These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Wormhole Signatures NOT Random

Author
VegasMirage
Blank-Space
Northern Coalition.
#1 - 2012-12-16 04:45:30 UTC  |  Edited by: VegasMirage
You all proly already know this, but I was exploring some wormholes and I right click in space and there's my bookmarks from before. Means I was in that wormhole before, nothing special except it's dated October 28 2012 and today we're in December 16 2012 and ALL eleven (11) bookmarks are exactly where they were probed out in October. Every site is warpable from my old bookmarks.

I took screen shots been discussing the possibilities. Would making spawn sites fixed and not random reduce server load? Did CCP cheat us out of a rl space adventurer's experience by removing the randomness to site spawns?

Am I in teh Martix!!! What shold I do with my evidence? Can we get some answers pl0x!!!

no more games... it's real this time!!!

Boot1034
BLOPSEC
#2 - 2012-12-16 04:58:51 UTC
Mabye there is a cycle of set spawns ?
Svodola Darkfury
Cloak and Daggers
The Initiative.
#3 - 2012-12-16 07:29:01 UTC
It is possible that if you bookmarked those sites and it is a low-traffic wormhole that none of the sites were ever warped to, and therefore haven't despawned since the last time you saw them.

There's also some strangeness around sites despawning in down-time respawning either new sites or new wormholes in old bookmarks.

Svo.

Director of Frozen Corpse Industries.

Maelle LuzArdiden
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2012-12-16 08:12:43 UTC
They are the same sites.
Sandslinger
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2012-12-16 09:42:15 UTC
Maelle LuzArdiden wrote:
They are the same sites.

What he said.. Site despawn will start the first time you initiate warp to them. Despawn takes 3 days.

Trinkets friend
Sudden Buggery
Sending Thots And Players
#6 - 2012-12-16 10:32:09 UTC
Wintz tried this in our old C2 and saved every site that ever spawned over the course of 18 months. On only a few occasions did wormholes respawn exactly the same spot. Anomalies, ladars, gravs, etc, never did.
Jack Miton
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#7 - 2012-12-16 10:45:26 UTC
Nothing out of the ordinary there, just means no one has warped to the sites since you last found them so they didnt despawn.

There is no Bob.

Stuck In Here With Me:  http://sihwm.blogspot.com.au/

Down the Pipe:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/CloakyScout

Ayeson
Hard Knocks Inc.
Hard Knocks Citizens
#8 - 2012-12-16 13:46:32 UTC
Maelle LuzArdiden wrote:
They are the same sites.

The phone call is coming from inside the house
Hidden Fremen
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#9 - 2012-12-16 15:07:15 UTC
You are still a dumb.
J3rz11
Suddenly Carebears
#10 - 2012-12-16 16:23:15 UTC
I'm just here to drop off a box of tin foil.

on another, semi-related tin-foil hat event. we were invading a c2 once. the WH collapsed, and reopened on the same exact grid.

That's all i got folks. get your tin foil hats while your at it, they are Bob-approved, for safer WH travels..
Qvar Dar'Zanar
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#11 - 2012-12-16 18:47:17 UTC
I've seen that happening sometimes too (say, 2 or 3 times out of hundreds of wh's). Bookmarking a hole on k-space, say a C2, come back hours later and it's gone, with a C3 in it's place.
Hidden Fremen
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#12 - 2012-12-16 21:02:28 UTC
This one time, in this one C4, there was a connection to all the k-space. True story.
Gibbo5771
AQUILA INC
Verge of Collapse
#13 - 2012-12-17 14:15:47 UTC
VegasMirage doesn't understand basic WH mechanics, news at 11.
Ayeson
Hard Knocks Inc.
Hard Knocks Citizens
#14 - 2012-12-17 14:36:53 UTC
Gibbo5771 wrote:
VegasMirage doesn't understand basic WH mechanics, news at 11.

GIBBO STOP SAYING MEAN THINGS
MisterAl tt1
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#15 - 2012-12-17 17:02:04 UTC
Besides, it is theoretically possible, that sites were activated, but timer "ticks" only if the system is loaded. Meaning activated sites live 3 days + all the days noone visited the system.
VegasMirage
Blank-Space
Northern Coalition.
#16 - 2012-12-18 04:14:53 UTC
When I probe out signatures and when they're Ladar and Grav sites I warp to them to activate the rats. So I can keel them and abscond with your valuable nano's.

All of these had been activated months ago. Also, the wormhole has recently changed ownership in the last month - it's on the forums and the new residents have been using the sites.

I understand the "play list" used to rotate in/out ore and gases, but the specific locations of site spawns are suppose to be random (perhaps this is a mechanic that's not so understood). There are no data pulls from CCP server db for you to prove the evidence otherwise. Or are there?

So, Gibbo back to hating me for what I did to 0ccupational Hazzard? Gibbo get over it and Mr. pvp extraordinaire Hidden Fremen as for tin foil hats, it appears you think you're more of a space jockey who walks around irl with a false sense of accomplishment from playing internet spaceships. Loosen that helmet up bro you're losing yourself again.

Daniel Plain
Doomheim
#17 - 2012-12-18 16:27:38 UTC
i've had sites spawn on old bookmarks before. my guess is that the placement algorithm is deterministic and only returns a small subset of all *possible* coordinates. having all the same sites at the exact same places can either be coincidence or more likely the placement algorithm was somehow fed with the same seed as before (think server reset).

I should buy an Ishtar.

VegasMirage
Blank-Space
Northern Coalition.
#18 - 2012-12-19 14:57:47 UTC  |  Edited by: VegasMirage
Daniel Plain wrote:
i've had sites spawn on old bookmarks before. my guess is that the placement algorithm is deterministic and only returns a small subset of all *possible* coordinates. having all the same sites at the exact same places can either be coincidence or more likely the placement algorithm was somehow fed with the same seed as before (think server reset).

this is what we thought as well, I forgot to mention it was the day after a major patch

one time after a patch I was scouting a wormhole for a merc group and the wormhole had more than +30 hi sec B274's, which is something I thought couldn't happen as well

nice explanation, thank you.

Gibbo5771
AQUILA INC
Verge of Collapse
#19 - 2012-12-21 01:31:20 UTC
VegasMirage wrote:

So, Gibbo back to hating me for what I did to 0ccupational Hazzard? Gibbo get over it and Mr. pvp extraordinaire Hidden Fremen as for tin foil hats, it appears you think you're more of a space jockey who walks around irl with a false sense of accomplishment from playing internet spaceships. Loosen that helmet up bro you're losing yourself again.

Please, stop. You are hurting all the feelings I don't have.

I walk around with my ATX T-shirt all the time, so what? Hell if they gave me a rl medal I would wear that as well and show it off to the people at the welfare center.
VegasMirage
Blank-Space
Northern Coalition.
#20 - 2012-12-21 17:39:21 UTC
Gibbo5771 wrote:
VegasMirage wrote:

Please, stop. You are hurting all the feelings I don't have.

I walk around with my ATX T-shirt all the time, so what? Hell if they gave me a rl medal I would wear that as well and show it off to the people at the welfare center.

I'm sure you've already put it on your resume. I guess I should watch one of those tourney feeds, since it means so much to you.

12Next page