These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

If null sec is so bad Why the heck do you live there?????

First post
Author
Tara Read
Collapsed Out
Pandemic Legion
#81 - 2012-12-19 11:31:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Tara Read
Mistah Ewedynao wrote:
Buff null!

Nerf Hi Sec!

Buff low sec!

Nerf High sec mining, hauling, industry!

Null sec needs moar of everything!

Take more away from high sec!

Seriously, if it is so bad why do you live there?

Because you are kill mail junkies IMO. You just don't realize or care or understand that quite alot of the players in Eve DO NOT FREAKIN ENJOY LOOKING OVER THEIR SHOULDER ALL THE TIME!

I personally play this game to relieve stress, not to create it. You play your way and if the cess pit you have made of null and low sec is what you want then enjoy.

Some of you spend so much time here on the forums I doubt you play much anyway.

Null Sec in it's current state is probably the one thing that can (and will) kill Eve in the future. CCP never intended for Alliances to own more Supers than there are stars on the Eve map and it comes down to a war of attrition or if not just blue everyone. It speaks volumes to the multitude of idiots I meet in my small roams through Null looking for a fight.

Tribal band takes 45 minutes to respond to a suicide Vexor gang in their home system. Nulli Secunda will only engage you if they have 50 people at their back and cyno's on standby to ensure "victory." TEST is the same way and PL hot drops for the lulz.

The biggest smack I get in local is "At least we own SOV." Who is this "we"? Are you a Director? Do you technically own anything or have stake in systems? Hardly. Owning Sov and hitting F1 with an armada of a thousand mouth breathing bafoons is hardly seen as pilot finesse and speaks volumes to lack of individual pilot knowledge and instead turns into War Of The Lemmings.

I remember when Null Sec fights were things of legend. Where Battleship fleets had No bridging and had to use tactics to get into position. Now it's simply get the Titan online and cyno in a moments notice.

The biggest gripe I have is combat has become lazy with these lumbering alliances. Are you losing a fight? Drop a Super. Battlecruiser gang kicking your ass? Drop a Super. Vexor shooting a Poco? Drop a ******* Super. I lived in Null briefly and I can tell you it's the most convoluted politically drama infused hell hole in all of Eve.

if it wasn't for the fact I robbed an Alliance I wouldn't have been there to begin with and the lamest excuse I got from the "Ex BoB" pilots was "We don't have the numbers." Being outgunned is ******* fantastic! There's nothing like engaging a 50 man Nulli fleet with 10 BC's and popping their tackle and watching the tears flow as they forget to cover a gate in their obvious genius.

I'll stick to the confines of Low Sec with small gang fights, ransoms, and an intimacy and comradely not known by pilots in these big alliances. Oh and I'll never suck Mittens **** or bow before some wannabe **** because he holds a "title" or "role".

And for all you pets of TEST and G00NS shame on you spineless fools. Your only useful until your used up. Nothing but mere cannon fodder from the lowliest TEST scrub to the guy who actually believes flying some **** fit Drake makes him useful. The fact you all scatter like rats at the first sign of a neutral proves to everyone you ALL are spineless without backup. Kiss my Jolly Rodger ass.
Shepard Wong Ogeko
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#82 - 2012-12-19 11:54:20 UTC
Tara Read wrote:
Kiss my Jolly Rodger ass.

Tell us how you really feel.

To give you some credit, people won't undock to fight you because they have nothing to really gain from it. Overall, nullsec already has the greatest amount of PvP losses, so you aren't bringing anything to nullsec that nullsec doesn't already have. the only other thing worth doing is ratting, and if you disrupt that, they can go shoot red crosses anywhere.

On the flip side, don't complain that you got outnumbered. It is tired and pathetic, especially when it is common knowledge that nullsec has things like cynos and big fleets. The big fleets are a selling point even if you personally think it is beneath you.
Ptraci
3 R Corporation
#83 - 2012-12-19 11:56:30 UTC
Felicity Love wrote:
NULL is like the bad ol' days of the Klondike and the California gold rushes.... so many made the trip... so few actually found what they were looking for.

The foolish, ended up dead along the way.

Some, never came back.

A few, lived to tell about it.

The rest... got out while the getting was good.

The End.

