These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

Retribution Was Great. What's Next?

First post
Author
Fix Lag
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2012-12-19 14:27:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Fix Lag
CCP has finally managed to make an expansion that undeniably made the game better by a considerable margin. Fozzie and co. have started the process of balancing ships, and it seems like they're doing a pretty sweet job. Bounties are hilarious and functional. Highsec protection has been buffed and hands are being held (this is a bad thing, by the way). Salvage drones, when they actually work, are pretty useful.


But what's the next expansion going to be about? Sure, balancing ships and all is nice, but Eve badly needs a lot of other stuff overhauled. POSes and corporation management are antiquated shitpiles. Sov warfare is miserably unfun. Nullsec hasn't seen anything new since Dominion, which, though marginally better than the previous system, completely failed to deliver anything past the basic "claim space" functionaility, and even that breaks routinely. Wormholes haven't been touched since Apocrypha--though perhaps that's a good thing, because CCP has a habit of breaking working things. Eve's industrial capacity is terribly broken in favor of highsec NPC station production. Mining....well, it's mining. Everyone does it afk in Mackinaws, which should have told CCP something, but after the recent dev blog on the situation it appears as though the economists are stuffing their fingers in their ears and shouting "LALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU" as players point out how bad the mining barge changes were. CCP removed functionality with the jukebox--I can't believe I'm saying this--that they managed to not replace with something else, despite the jukebox being completely broken, so Eve's sound is somehow in even worse shape than before. Ship explosion effects are distinctly worse. Lag, thanks in most part to CCP Veritas, is mostly gone, although the major fleet fights that used to cause it are also absent at the moment, so there's that. Dust is supposed to be released ... some time in the future, but as of now there's nothing concrete tying it to Eve Online in a meaningful way.


There's a whole bunch of things CCP could be working on. So, what's planned?

CCP mostly sucks at their job, but Veritas is a pretty cool dude.

Simetraz
State War Academy
Caldari State
#2 - 2012-12-19 14:29:44 UTC
Go to Fan Fest and find out Lol
Akrasjel Lanate
Lanate Industries
#3 - 2012-12-19 14:30:14 UTC
Fix Lag wrote:
Highsec protection has been buffed and hands are being held

In what way may i ask Shocked

CEO of Lanate Industries

Citizen of Solitude

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#4 - 2012-12-19 14:32:09 UTC
Fix Lag wrote:
CCP has finally managed to make an expansion that undeniably made the game better by a considerable margin. Fozzie and co. have started the process of balancing ships, and it seems like they're doing a pretty sweet job. Bounties are hilarious and functional. Highsec protection has been buffed and hands are being held (this is a bad thing, by the way). Salvage drones, when they actually work, are pretty useful.


But what's the next expansion going to be about? Sure, balancing ships and all is nice, but Eve badly needs a lot of other stuff overhauled. POSes and corporation management are antiquated shitpiles. Sov warfare is miserably unfun. Nullsec hasn't seen anything new since Dominion, which, though marginally better than the previous system, completely failed to deliver anything past the basic "claim space" functionaility, and even that breaks routinely. Wormholes haven't been touched since Apocrypha--though perhaps that's a good thing, because CCP has a habit of breaking working things. Eve's industrial capacity is terribly broken in favor of highsec NPC station production. Mining....well, it's mining. Everyone does it afk in Mackinaws, which should have told CCP something, but after the recent dev blog on the situation it appears as though the economists are stuffing their fingers in their ears and shouting "LALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU" as players point out how bad the mining barge changes were. CCP removed functionality with the jukebox--I can't believe I'm saying this--that they managed to not replace with something else, despite the jukebox being completely broken, so Eve's sound is somehow in even worse shape than before. Ship explosion effects are distinctly worse. Lag, thanks in most part to CCP Veritas, is mostly gone, although the major fleet fights that used to cause it are also absent at the moment, so there's that. Dust is supposed to be released ... some time in the future, but as of now there's nothing concrete tying it to Eve Online in a meaningful way.


There's a whole bunch of things CCP could be working on. So, what's planned?



Considering that there are parts of the minutes from last weeks CSM summit are NDA'd, how can you even have the temerity to expect us to know ?

Strange question actually. I guarantee you will know in 4 months.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Fix Lag
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2012-12-19 14:41:20 UTC
I have learned not to expect what CCP shows at Fanfest to ever make it into the game unless they're releasing it within a month or two of the event.

By the way, I'm still waiting on space elevators, CCP. Chop chop. How 'bout some of those fancy-pants sov improvements that were promised during Fanfests past?


CCP likes to throw out cool-sounding ideas that they've spitballed at Fanfest, not necessarily ones that they will act upon.

CCP mostly sucks at their job, but Veritas is a pretty cool dude.

Pyre leFay
Generals Of Destruction Syndicate
Goonswarm Federation
#6 - 2012-12-19 14:53:49 UTC
Fix Lag wrote:
I have learned not to expect what CCP shows at Fanfest to ever make it into the game unless they're releasing it within a month or two of the event.

By the way, I'm still waiting on space elevators, CCP. Chop chop. How 'bout some of those fancy-pants sov improvements that were promised during Fanfests past?


