These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Goonswarm Federation are in essence unsympathetic; downfall is inevitable

First post First post
Author
Pretty GuyYeah
#1 - 2012-12-15 23:07:22 UTC
The list of goons is daily swelled by the additions of fifties, of hundreds. The cause itself seems suddenly transformed from a cold abstract theory, to a living, breathing, active, and powerful CEO, going forth "conquering and to conquer." The systems of their great adversary are daily being fleeted and undid; their home system and their bounties, where the rites of their idolatrous worship have long been performed, and where goon sacrifices have long been wont to be made, are daily desecrated and deserted. The trump of the goon's fame is sounding from post to post, from system to system, and from mail to mail, and calling hundreds to their standard at a blast.

For this new and splendid success, we miners heartily rejoice in hi-sec. That that success is so much greater now than heretofore, is doubtless owing to rational causes; and if we would have it continue, we shall do well to inquire what those causes are. The warfare heretofore waged against the griefing Intemperance, has, somehow or other, been erroneous. Either the goons engaged, or the tactics they adopted have not been the most proper. These goons for the most part have been grifers, campers, and hired bounty hunters. Between these and the mass of New Eden, there is a want of approachability, if the term be admissible, partially, at least, fatal to their success. They are supposed to have no sympathy of feeling or interest, with those very persons whom it is their object to convince and persuade.

And again, it is so common and so easy to ascribe motives to rookies of these goons, other than those they profess to act upon. The griefer, it is said, advocates temperance because he is a fanatic, and desires a union of CCP and Nullsec; the camper, from his pride and vanity of hearing himself speak; and the hired bounty hunter, for his salary. But when one, who has long been known as a victim of intemperance bursts the fetters that have bound him, and appears before his neighbors "clothed, and in his right mind," a redeemed capsuleer of long-lost carebears, and stands up with tears of loss trembling in his eyes, to tell of the miseries once endured, now to be endured no more forever; of his once naked and starving fleet, now clad and fed comfortably; of a CEO long weighed down with woe, weeping, and a broken economy, now restored to health, happiness, and a renewed affection; and how easily it is all done, once it is resolved to be done; how simple their language, there is a logic, and an eloquence in it, that few, with goons feelings, can resist. They cannot say that the desire a bond of CCP and nullsec, for he is not a griefing member; they cannot say he is vain of hearing himself speak, for his whole demeanor shows he would gladly avoid speaking at all; they cannot say he speaks for pay for he receives none, and asks for none. Nor can his sincerity in any way be doubted; or his sympathy for those he would persuade to imitate his example be denied.

In my judgment, it is to the battles of this new class of rookies that our late success is greatly, perhaps epicly, owing. But, had the old-school bitter vets themselves, been of the most wise selecting, was their system of tactics, the most judicious? It seems to me, it was not. Too much denunciation against PLEX sellers and scammers was indulged in. This, I think, was both impolitic and unjust. It was impolitic, because, it is not much in the expectation of newbs to be driven to anything; still less to be driven about that which is exclusively his own business; and least of all, where such driving is to be submitted to, at the expense of pecuniary interest, or burning appetite. When the plex-seller and scammer, were incessantly told, not in accents of entreaty and persuasion, diffidently addressed by erring man to an erring brother; but in the thundering tones of anathema and denunciation, with which the lordly Judge often groups together all the crimes of the felon's life, and thrusts them in his face just ere he passes sentence of death upon him, that they were the authors of all the vice and misery and crime in the land; that they were the manufacturers and material of all the thieves and robbers and murderers that infested space; that their POS were the workshops of the devil; and that their fleet should be shunned by all the good and virtuous, as moral pestilences -- I say, when they were told all this, and in this way, it is not wonderful that they were slow, very slow, to acknowledge the truth of such denunciations, and to join the ranks of their denouncers in a hue and cry against themselves.

To have expected them to do otherwise than they did -- to have expected them not to meet denunciation with denunciation, crimination with crimination, and anathema with anathema, was to expect a reversal of a goon, which is CCPs wish, and never can be reversed. When the conduct of goons is designed to be influenced, persuasion, kind, unassuming persuasion, should ever be adopted. It is an old and a true grief, that a "drop of honey catches more flies than a gallon of gall." So with rookies. If you would win a rookie to your cause, first convince him that you are his sincere friend. Therein is a drop of honey that catches his heart, which, say what he will, is the great highroad to his reason, and which, when once gained, you will find but little trouble in convincing his judgment of the justice of your cause, if indeed that cause really be a just one. On the contrary, assume to dictate to his judgment, or to command his action, or to mark him as one to be shunned and despised, and he will retreat within himself, close all the avenues to his head and his heart; and though your cause be naked truth itself, transformed to the heaviest lance, harder than steel, and sharper than steel can be made, and though you throw it with more than Herculean force and precision, you shall be no more be able to pierce him, than to penetrate the hard shell of a tortoise with a rye straw.
/P.G.Y

Post with your main.

A legend walks among us, a genius so significant he so dares to degrade himself as camouflage when you dispute.

Shylari Avada
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#2 - 2012-12-15 23:11:18 UTC
Thanks for the flashback to 2009.

Yeah, we will implode eventually, didn't want this space empire anyway.
Mara Tessidar
Perkone
Caldari State
#3 - 2012-12-15 23:13:08 UTC
"epicly"
Kathtrine
My Dot Corp
#4 - 2012-12-15 23:13:09 UTC
Ok...uhm sure... in English please?

Oh wait you mean the Goons will fall someday. yeah they will. So what?