Roll

But a few of us found gold...
Daniel Whateley
#84 - 2012-12-19 12:16:09 UTC
let me add my comment to this post... null sec has the possibility of getting you a couple of bil isk a day, doing ded's and mag sites, safer than high sec too... cause there is hardly anyone down there, you cant just waltz on in though, you will get caught unless your lucky, especially if you don't know pvp that well once you find a good little place to hold out in

you can earn so much isk its unreal, usually its best to join one of the bigger alliances who live there so you get system upgrades where you can rat (like missions) and earn anything between 10mil to 55mil every 20 minute bounty tick,

i used to fly a xtype vindicator fitted for max damage, raked in 30mil every 20 mins from sansha's - from blasters! got the whole fitting in null sec from ded's, and every time i went out and scanned the 20 something systems i used to scan, i would find about 3 minimum DED's, once i found about 10 ded's was busy the whole day, made 800mil in just overseer's effects, and mag sites i used to ignore just because my arazu i rigged to do them blew up in one... :p

definitely better to go to null sec than stay in high sec, cause you also cant just fly a fully deadspace fit ship and think youll survive jita undock or even anywhere in high sec... concord is there as a penalty not to save your ship, and as for low sec, thats even safer, if you don't like bubbles, a cloak down there would make anything you do easy.

Null sec isn't terrible, if you think it is, your doing it wrong!
Daniel Whateley
#85 - 2012-12-19 12:17:47 UTC
Daniel Whateley wrote:
let me add my comment to this post... null sec has the possibility of getting you a couple of bil isk a day, doing ded's and mag sites, safer than high sec too... cause there is hardly anyone down there, you cant just waltz on in though, you will get caught unless your lucky, especially if you don't know pvp that well.

once you find a good little place to hold out inyou can earn so much isk its unreal, usually its best to join one of the bigger alliances who live there so you get system upgrades where you can rat (like missions) and earn anything between 10mil to 55mil every 20 minute bounty tick,

i used to fly a xtype vindicator fitted for max damage, raked in 30mil every 20 mins from sansha's - from blasters! got the whole fitting in null sec from ded's, and every time i went out and scanned the 20 something systems i used to scan, i would find about 3 minimum DED's, once i found about 10 ded's was busy the whole day, made 800mil in just overseer's effects, and mag sites i used to ignore just because my arazu i rigged to do them blew up in one... :p

definitely better to go to null sec than stay in high sec, cause you also cant just fly a fully deadspace fit ship and think youll survive jita undock or even anywhere in high sec... concord is there as a penalty not to save your ship, and as for low sec, thats even safer, if you don't like bubbles, a cloak down there would make anything you do easy.

Simetraz
State War Academy
Caldari State
#86 - 2012-12-19 12:30:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Simetraz
Well to answer the title of your thread.
Null gives you freedom to do what you want and stake out something that is yours.
Null does have some Issues but fixing would not be easy, and you pretty much have the rip everything apart to do it.
So it won't happen cause the players won't let CCP do what needs to be done.

For the body of your message.
Well the vast majority could care less about high-sec.
Others are jealous of there fellow null-sec's who have alts in high-sec to have the best of both worlds so to speak.
And the grass is always greener on the other side.
And there are some forum dwellers that decided to make a issue out of nothing.
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#87 - 2012-12-19 13:17:31 UTC
Daniel Whateley wrote:
Daniel Whateley wrote:
let me add my comment to this post... null sec has the possibility of getting you a couple of bil isk a day, doing ded's and mag sites, safer than high sec too... cause there is hardly anyone down there, you cant just waltz on in though, you will get caught unless your lucky, especially if you don't know pvp that well.

once you find a good little place to hold out inyou can earn so much isk its unreal, usually its best to join one of the bigger alliances who live there so you get system upgrades where you can rat (like missions) and earn anything between 10mil to 55mil every 20 minute bounty tick,

What if I want to do something other than smoosh red pluses?

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Tara Read
Collapsed Out
Pandemic Legion
#88 - 2012-12-19 13:17:54 UTC
Shepard Wong Ogeko wrote:
Tara Read wrote:
Kiss my Jolly Rodger ass.

Tell us how you really feel.

To give you some credit, people won't undock to fight you because they have nothing to really gain from it. Overall, nullsec already has the greatest amount of PvP losses, so you aren't bringing anything to nullsec that nullsec doesn't already have. the only other thing worth doing is ratting, and if you disrupt that, they can go shoot red crosses anywhere.

