These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

"Mini" Incursions?

First post
Author
Darenthul
Anstard Armory Inc.
#1 - 2012-12-19 19:19:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Darenthul
Was talking to my brother about this today, we're positioned over in Metropolis, and the nearest Incursions are always way across space from us. We were talking about how we wish things would be more hostile around our area, with the Angel Cartel vs Minmatar and the Amarr vs Minmatar, it'd be much more interesting if there were smaller, constant incursions happening daily around the regions from other factions besides Sansha.

So what are the chances we'll ever seen incursions from other factions (even main factions, such as Amarr attacking Minmatar held space for instance) or way more commonly throughout the regions instead of occasionally en masse somewhere?

Would be interesting to see how, for instance, the Amarr might enslave a Minmatar constellation until we can drive them out, and how it would play into a more dynamic storytelling system. Also could make mining slightly more dangerous if all of a sudden your constellation gets locked down by Amarr rats.

"I find mining to be an incredibly relaxing thing to do after work. It's like fishing without waking up early. Or cold. But the beer, the beer is the same." - arramdaywalker

Pyre leFay
Generals Of Destruction Syndicate
Goonswarm Federation
#2 - 2012-12-19 19:24:59 UTC
Incursion was a test bed for this kind of pve. Making for a more dynamic landscape forcing people to move around either in or out of the area.
A incursion like system in which the local pirate groups: gurista in caldari, blood raider in amarr, serpentis in gallente, angel in minmatar have a spike of activity could totally be feasible.
Yet there is a whole boat load of other projects that I think weigh heavier on Eves future than more random pve events.
Darenthul
Anstard Armory Inc.
#3 - 2012-12-19 19:27:45 UTC
Pyre leFay wrote:
Incursion was a test bed for this kind of pve. Making for a more dynamic landscape forcing people to move around either in or out of the area.
A incursion like system in which the local pirate groups: gurista in caldari, blood raider in amarr, serpentis in gallente, angel in minmatar have a spike of activity could totally be feasible.
Yet there is a whole boat load of other projects that I think weigh heavier on Eves future than more random pve events.

I like to imagine the development team is separated into many divisions because of things like this however ;) features and such aren't mutually exclusive development-wise.

But I figured that was the case, the stale "scan down haven, clear haven, profit" doesn't work too well for me, there's never any sites, and the best PvE content is just repeatable missions (of which I get the same set of them over and over again it seems.)

"I find mining to be an incredibly relaxing thing to do after work. It's like fishing without waking up early. Or cold. But the beer, the beer is the same." - arramdaywalker

Cindy Marco
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2012-12-19 19:28:20 UTC
I think it would be really awesome to have smaller scale "Incursion" type events conducted by the local pirates.

Hopefully we see them someday.
Imports Plus
Doomheim
#5 - 2012-12-19 19:32:20 UTC
Like everything- the highsec PVE community would turn it into a monotonous exercise in farmability, afk-ability and isk/hr.
Darenthul
Anstard Armory Inc.
#6 - 2012-12-19 19:34:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Darenthul
Imports Plus wrote:
Like everything- the highsec PVE community would turn it into a monotonous exercise in farmability, afk-ability and isk/hr.

That's not what this thread is about. Please take your bile elsewhere, there's at least 5 other threads for you guys to debate this crap in.

Energetic Monk
Wayforward Emergent Technologies
#7 - 2012-12-19 19:45:21 UTC
Imports Plus wrote:

Is there such a thing as a highsec only PVE-community? I've seen numerous threads/posts by low/null dwellers doing PVE in highsec, because there's no profit in PVE income in low/null regardless the higher payout there.
The only ones that by the looks doesn't care that much about highsec are people in W-space.
Darenthul
Anstard Armory Inc.
#8 - 2012-12-19 19:49:13 UTC
Energetic Monk wrote:
Imports Plus wrote:

Is there such a thing as a highsec only PVE-community? I've seen numerous threads/posts by low/null dwellers doing PVE in highsec, because there's no profit in PVE income in low/null regardless the higher payout there.
The only ones that by the looks doesn't care that much about highsec are people in W-space.

I have a few friends who run L4's repeatedly in high-sec, but that's because they're super casuals anyway who only play a few hours a week at most. They just grind up standings and upgrade their characters slowly.

Not my kinda thing honestly.

DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2012-12-19 19:58:00 UTC
Like the idea of the other Pirate Factions doing mini incursions in their own specific areas.

As for an Empire Faction taking over another Factions system, that's what Factional Warfare is all about.

DMC
Darenthul
Anstard Armory Inc.
#10 - 2012-12-19 19:58:53 UTC
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
Like the idea of the other Pirate Factions doing mini incursions in their own specific areas.