[b]If your griefing about EvE online and still paying for it, your hooked and CCP has done thier job.

Now go blow somebodies ship up and stop whining about whatever your are lacking.[/b]

Athena Stromgard
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#5 - 2012-12-15 23:17:18 UTC
Somewhat poor grammar in places but overall a good tour de force of your vocabulary.
Pretty GuyYeah
#6 - 2012-12-15 23:21:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Pretty GuyYeah
One man’s reply within cunning express, could one ask not for belief or judgment by those who he talks? It is safe to assert one’s willingness would lead one to reply, if he so deems, and if, he who so desires has less or more than nothing to utter.

Post with your main.

A legend walks among us, a genius so significant he so dares to degrade himself as camouflage when you dispute.

Kratisto
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2012-12-15 23:28:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Kratisto
I feel like, this guy, thinks commas make statements seem, perhaps, more intelligent. HERETOFORE, people declaiming in atypical, wording, have surely been measured thusly!
Angsty Teenager
Broski North
#8 - 2012-12-15 23:33:25 UTC
I am slightly jealous. I wish I could write like this.
ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#9 - 2012-12-15 23:45:34 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Suvetar
Please people, no trolling, quirky remarks and/or other less civil replies.

Keep the responses on topic and polite!

Consider this a warning.

Edit: This thread has been cleaned. Anyone not adhering to the above warning (read: breaking the forum rules on purpose), will run the risk of having their posting privileges revoked.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Vaju Enki
Secular Wisdom
#10 - 2012-12-15 23:49:52 UTC
Empires rise and fall, but evil is eternal.

The Tears Must Flow

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#11 - 2012-12-16 00:22:39 UTC
ISD Ezwal wrote:
Edit: This thread has been cleaned. Anyone not adhering to the above warning (read: breaking the forum rules on purpose), will run the risk of having their posting privileges revoked.

Maybe you should move it to CAOD where it belongs while you're at it. vOv
Pretty GuyYeah
#12 - 2012-12-16 00:25:35 UTC
Tippia wrote:
ISD Ezwal wrote:

Maybe you should move it to CAOD where it belongs while you're at it. vOv

The content of my message is far too broad, and far too distant from corporations and alliances alone, especially when calling out to a receiver who is much likely not to be in any of the two.

Post with your main.

Polly Oxford
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#13 - 2012-12-16 00:26:14 UTC
I'm sorry, but how is telling him that is writing is horrendous trolling? It's an objective observation.

The OP is not making any point whatsoever by disguising his thin arguments behind a veil of fake eloquence. If this is his Roleplay character he can take it into the appropriate forum section for that, but if he wants to make an actual point he should focus on prose, not poetry.

In the current form the OP is nothing more than nigh unintelligible mess of rhetoric and is far more lacking in substance than the other posts in this topic.

If he wants to be taken seriously he should rewrite his post, which is exactly the point I made before.
Pretty GuyYeah
#14 - 2012-12-16 00:31:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Pretty GuyYeah
Polly Oxford wrote:
I'm sorry, but how is telling him that is writing is horrendous trolling? It's an objective observation.

The OP is not making any point whatsoever by disguising his thin arguments behind a veil of fake eloquence. If this is his Roleplay character he can take it into the appropriate forum section for that, but if he wants to make an actual point he should focus on prose, not poetry.

In the current form the OP is nothing more than nigh unintelligible mess of rhetoric and is far more lacking in substance than the other posts in this topic.

If he wants to be taken seriously he should rewrite his post, which is exactly the point I made before.

"If you want to avoid an answer from a dumb person, speak the same language but dispute too fiercely for him to grasp the context." - Marca Delonghi

If it was your opinion I wanted, I would have written my thread accordingly. You're free to comment as you please, however, and I invite you to do so if you can keep it civil.

Post with your main.

Polly Oxford
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#15 - 2012-12-16 00:36:22 UTC
Maybe you should just take the thread to an appropriate forum then, because this one clearly isn't it.
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#16 - 2012-12-16 00:36:56 UTC
Where exactly did you copy this from, to paste it into EVEO GD?

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Polly Oxford
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#17 - 2012-12-16 00:37:37 UTC
Also since you quote non-existant people this is clearly a sign, that this should be moved to the RP forum.
Pretty GuyYeah
#18 - 2012-12-16 00:38:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Pretty GuyYeah
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Where exactly did you copy this from, to paste it into EVEO GD?

Interesting question. Much of the phrases belong to Abraham Lincoln. The situation I communicate is much the same as his own, thus it makes for the perfect format to forward.

Pirate

Post with your main.

Sixx Spades
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#19 - 2012-12-16 00:42:13 UTC
Pretty GuyYeah wrote:
If it was your opinion I wanted, I would have written my thread accordingly. You're free to comment as you please, however, and I invite you to do so if you can keep it civil.

If you didn't want an opinion, you could have kept your post off the forums. That, or at least off of "General Discussion".

Using a weapon as a deterrent in a diplomatic situation is only viable when you have proven that you have deployed it in the past and are willing to use it in the future.

Pretty GuyYeah
#20 - 2012-12-16 00:44:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Pretty GuyYeah
Sixx Spades wrote:
Pretty GuyYeah wrote:

If you didn't want an opinion, you could have kept your post off the forums. That, or at least off of "General Discussion".

I use standard English yet my message still doesn't come across?

I beg your pardon. He is in Goonswarm Federation, thus excluding him from the group to whom I appeal.

And as I said, he is more than welcome to post his opinions.

Post with your main.

12Next page