On the flip side, don't complain that you got outnumbered. It is tired and pathetic, especially when it is common knowledge that nullsec has things like cynos and big fleets. The big fleets are a selling point even if you personally think it is beneath you.

Outnumbered? It has nothing to do with numbers but everything with personal weakness on your end. You rely upon capital fleets to shore up the lack of knowledgeable sub cap pilots to engage people with. After all you said it yourself. Your main cannon fodder is nothing but bleeding heart Carebears.

You aren't concerned with decent engagements but isk. Your sheep aren't used to combat but rats. So when the time comes you all scatter unless someone gets on the horn to call for backup. THAT is what's killing this game. I could care less if you bring 100 Supers and drop on me.

I do however care if it's because your little worker bee's are too chicken **** to figure out it's not just Orbit and click F1. Your Alliance is turning Eve into a sandbox of mundane and mediocre combat. The proof is in the pudding. Eve is nothing but a war of Attrition plain and simple.
psycho freak
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#89 - 2012-12-19 13:20:43 UTC
Alot players think o.o is the endgame

they think
empire = starter
losec = intermidiate
o.o = pro

well in actual fact its bull eve is a mmorg were you pay your sub you live and do what you like

most players iv flown with over the years including my self have left o.o and returned to losec not becouse of isk makeing or anything els to do with is

its becouse we like to play the game our way and not be a lemming or sheep
ppl still live o.o becouse they like it most ppl dont so they leave

i dont like blobing,beeing told were i can mine,rat, farm nom,put pos up or listning to some emo tard high on internet spaceship power

but its in some ppls nature to follow and be part of a heard

my spelling sux brb find phone number for someone who gives a fu*k

nop cant find it

Zoctrine
Doomheim
#90 - 2012-12-19 13:26:00 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
You were perfectly fine with being in the largest blue coalition in history to take down the NC

C.A.O.D. is That Way -------->

Malcanis wrote:
Same Crap Over and Over Again...

C.A.O.D. is That Way -------->

RomeStar wrote:
Claims HS is Better over NS

Hmmm... Move to HighSec? Kinda an easy one, no?

Proletariat Tingtango wrote:
boy ima bounty you n pop you upside the head for being that dumb.

pay more attention in class when school resumes.

Remove the mirror in front of you and please, by all means “do” play attention in school...
Zoctrine
Doomheim
#91 - 2012-12-19 13:26:31 UTC
No More Heroes wrote:
I live here because my friends live here. Also- in the tutorial I was promised by Aura that I could carve out an empire for myself. Don't see that happening in highsec Smile

So you have chosen to be there... Seems all fine by me, why complain about a decision you have made?

Weaselior wrote:

yeah you just made our case for us thanks duder

sending dis post to ccp entitled "i told you the balance was out of whack"

The bellow quote will help you...

Proletariat Tingtango wrote:
boy ima bounty you n pop you upside the head for being that dumb.

pay more attention in class when school resumes.

Still nothing but ratting and structure shooting fleets.

The bellow quote for simplicity...
Zoctrine wrote:

There's so many threads about how null is broken, how to fix it, why and what not, however, much like CCP these threads tend to over-complicate what is really very simple, here's 3 changes to vastly improve null:

Make Stations Destructible!

Remove Jump Bridges!

Remove Reinforce Timers!
Lord Calus
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#92 - 2012-12-19 14:55:01 UTC
Tara Read wrote:
Ignorant words about how Nullsec works.

It is painfully obvious from this that you have never been to 0.0. Your information comes solely from EN24 and the forums.

Supers don't get dropped on people. Actually, supers get dropped OCCASIONALLY on carriers and dreads, and maybe kinda sorta possibly on other supers.

The only function of a super carrier now is to shoot structures. POS guns, POCOs, IHUBs and stations. That is it.

The only function of a titan now is to shoot the above, the POS itself, and to bridge duders.

Don't try and profess knowledge you do not have, it makes you look silly.

Qualifier: The outlying r-tards who rat, mine, and gatecamp in titans are not included in the above.
Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#93 - 2012-12-19 14:57:34 UTC
Lord Calus wrote:
Tara Read wrote:
Ignorant words about how Nullsec works.

It is painfully obvious from this that you have never been to 0.0. Your information comes solely from EN24 and the forums.

