These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Assembly Hall

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Proposal] Jump Clone scaled early jump fee.

Author
Col Callahan
Comply Or Die
Pandemic Horde
#1 - 2012-12-13 05:09:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Col Callahan
Problem:
Fights kick off half way across EVE and you have to decide if you want to spend the next 24 hour stuck somewhere.

Unintended solution:
Set medical clone to destination system, leave ship, un-dock and pod yourself.

Unintended affect:
ISK sink caused by the need to re-upgrade your clone upon arrival of your set medical clone destination.

Proposed solution:
Depending on the amount of time remaining until your next Clone Jump, apply an early Clone Jump fee calculated based on the % of time remaining on your 24 hour cool down timer with a the base fee derived from the cost of your current updated clone.

Example:
Updated clone cost for a 92,500,000 SP character is currently 20,000,000 ISK. The hypothetical current time renaming until the next Clone Jump is 18 hours 15 minutes. (100 / 24 ) * (24-18.25) * 0.01 * 20,000,000 = 4,791,666.66 ISK reduction resulting in an early Clone Jump Fee of 15,208,333.34 ISK. The 24 hour cool down timer would reset to 24 hours after an early jump just as current mechanics operate.

Proposed affect: The unintended ISK sink is maintained (all be it slightly reduced depending on the length of time remaining) and a more streamlined solution is implemented to an existing in game function while being scaled as to not penalize newer players.

I believe this would be a fair and balanced solution to increase player conflict while null affecting any current unintended ISK sinks. If you support this solution please show it by posting in this thread.

-Thanks
Gypsio III
Questionable Ethics.
Ministry of Inappropriate Footwork
#2 - 2012-12-14 14:45:23 UTC
Instant teleporting is a bad mechanic. The game would probably be better off without jump clones.
Gizznitt Malikite
Agony Unleashed
Agony Empire
#3 - 2012-12-14 16:28:29 UTC
Interesting idea....

And how do you think this will alter implants?

I know many pilots, like myself, that always fly with implants in their head. So death-cloning is a fairly expensive option that I don't take very often.... I instead fly from point A to point B, which is generally much, much better for the game I think!
Cheekything
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2012-12-14 19:43:43 UTC
It would be nicer if you just have a cooldown per JC instead

A charge would be fine but I don't think you should be able to bounce around too easily.
Col Callahan
Comply Or Die
Pandemic Horde
#5 - 2012-12-16 20:12:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Col Callahan
I have to disagree, Its more about what people want and from what I can see in current game mechanics and grunt line members where ever the fight is, that's were they all want to be. If that encourages more fights then more things get blown up. More things that get blown up, more demand on the market. Having a game mechanic that prevents people from making it to the action makes the game very stagnant.

Fights come from players starting fights. That kind of talent / dedication is very rare which is why you only see fights break out every once and a while, but when they do almost everyone and there mother wants in on the action (inb4 blob warfare). If you try and come back and say travel by gate to get there then you really don't understand anything about the subject. By the time a person traveled 40 jumps to get to the fight, they would ether be dead via gate camp or the fight was already well over or almost impossible to get into the target system because of gates being locked down.

This would not affect implants due to the fact of cost. people who keep a full set of implants in there heads don't do this (pod express) for that reason.
SmilingVagrant
Doomheim
#6 - 2012-12-17 03:48:45 UTC
I wouldn't mind it being dropped down to about 12 hours. Keeps me from bouncing around with impunity, but still allows me to do multiple things with my weekend.
CraftyCroc
Fraternity Alliance Please Ignore
#7 - 2012-12-17 22:08:36 UTC
Personally i think drop it too 23 hours.

I always login with an hour left before i can jump clone. Please fix

Ty