These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

NPC Tracking Disruption Feedback

First post
Author
PavlikX
Scan Stakan
HOLD MY PROBS
#121 - 2012-12-16 08:19:11 UTC
This is screen from my blockade against Sansha. Notice that there are no active TD devices on me, meantime optimal and falloff , well
http://imgur.com/NOdHq
I am not sure, but looks like single chance to cut off this TD madness is to kill NPC ship, then his TD affect will turn off.
Turelus
Utassi Security
#122 - 2012-12-16 10:16:52 UTC
Updated my original post to have the new information and issues at the top (for any new comers to the thread)
Thanks for all those who have posted with information about the behaviour of the NPC TDs.

Turelus CEO Utassi Security

Kiteo Hatto
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#123 - 2012-12-16 15:52:49 UTC
PavlikX wrote:
This is screen from my blockade against Sansha. Notice that there are no active TD devices on me, meantime optimal and falloff , well
I am not sure, but looks like single chance to cut off this TD madness is to kill NPC ship, then his TD affect will turn off.

Wow, can't believe CCP's "Fix".
Zwo Zateki
Doomheim
#124 - 2012-12-16 16:04:10 UTC
Nightmare + Tachyons + Microwarpdrive = 0 angular velocity = 100% hits even if TD'ed. Problem solved.

http://cvmkr.com/R4JG

Crash Lander
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#125 - 2012-12-16 16:36:22 UTC
PavlikX wrote:

Same thing happened to me a few times. On the screen you can see the tracking disruption visual effect from the npc, but no indications of such in the hud.
Louis deGuerre
The Dark Tribe
#126 - 2012-12-17 10:30:34 UTC
Did some Sansha missions last night and it really is ridiculous. TD reduces my beam turret range to under 10 km in seconds. With some missions having 8 or more TD-ing ships you are in trouble.
In the end I resorted to using a missile ship but I know CCP wants to let TD affect missiles next...I guess Minmatar space will become REALLY crowded soon, altough you have Serpentis with insane dampening there as well...

Terrible not thought out changes. CCP should be ashamed.
Ikonia
Royal Amarr Expeditions
#127 - 2012-12-17 11:33:13 UTC
Am flying plexes in hi-, low and null sec. One toon on t3, one on hac, both set to omni.

After i did the first plexes and was hit by TD and ewar while they changed target my only and still remaining thought was - and still is: "Cool. They change target now, hehe! Like in wormholes ..."

Makes it a bit harder. Take care if you use drones. Have adapted tactics. Told a friend about, who does the same like me, but with only 1 account. His answer? "They change target? Hmm, not that i have noticed it."

Ok, what have i changed?

Ping Pong Maneuver brought in. 2 snipers, good distance to each other, bring NPCs between them. You wont see any AI once you found out how to make them change the target. This then is like target practicing. Thye try to reach one, but dont get him, while the other takes out 1 after 1 after 1 after 1 until they change and try again to fly to the other target and the while the second takes out 1 after 1 after 1 after 1. Naming this "AI" is ridiculous.

Triangle set defensive warp strategy. Set a warp point of the grid of a plex gate. Then warp into the plex. Once they target the false ship warp with it to there. Warp to gate. Warp in. Repeat. Time lost in comparison to before? 30 secs, so in all maybe 2 minutes? Just where is the I in the AI?

Kiting while hiding. Time the "AI" interactions. Youll be laughing. One ship (tank) kites the NPCs in a circle around his buddy while he snipers the targets from far distance. 1 taken out - activate cloak. Decloak - take 1 out - cloak. Never laughed that much before over "AI".

And there are like dozens of more simple tactics that disarm this kind of .. "AI". In fact it needs a bit of adapting, but once done it is far more easy than ever before.
Snoodaard Thrasy
Yulai Guard
#128 - 2012-12-17 11:43:05 UTC
Zwo Zateki wrote:
Nightmare + Tachyons + Microwarpdrive = 0 angular velocity = 100% hits even if TD'ed. Problem solved.

