These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Anybody like two steps from hell?

Author
Vrexstus Mercana
Doomheim
#1 - 2012-12-16 17:11:28 UTC
Anybody like this amazing group?

"You Exist because we allow it....And you will die because we demand it.."

Destination SkillQueue
Doomheim
#2 - 2012-12-16 17:19:08 UTC
Most people like at least some of their music. It's just that they know the songs by the trailer they accompany instead of the actual name of the song.
Vrexstus Mercana
Doomheim
#3 - 2012-12-16 17:19:52 UTC
Destination SkillQueue wrote:
Most people like at least some of their music. It's just that they know the songs by the trailer they accompany instead of the actual name of the song.

hahaha im not like that i like the group as a whole i have alot of there songs. there amazing

Eurydia Vespasian
Storm Hunters
#4 - 2012-12-16 17:45:17 UTC
i have some of their stuff on my itunes exercise mix lol. "black blade" is pretty good for when first starting the routine and resisting the urge to just go "oh, eff this."
Vrexstus Mercana
Doomheim
#5 - 2012-12-16 17:52:42 UTC
Eurydia Vespasian wrote:
i have some of their stuff on my itunes exercise mix lol. "black blade" is pretty good for when first starting the routine and resisting the urge to just go "oh, eff this."

I Like

Black Blade

United We stand Divided WE Fall

Heart Of Courage

Meant To Be

Goodbye For Now

False King

ArchAngel

Calamity

ASAP

In Your Arms Memories TSFH remix

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#6 - 2012-12-16 17:53:26 UTC
Eurydia Vespasian wrote:

Was "Black Blade" not also a Blue Oyster Cult song? Did they do sacrilege and remake it ?

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Eurydia Vespasian
Storm Hunters
#7 - 2012-12-16 18:05:29 UTC
don't know too much b.o.c, i'm afraid.

this groups "black blade" is pretty much just an instrumental piece (like pretty much all of the rest of two steps from hell is). it's largely heavy orchestral work with a little opera-type vocal stuff punctuated here and there.
Vrexstus Mercana
Doomheim
#8 - 2012-12-16 18:08:17 UTC
Eurydia Vespasian wrote:
don't know too much b.o.c, i'm afraid.

this groups "black blade" is pretty much just an instrumental piece (like pretty much all of the rest of two steps from hell is). it's largely heavy orchestral work with a little opera-type vocal stuff punctuated here and there.

There stuff is great. listen to it while writing or reading and some of there songs are good for going to sleep.

While alot of people listen to the garbage spewed forth by these new gen rappers. im here listining to some musicc actually worth a damn

Eurydia Vespasian
Storm Hunters
#9 - 2012-12-16 18:30:46 UTC
i enjoy many types of music, myself. everything from pink floyd to tool, from loretta lynn to taylor swift, depeche mode to nine inch nails, beethoven to hans zimmer. rock, pop, classic or country...genre doesn't matter much to me. as long as it makes me want to move lol
Vrexstus Mercana
Doomheim
#10 - 2012-12-16 18:32:27 UTC
Eurydia Vespasian wrote:
i enjoy many types of music, myself. everything from pink floyd to tool, from loretta lynn to taylor swift, depeche mode to nine inch nails, beethoven to hans zimmer. rock, pop, classic or country...genre doesn't matter much to me. as long as it makes me want to move lol

currently im loling at the troll posts on how The bounty system is worse then before and how null sec is apprently a wasteland because High sec is to secure and to profitable

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#11 - 2012-12-16 21:10:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Krixtal Icefluxor
Eurydia Vespasian wrote:
nine inch nails

I saw NiN in Houston with about 150 people the week "Pretty Hate Machine" came out and we had no idea what we were about to witness.

Unfortunate in the end for the main act we all paid to see "The Jesus and Mary Chain". After NiN they just couldn't compete.

I was in shock for months. Best show ever besides Talking Heads.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Eurydia Vespasian
Storm Hunters
#12 - 2012-12-16 21:23:45 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Eurydia Vespasian wrote:
nine inch nails

I saw NiN in Houston with about 150 people the week "Pretty Hate Machine" came out and we had no idea what we were about to witness.

Unfortunate in the end for the main act we all paid to see "The Jesus and Mary Chain". After NiN they just couldn't compete.

i was 2 when "pretty hate machine" came out lol P

i've seen nin several times though over recent years. lights in the sky and with teeth tours. and the little jaunts they did and let everyone record them that had a camera lol.

they do put on an amazing show. the visual effects during the lights in the sky shows i saw were comparable only by tool. i read somewhere that trent proclaimed that the touring version of nin is done. that makes me sad.
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#13 - 2012-12-16 21:48:50 UTC
Yeah. It was fun getting surprised by their sound, cold. They were very soon in the arenas.

Louis deGuerre
The Dark Tribe
#14 - 2012-12-16 23:53:15 UTC
I'm a big fan. I think most people are but they don't know they listened to them. Immediate Music is also very good.
Kirjava
Lothian Enterprises
#15 - 2012-12-17 00:43:06 UTC
Absolutely awesome, Heart of Courage and Archangel are the ones that make my hair stand on end.

[center]Haruhiists - Overloading Out of Pod discussions since 2007. /人◕‿‿◕人\ Unban Saede![/center]

Vrexstus Mercana
Doomheim
#16 - 2012-12-17 01:45:18 UTC
Kirjava wrote:
Absolutely awesome, Heart of Courage and Archangel are the ones that make my hair stand on end.

CCP should use some of there music for trailers.

My absolute favs are Black Blade, United We Stand Devided We Fall, False King

Telegram Sam
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#17 - 2012-12-17 19:36:39 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Eurydia Vespasian wrote:
nine inch nails

Was it the Talking Heads "Speaking in Tongues" tour? I saw that one in Austin. My favorite show ever. It was more like a high energy jam/party onstage than a show.

Two Steps from Hell sounds excellent, thanks for the tip OP.
Vrexstus Mercana
Doomheim
#18 - 2012-12-17 20:15:08 UTC
Telegram Sam wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Eurydia Vespasian wrote:
nine inch nails

Was it the Talking Heads "Speaking in Tongues" tour? I saw that one in Austin. My favorite show ever. It was more like a high energy jam/party onstage than a show.

Two Steps from Hell sounds excellent, thanks for the tip OP.

My pleasure glad you enjoy them

Tarvos Telesto
Blood Fanatics
#19 - 2012-12-17 20:35:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Tarvos Telesto
I like them a lot.

My My favorite To Glory very harmonic but also dynamic track, love the part 1:37 - 2:00 this whole track its full of stars :D

Another from my favorite is "Fire Nation" damn this is pure thing that give epic feelings.

EvE isn't game, its style of living.

witchking42
Node Nibblers
#20 - 2012-12-17 23:06:57 UTC
Louis deGuerre wrote:
I'm a big fan. I think most people are but they don't know they listened to them. Immediate Music is also very good.

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of these guys, never heard of them before.

Two steps are great, the latest Archangel album is epic, especially the Dragon Rider track

Wk