Getting two of the exact same set in the former scheme is rather unlikely.

Mag's
Azn Empire
#7 - 2012-12-20 22:31:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Mag's
I have all the collection, except that missing 27th card. Evil

Edit: I can now see my post didn't help at all and I apologize. Oops

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

ISVRaDa
Iberians
#8 - 2012-12-20 22:31:40 UTC
Not for me.

[b][i]Immortality is only a word. All that exists can die. Every living thing has a weapon against which it has no defense. Time. Disease. Iron. Guilt.

¿ What can change the nature of a man ?[/i][/b]

Shepard Wong Ogeko
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2012-12-20 22:32:40 UTC
Both my accounts got the same stuff also.

Maybe lightening does strike twice.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#10 - 2012-12-20 22:33:23 UTC
Anyway I'm not mad or anything, I just thought it was curious.

March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2012-12-20 22:33:31 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

the same is here.

maybe this set differs for real pilots? Shocked and CCP knows who is who? Lol

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Dave stark
#12 - 2012-12-20 22:33:52 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Dave stark wrote:

It makes more sense if you look at it in terms of sets, but at first I thought it was a set of randomly chosen items, not a randomly chosen set of pre-picked items. Getting two of the exact same set in the former scheme is rather unlikely.

it doesn't matter how likely it is; it can happen.
yet you make a post about it as if it's some kind of impossibility that has somehow happened?
Mag's
Azn Empire
#13 - 2012-12-20 22:34:15 UTC
On a side note, I recall a story regarding the random shuffle on iPods having to be scripted to not be random. It seems true random is not random enough.

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Dave stark
#14 - 2012-12-20 22:37:56 UTC
Mag's wrote:
On a side note, I recall a story regarding the random shuffle on iPods having to be scripted to not be random. It seems true random is not random enough.

computer's can't do true random.
Fergus Runkle
Truth and Reconciliation Council
#15 - 2012-12-20 22:42:02 UTC
Same here, the identical gift set on two accounts.

I saw this in a channel earlier, in relation to CCP's random number generator Lol

http://www.dilbert.com/strips/comic/2001-10-25/
Mag's
Azn Empire
#16 - 2012-12-20 22:47:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Mag's
Dave stark wrote:
Mag's wrote:

computer's can't do true random.
OK I was wrong in using the term true. Pseudo would have been better. My point was even when we get a good random generator, the random part needs to be throttled back, to not be so random. Or far too random, so our brain see it otherwise. If you know what I mean.

Now I'm waffling.

Pyre leFay
Retired Pilots
#17 - 2012-12-20 22:54:24 UTC
Could be as simple as whatever day your started your account is what particular set you got.
Ioci
Bad Girl Posse
Somethin Awfull Forums
#18 - 2012-12-20 23:01:04 UTC
Pyre leFay wrote:
Could be as simple as whatever day your started your account is what particular set you got.

I didn't see a pattern based on who was skill training, the main or who took the gifts. I got the Amarr pack on a Matar alt for a Gallente main. The Minmatar pack on a Caldari main and so on. I found many of the commodities to be tied to their frigate but as stated, it's all good. Based on the stack of festival launchers I have, nothing they offered is out of reach.

Thanks CCP

R.I.P. Vile Rat

Sara Mars
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#19 - 2012-12-20 23:02:21 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

Fap fap fap, if more people spent less time crying on the forums about stupid stuff this game would be better....
Gotch Urarse
IronPig
Sev3rance
#20 - 2012-12-20 23:09:14 UTC
4 accounts, for dirty Amarr ships.... go figure
12Next page