These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Issues, Workarounds & Localization

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Launcher will not launch

First post
Author
dca0508
Banished Cartel.
Not imbalance yet
#1 - 2012-12-19 12:46:32 UTC
Cant use the launcher and the exefile works but the game closes itself after a while. Get a notification that i should see the launcher log and see below for it. Have reinstalled and tried to repair but nothing happens.

Cant use the launcher and the exefile works but the game closes itself after a while. Get a notification that i should see the launcher log and see below for it. Have reinstalled and tried to repair but nothing happens.

Please give me some tips on what to do.

See printscreen below for notification and log.

http://dl.eve-files.com/media/1212/launcher.JPG
Imiarr Timshae
Funny Men In Funny Hats
#2 - 2012-12-19 13:14:19 UTC
GM Arcade
Game Masters
C C P Alliance
#3 - 2012-12-19 13:16:38 UTC
This particular issue seems to have arisen with the latest launcher update. You can resolve this problem by following the steps below:

1. Delete the Launcher folder which can be found in your EVE Online client folder.
2. Download the launcher installer from the following URL:

http://cdn1.eveonline.com/EveOnlineLauncher/launcherInstaller/EVEOnlineLauncher_1_32_tq.exe

3. Once downloaded can you run the .exe file and direct the launcher to your client installation when prompted.
4. Once the launcher installation is complete can you start the launcher using the 'EVE Online Launcher' link which can be found in your clients folder. You should then be able to log into the client as normal.

If you notice that your account settings have been cleared, then please try closing the client and also the launcher and then restarting the client. Your settings should then be visible.

Lead GM Arcade | Customer Support Manager

nAirasSoyr Ro
General System Support
#4 - 2012-12-19 13:17:49 UTC
GM fix worked for me.

Also, trashed all my personal settings.
dca0508
Banished Cartel.
Not imbalance yet
#5 - 2012-12-19 13:25:50 UTC
Fix worked for me too....
Lexa Hellfury
Perkone
Caldari State
#6 - 2012-12-19 13:39:41 UTC
nAirasSoyr Ro wrote:
GM fix worked for me.

Is there a fix that wont destroy all my settings? Also, how the **** can you guys still not get patches that don't destroy people's computers/installs?
GM Arcade
Game Masters
C C P Alliance
#7 - 2012-12-19 13:54:12 UTC
Lexa Hellfury wrote:
nAirasSoyr Ro wrote:
GM fix worked for me.

Is there a fix that wont destroy all my settings? Also, how the **** can you guys still not get patches that don't destroy people's computers/installs?

If you notice that your account settings have been cleared, then please try closing the client and also the launcher and then restarting the client. Your settings should then be visible.

Lead GM Arcade | Customer Support Manager

Lexa Hellfury
Perkone
Caldari State
#8 - 2012-12-19 14:16:25 UTC
GM Arcade wrote:
Lexa Hellfury wrote:
nAirasSoyr Ro wrote:
GM fix worked for me.

This works, thank you. I know it's been 10 years and you guys have no intention of changing ever, but could you please try to test patches on more than one computer before deploying them?
killroy v2
Black Emperor's Spacewagon's
#9 - 2012-12-19 18:37:57 UTC
the fix won't work for me, heres the link to the error: http://imgur.com/2CwXq
SkyMarshaller
SkyMarshaller Corp
#10 - 2012-12-19 19:48:03 UTC
Had this issue & your suggested fix got thinhs working.

Thank you.
killroy v2
Black Emperor's Spacewagon's
#11 - 2012-12-19 20:13:38 UTC
never mind it works now.
Halete
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2012-12-19 21:07:17 UTC
Thanks for that. After spending over a decade playing various MMOs I was expecting that to be a lot more infuriating, but the fix proved painless.

"To know the true path, but yet, to never follow it. That is possibly the gravest sin" - The Scriptures, Book of Missions 13:21

Seraph Razgriz
Hard Knocks Inc.
Hard Knocks Citizens
#13 - 2012-12-19 22:51:20 UTC
Deff started raging and cussing out CCP when all my settings were gone.
Lucky I didn't rage completely off the handle and walk off, but instead read a little bit more and saw I could get them back.

John Cant
NEXUS Holdings Inc.
#14 - 2013-02-14 17:46:15 UTC
Ok, so tried the fix above with the launcher and the other recommendations but I'm getting no joy at all launching this under both ubuntu 12.04 and Mint 14. I'm using two seperate machines so the only common factors are wine, DX9, eve itself and the nvidia-common driver set.

Grr. Bloody SSD failed and knocked out my Wintel box so trying to get eve running on a temporary linux machine (or two).

I've installed Steam and that runs (plus all the games I have tried so far) under wine on both systems with no issues.

This is frustrating me, if I can get Eve running on a linux box then I have little to no reason to use Windows....

JC.
Enwelle Anthem
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#15 - 2013-02-16 12:34:54 UTC
Up,because i'm having the same problem. I tried the gm fix with no success.
I am on Win 8 Pro, and every time i hit play i am not able to get in; the game loads and closes in a few seconds. This happens after i log out, mostly...
Enwelle Anthem
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#16 - 2013-02-22 11:38:03 UTC
Up to avoid opening another post,still having the same problem. Quite a pain in the *** tbh.