As for an Empire Faction taking over another Factions system, that's what Factional Warfare is all about.

DMC

Not even temporarily?

I feel like the story of EVE is about little conflicts like that, sure the missions show us fighting Amarr sometimes, but as a Minmatar I'd like to be able to run the Amarr out of my homeland if they ever encroach and see the effects directly.

Jerick Ludhowe
Internet Tuff Guys
#11 - 2012-12-19 20:10:27 UTC
Imports Plus wrote:

Make it require 4-5 people per site, and put it in low sec. Isk per hour (not including faction lp gain) should be in the 50-80m area.
Alara IonStorm
#12 - 2012-12-19 20:11:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Alara IonStorm
An idea for a little less dynamic mission now that we have new Logi I would like to see group missions for newbies Lvl 1-2-3 designed around full Incursion tactics, fast target switch Multi Dmg types, different EWAR, enemy logi, enemy command boosts.

Not so much something for the grinder and more hubs for newer players to work together. A Station channel, basic instructions on the use of Logi and buffer tanks and a variety of gated missions built for newer players.

Lvl 1 = Average Lvl 2 Income. T1 Destroyer down.
Lvl 2 = Average Lvl 3 Income. T1 Cruisers down.
Lvl 3 = Average Lvl4 Income. T1 Battlecruisers down.
Mobile Incursions = Current Rewards.

So if you are max skill in a Max Skill Faction Fit Battlecruiser doing 3's you don't make more then doing Lvl 4's in a faction Battleship. More a system to play together especially for newer players.

If they could swing it, it might be fun and help newbies make connections early outside the help channel with other newbies and vets that might hang around and help out.
ACE McFACE
Dirt 'n' Glitter
Local Is Primary
#13 - 2012-12-19 23:21:59 UTC
Darenthul wrote:
Was talking to my brother about this today, we're positioned over in Metropolis, and the nearest Incursions are always way across space from us. We were talking about how we wish things would be more hostile around our area, with the Angel Cartel vs Minmatar and the Amarr vs Minmatar, it'd be much more interesting if there were smaller, constant incursions happening daily around the regions from other factions besides Sansha.

So what are the chances we'll ever seen incursions from other factions (even main factions, such as Amarr attacking Minmatar held space for instance) or way more commonly throughout the regions instead of occasionally en masse somewhere?

Would be interesting to see how, for instance, the Amarr might enslave a Minmatar constellation until we can drive them out, and how it would play into a more dynamic storytelling system. Also could make mining slightly more dangerous if all of a sudden your constellation gets locked down by Amarr rats.

You just described FW + a little bit of imagination.

Now, more than ever, we need a dislike button.

Darenthul
Anstard Armory Inc.
#14 - 2012-12-19 23:31:07 UTC
ACE McFACE wrote:
Darenthul wrote:

You just described FW + a little bit of imagination.

Really? Honestly I haven't touched FW, I always assumed it was something alliances/major corps did.

ISD Suvetar
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#15 - 2012-12-19 23:45:03 UTC
Off-topic derailment removed.

Please stay on-topic!

[b]ISD Suvetar Captain/Commando Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs) Interstellar Services Department[/b]

Mirima Thurander
#16 - 2012-12-20 00:03:43 UTC
Imports Plus wrote:

U mean just like null sec players do with PvP and killboreds?

All automated intel should be removed from the game including Instant local/jumps/kills/cynos for all systems/regions.Eve should report nothing like this to the client/3rd party software.Intel should not be force fed to players. Player skill and iniative should be the sources of intel.

Darenthul
Anstard Armory Inc.
#17 - 2012-12-20 00:23:22 UTC
ISD Suvetar wrote:
Off-topic derailment removed.

Please stay on-topic!

Thank you.

Julius Priscus
#18 - 2012-12-20 00:44:26 UTC
DeMichael Crimson wrote:

DMC

I say CCP should do a faction version of incursions.

Minmatar invasions in Amarr space , Amarr into Minmatar space etc..

ofc there ould be no tags dropping as incvome would be the same as that of Sansha incursions and lp would be tradable in on the defending region corps and at a say 50% conversion their allies.
Julius Priscus
#19 - 2012-12-20 00:45:20 UTC
oh and thoise that wanna do "mini" incursions.. just warp to a belt ffs.
Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#20 - 2012-12-20 01:04:49 UTC
Darenthul wrote:
Imports Plus wrote:

That's not what this thread is about. Please take your bile elsewhere, there's at least 5 other threads for you guys to debate this crap in.

But is he wrong?

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

12Next page