I do not believe for a second that a Tachyon fitted Nightmare, tracking disrupted by say 8 Sansha cruisers, has no problem hitting those cruisers with its range reduced to ~15km and its tracking several times worse than it already was base.
hmskrecik
TransMine Group
Gluten Free Cartel
#129 - 2012-12-17 11:48:45 UTC  |  Edited by: hmskrecik
@Ikonia: personally I don't regard this new "Sleeper AI" a problem and in fact, this thread is not really dedicated to it. It's about NPC EWAR, being overpowered like hell. Here discussed is the matter of Tracking Disruptors which render gun ships useless while my personal peeve are Sensor Dampeners which are not far behind.
Ikonia
Royal Amarr Expeditions
#130 - 2012-12-17 12:00:20 UTC
hmskrecik wrote:
@Ikonia: personally I don't regard this new "Sleeper AI" a problem and in fact, this thread is not really dedicated to it. It's about NPC EWAR, being overpowered like hell. Here discussed is the matter of Tracking Disruptors which render gun ships useless while my personal peeve are Sensor Dampeners which are not far behind.

Copy. But unchaining the ewar from the newly implemented AI i see literally the wrong way. Even IF TD renders a gunship useless, then you have to give them a new threat - thats all. If that is another toon, or some friends that came with you, or some drone(s) is the issue that needs to be adapted.

And it isnt "overpowered" by any meanings. All that was brought into the game was "agro mechanics" about which you have to learn and in which the solution is hidden. This appears overpowered until you find a solution to soften the result of what ever it is. And agro mechanics have been missing in Eve always. Now they are here. Adapt. :)
Morrigan LeSante
Perkone
Caldari State
#131 - 2012-12-17 12:57:42 UTC
Bringing multiple people to a solo activity really isn't any kind of sensible long term solution.
vice vortex
Autopsy
#132 - 2012-12-17 19:44:09 UTC
is this fixed yet?
Turelus
Utassi Security
#133 - 2012-12-17 20:56:23 UTC
vice vortex wrote:
is this fixed yet?

Nothing from CCP since the last fix, I assume they know as it's been reported in the feedback thread.
Let's hope for a BS fix at least, more tweaks on the stacking and power would be nice though.

Turelus CEO Utassi Security

Kraven90
Skynet Security Division
#134 - 2012-12-17 21:38:31 UTC
friendly bump since every time i try to solo sansha anomalies my rage meter goes sky high.
Assonyo
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#135 - 2012-12-17 22:13:21 UTC
Same here, they pulled my maelstrom's falloff below 8km just yesterday, 4 Sancha BS.

"It works 60% of the time EVERY time."

Kheirozen
Rage Confederacy
Dracarys.
#136 - 2012-12-18 03:50:06 UTC
I fly a Paladin with T2 Heavy Beams , all related gunnry skills to L5.

I have a 84km Opt/104km Fall off.

I did The Blockade lvl 4 against Sansha, i got to 6/10km Falloff with only 4 of them TD me.

And yes, even when they do stop to TD the effect stays unless you kill the ship.

I'm all about a bit of challenge, but that's just overkill for high sec NPC's.
Jessica Danikov
Network Danikov
#137 - 2012-12-18 05:24:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Jessica Danikov
I live in Providence, ratting/anoms with turreted ships on Sansha rats is something I'm heavily invested in and is my primary source of income.

I haven't been able to even go near the belts for 2 weeks, now... this bug is really starting to hurt.
Semvar
The Northerners
Pandemic Horde
#138 - 2012-12-18 06:22:57 UTC
This is absolutely ridiculous. I had a Sansha BS in a level 4 mission burning away from me at 40K and ZERO transversal with a single TD on me and I couldn't hit him and it could easily tank my drone damage (granted I don't have Amarr drone spec 5). As of this evening, the TD's are still being permanently applied, even when the module isn't turned on (can even still see the debuff visual effect while no TD being reported to the UI).

I don't care what the excuse is. A single TD should not be enough to completely disable a turret ship and completely mitigate the DPS of that ship permanently. At least before this, I could do about half damage with scorch at range with a single TD on me. Two and I was useless.
Crash Lander
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#139 - 2012-12-18 15:14:32 UTC
Step1) Try to solo the Amarr epic post patch.
Step 2) Pull your hair out as you can't hit jack most of the time
Step 3) Wait for 30 minutes until the NPCs stop TDing. Kill one of them.
Step 4) NPCs turn TD back on.
Step 5) Goto step 2

Then wonder to yourself how this was tested. Then realize it wasn't.
You know what, a hard mission is actually fun. This is not hard, it's just dull, boring and annoying as ... .
Maximille Biagge
Hydra Eternal
#140 - 2012-12-19 00:02:44 UTC
So i've been playing around with fits and found I can just about get through a Forsaken hub with an Apoc with scorch and 1 tracking enhancer (amarr Battleship V, sharpshooter V and so on).

Anything less and if you get a 4 TDing BS spawn you will most likely not take down a BS before they get out of range. Scorch only hits to 16 km then.