These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Switching ships from an Orca during combat; wasn't it fixed?

First post
Author
The Protato
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1 - 2012-12-15 23:33:09 UTC  |  Edited by: The Protato
So a few minutes ago in Aunia, somebody in local asks for help killing a thief. Naturally, bored as I was, I turned up in my crusader to see a suspect Ishkur sitting there. So I proceed to start the pewpew action and kill his drones.

Content with killmails as I was, I decided to hold him there and ask him in local to return the loot and apologise to the carebear running the mission for :citizenjustice:. No answer from him, so I start shooting him.

The Crusader has negligible DPS but eventually he gets to 20% armour. Suddenly, I see his shield start boosting and wonder what kind of gimpy non-fit I had stumbled across. Then, looking at my overview, I see a scimitar shield transferring him and an orca landing on us.

Here's the interesting bit: the ishkur disappears from my overview and a hurricane appears instead. Naturally I do what any glasstank pilot would do and cheese it.

Wasn't this supposed to be fixed? The suspect RR is fine, but the orca landing ongrid and allowing him to change ships really broils my beef. Or something alliterated. No :citizenjustice: can be served until this is answered for!
Angsty Teenager
Broski North
#2 - 2012-12-15 23:34:41 UTC
The fix was to disallow it while aggressed (the 1 minute timer you get when you shoot or w/e). My guess is that he simply deaggressed and waited 1 minute and then stored his ship.

Hard to say for sure.
The Protato
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#3 - 2012-12-15 23:35:56 UTC
Angsty Teenager wrote:
The fix was to disallow it while aggressed (the 1 minute timer you get when you shoot or w/e). My guess is that he simply deaggressed and waited 1 minute and then stored his ship.

Hard to say for sure.

That makes sense. I can't remember him shooting at me, but none of his shots previously had landed so idk.
ISD LackOfFaith
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#4 - 2012-12-15 23:50:14 UTC
The Protato wrote:
Angsty Teenager wrote:

Hard to say for sure.

That makes sense. I can't remember him shooting at me, but none of his shots previously had landed so idk.

This is probably what happened. Note the effects of the Weapons flag, which go away after 60 seconds. Basically, he either didn't fire back in the first place, or stopped firing for a minute, after which he was allowed to swap out for his Hurricane.

ISD LackOfFaith

Captain

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

I do not respond to Eve Mail or anything other than the forums.

Dave stark
#5 - 2012-12-15 23:56:56 UTC
i'm guessing the time it took you to ask him to say sorry and give the stuff back was long enough for him to deagress.

next time, just teach him the hard lesson. send him home in his pod.
The Protato
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#6 - 2012-12-16 00:03:16 UTC
Dave stark wrote:
i'm guessing the time it took you to ask him to say sorry and give the stuff back was long enough for him to deagress.

So much for :citizenjustice: and my honourtank.
ISD LackOfFaith
ISD Alliance
#7 - 2012-12-16 00:11:47 UTC
The Protato wrote:
So much for :citizenjustice: and my honourtank.

I don't think the Crusader has adequate low slots for enough expanded cargohold modules to be able to properly honourtank.Straight Sorry.

ISD LackOfFaith

Captain

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#8 - 2012-12-16 00:18:30 UTC
Hmm, I thought that you were unable to swap ships with an orca if another player was shooting you...
ISD LackOfFaith
ISD Alliance
#9 - 2012-12-16 00:20:12 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Hmm, I thought that you were unable to swap ships with an orca if another player was shooting you...

Nope. Check the flag consequences again. The only one that gets applied when you're shot is the PVP tag, which only prevents you from disappearing due to log-off for 15 minutes. Docking/ship depositing/jumping restrictions are tied to the weapons flag.

ISD LackOfFaith

Captain

Pyre leFay
Doomheim
#10 - 2012-12-16 00:23:16 UTC
baltec1 wrote:

Only stopped by the weapon timer and the weapon timer is for yourself and not influenced by others. the pvp/LE flag is recycled by others.
Evei Shard
Shard Industries
#11 - 2012-12-16 00:24:07 UTC
Dave stark wrote:

This.

Buying time for friends to show up is part of the game, and almost cost you your ship.

Profit favors the prepared

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#12 - 2012-12-16 00:27:13 UTC
Well this should prove an interesting tool to useCool
Dave stark
#13 - 2012-12-16 00:36:53 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Well this should prove an interesting tool to useCool

i sense many lulz and tears in the future.
i look forward to it.
Katran Luftschreck
Royal Ammatar Engineering Corps
#14 - 2012-12-16 02:49:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Katran Luftschreck
New Rule: Those with Suspect flags who enter an Orca shall place the Orca under a Suspect flag as well.

http://youtu.be/t0q2F8NsYQ0

Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#15 - 2012-12-16 03:16:10 UTC
Katran Luftschreck wrote:
New Rule: Those with Sustpect flags who enter an Orca shall place the Orca under a Suspect flag as well.

I like this idea.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#16 - 2012-12-16 03:19:42 UTC
New Rule: Those with Sustpect flags who enter an Orca shall place the Orca under a Suspect flag as well.

I'm surprised this isn't already the case. Especially considering how logi assistance renders the same S-flag when they assist a C/S-flagged pilot.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#17 - 2012-12-16 03:23:07 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:

I'm surprised this isn't already the case. Especially considering how logi assistance renders the same S-flag when they assist a C/S-flagged pilot.

It would be a great way to get easy Orca kills.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#18 - 2012-12-16 03:24:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Remiel Pollard
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:

It would be a great way to get easy Orca kills.

First person to get a killmail on Battleclinic with an Orca wins EVE.

EDIT: sorry, I just realised you meant the Orca is the intended target.

But it'd still be pretty funny to see a killmail include an Orca on the attacker's fleet P

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#19 - 2012-12-16 03:33:58 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:
First person to get a killmail on Battleclinic with an Orca wins EVE.

EDIT: sorry, I just realised you meant the Orca is the intended target.

But it'd still be pretty funny to see a killmail include an Orca on the attacker's fleet P

Here you go. Why do people use Battleclinic?

Reaver Glitterstim
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2012-12-16 04:53:01 UTC
Next time shoot the suspect orca. That'll learn him not to put an orca in danger to win a frigate fight.

FT Diomedes: "Reaver, sometimes I wonder what you are thinking when you sit down to post."

Frostys Virpio: "We have to give it to him that he does put more effort than the vast majority in his idea but damn does it sometime come out of nowhere."

12Next page