Supers don't get dropped on people. Actually, supers get dropped OCCASIONALLY on carriers and dreads, and maybe kinda sorta possibly on other supers.

The only function of a super carrier now is to shoot structures. POS guns, POCOs, IHUBs and stations. That is it.

The only function of a titan now is to shoot the above, the POS itself, and to bridge duders.

Don't try and profess knowledge you do not have, it makes you look silly.

Qualifier: The outlying r-tards who rat, mine, and gatecamp in titans are not included in the above.

According to his kill history he spent a little over 3 months in nullsec, mostly in Syndicate with some time spent in Delve during the thunderdome period. 3 months is not 'years'.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Trendon Evenstar
Olympus Gods
#94 - 2012-12-19 16:15:23 UTC
I was born here. Skipped tutorial, read goonwiki, pod jumped to 0.0

I dont know any other way
AstraPardus
Earthside Mixlabs
#95 - 2012-12-19 16:18:22 UTC
Trendon Evenstar wrote:
I was born here. Skipped tutorial, read goonwiki, pod jumped to 0.0

I dont know any other way

Similar tale for me, minus the goon part.
Every time I post is Pardy time! :3
Xpaulusx
Naari LLC
#96 - 2012-12-19 16:22:13 UTC
Marlona Sky wrote:
Actually the current state of null income for line members reflects the risk vs reward there. No buff needed.

Agree, but null sec sov stations do need a slight buff, this is a legitimate grip and i hope CCP fixs this. Null sec is dull sec simply because of bluefest. Reset each other and null will be exciting again simple as that.

Murk Paradox
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#97 - 2012-12-19 16:41:35 UTC
So most of nullsec is NBSI and yet people get stagnant because that same 80% of null becomes undesirable.

Interesting.

This post has been signed by Murk Paradox and no other accounts, alternate or otherwise. Any other post claiming to be this holder's is subject to being banned at the discretion of the GM Team as it would violate the TOS in regards to impersonation. Signed, Murk Paradox. In triplicate.

AstraPardus
Earthside Mixlabs
#98 - 2012-12-19 16:47:01 UTC
LOL56 wrote:
ITS PRETTY SIMPLE, I LIKE CAP SHIPS AND DON'T LIKE GATE GUNS. I WOULD VERY MUCH LIKE TO BE ABLE TO MAKE AN INCOME IN ADVANCE OF THOSE WITH CONCORD PROTECTION WHEN I HAVE ONLY SOCIAL PROTECTION THAT TAKES A GREAT DEAL OF EFFORT TO BUILD, AND IS LESS EFFECTIVE THAN CONCORD. ALSO BECAUSE I LIKE TARGETS, AND IF PVE WAS WORTHWHILE IN NULLSEC THERE WOULD BE WAY MORE TARGETS TO KILL, WHICH WOULD MEAN I COULD ROAM MORE OFTEN AND FOR SHORTER PERIODS.

ALSO I APOLOGIZES FOR THE CAPS, BUT I'M USING REVIT 2013 (A STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING PROGRAM) AND IT IS 1249503446534 TIMES EASIER IF YOU LEAVE CAPS LOCK ON.

Our structural engineers are getting too lazy to push a single button, proof. ^
Every time I post is Pardy time! :3
Ana Vyr
Vyral Technologies
#99 - 2012-12-19 17:11:06 UTC
A few years back I joined an alliance corp and went out to live in nullsec. I hated it, to be honest. I felt like a slave, and fleet fights were not as exciting as I imagined they would be.

Shrug, to each his own. It did appear as if the fleet commanders and leaders were having fun there.
Marlona Sky
State War Academy
Caldari State
#100 - 2012-12-19 17:11:47 UTC
Marlona Sky wrote:
The idea is that sov holding alliances would rely on players in their space doing stuff that can be taxed in order to earn enough to be sov holding alliances.

Alliances that can retain active members, and keep their space safe enough to due stuff will be prosperous.

Those that don't use their space won't keep it.

What does it take to hold sov in a system? Don't tell me guts and glory, tell everyone here what it technically takes to do it, game mechanic wise.

Well...

http://cdn1.eveonline.com/community/devblog/2009/sov_flowchart.jpg

And then you pay your sov bills.

I'm sure you could have googled that info yourself though.

I was also talking about cost. How much does it cost to have sov in a system with no station and no iHub. One with just an iHub. One with just a station. And finally one with both station and iHub.