CCP likes to throw out cool-sounding ideas that they've spitballed at Fanfest, not necessarily ones that they will act upon.

And plenty they have acted upon as well. In the 2012 fanfest, just about everything they said they wanted in Inferno was there.
Though Fanfest does revolve around the far future and fantastical ideals, there is plenty of info on current objectives.
Fix Lag
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2012-12-19 15:00:26 UTC
You really do have a knack for being an obnoxious butte, Krixtal.

In regards to Pyro, yes, they'll announce what they already have partially coded. But since they don't say "hey, we've already made a lot of progress on feature x" because that would be stupid and defeat the whole point of NDAs, it's difficult if nigh impossible to tell the difference between what they think about maybe doing :18 months: from now and what's a definite feature for the next expansion.

CCP mostly sucks at their job, but Veritas is a pretty cool dude.

Simetraz
State War Academy
Caldari State
#8 - 2012-12-19 15:15:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Simetraz
I do have to ask Fix.
Why did you think any other player would have any more information on the next expansion then you do.
If a player does have even a possible list (beyond rumor and guess work) that would be covered under a NDA.

So unless CCP wants to talk about it... well....
Arkadelphia
Origin.
Fraternity.
#9 - 2012-12-19 15:20:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Arkadelphia
Hopefully battlecruiser and battleships. Again, hopefully that won't take a year and we can see it this spring/summer. After that I think minor t2 buff to make them slightly superior in response to the new t1 buffs..hope that can be done in a simple patch, not an expansion.

Then realistically dust will be rolling in and who knows what all that could bring...likely some capital and super cap changes as they will likely play more role in the planet interaction with dust.

More pirate ships !!! Their are some combinations that do not exist Big smile
Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#10 - 2012-12-19 15:22:47 UTC
Christmas is next

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Pyre leFay
Generals Of Destruction Syndicate
Goonswarm Federation
#11 - 2012-12-19 15:24:00 UTC
Arkadelphia wrote:

More pirate ships !!! Their are some combinations that do not exist Big smile


And with the battlecruiser changes would come the skill changes. Allowing for pirate Destroyers and Battlecrusiers with mixed racial training.
Dark Assassin15
Failed Diplomacy
#12 - 2012-12-19 15:31:27 UTC
posting in a stealth buff nullsec thread.....

[img]http://www.invokemethod.com/repo/failedsig.png[/img]

Fix Lag
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2012-12-19 15:52:58 UTC
Simetraz wrote:
So unless CCP wants to talk about it... well....


I'm hoping they at least mention something.

CCP mostly sucks at their job, but Veritas is a pretty cool dude.

Imports Plus
Doomheim
#14 - 2012-12-19 16:10:09 UTC
Fix Lag wrote:
Retribution Was Great. What's Next?


EVE Online: Farms & Fields

SmileLolBear
Ayumi Nevinyrall
E-Baba
#15 - 2012-12-19 16:33:04 UTC
Simetraz wrote:
Go to Fan Fest and find out Lol

This!!!

...

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#16 - 2012-12-19 20:41:15 UTC
Quote:

Retribution Was Great. What's Next?


The irony of this thread being started less than a month into Retribution is hilarious.

Mr Epeen Cool
Darenthul
Anstard Armory Inc.
#17 - 2012-12-19 20:43:42 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
Quote:

Retribution Was Great. What's Next?


The irony of this thread being started less than a month into Retribution is hilarious.

Mr Epeen Cool


<3

In all seriousness, I can kinda understand it, as far as raw "gameplay" terms, if you aren't a bounty hunter or wanting the new destroyers, the expansion really didn't add anything sizeable to work on, so I can kinda see the request for information.

But CCP is usually really really good about telling us what they're working on, I'm sure we'll know sooner rather than later.

"I find mining to be an incredibly relaxing thing to do after work. It's like fishing without waking up early. Or cold. But the beer, the beer is the same." - arramdaywalker

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#18 - 2012-12-19 20:57:26 UTC
Next expansion will introduce incursions by roving bands of space ponies, bigger and smaller titans, thrashers that shoot sharks with lazer beams on their heads, an open door which leads to a hallway with more locked doors, a new race that rides space whales instead of ships, 4 additional noobships with outlandish bonuses favoring PvE, drones that turn feral when abandoned and band together and rampage across the system, system wide bounties allowing you to place bounties on everyone in a system at that time, new jump drives that dont use cynos but instantly jump you into the largest blob on the map and disable your ship for 90 seconds, AoE damage with ship explosions, salvagable corpses, and 3 new isk faucets (to be announced).

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Gogela
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#19 - 2012-12-19 23:00:32 UTC
They said in a recent interview the Tags for security status thing is coming up, but I can't find that article now. Overall they are still going to focus on improving existing systems for the next year or two according to this interview. This interview suggests that might include some new features though (so for instance while the new POS system is a new system, it's also repairing an old system... at least that's how I read it. What do I know though...)

Signatures should be used responsibly...

ISD Suvetar
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#20 - 2012-12-20 00:03:02 UTC
Thread cleaned up slightly.

[b]ISD Suvetar Captain/Commando Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs) Interstellar Services Department[/b]

12Next page