These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Eve community: What Firearms do you own?

First post First post
Author
Herr Wilkus
Aggressive Salvage Services LLC
#1 - 2012-12-15 09:49:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Herr Wilkus
I'm kind of curious about the EVE shooting community. While I imagine that the National Rifle Association and the EVE Community have limited overlap, you never know....

What kind of arsenal are you packing? (And silly jokesters, I'm not talking about genitals or biceps, but actual weapons.)

Do you participate in any shooting sports? Trap/skeet? Hunting? Have it for self defense? NRA member or not?

Personally, I own five:

Winchester Model 71, lever action.
This was my grandfathers old hunting rifle, fires .348. It was discontinued decades ago, but it still serves for hunting moose in the bush. At one time it was quite popular, but has fallen out of favor. Only lever-action rifle I own.

8mm German K98 Mauser, bolt action.

Have this mostly for historical interest, though the Canadians gave me a hard time crossing the border with it. One border guard, at first, claiming it is a 'military' weapon, before his supervisor waved me through. Roll I use this mostly for 'for fun' target shooting, or when walking out in bear country alone. Nice flat trajectory, essentially a 30.06, with more expensive ammunition. Learn how to reload spent brass on this, however.

Chinese SKS,
Cheap toy I bought 12 years ago. These things are a lot of fun, lacking in accuracy, but the ammo is dirt cheap Russian short. Chinese used them in the Korean War, have a huge muzzle flash, wasting most of the powder charge. ProTip: They eject spent casings straight up, so the SKS tends to annoy people on a crowded firing line, raining hot brass on the people next to you.

Funny story: Buddy of mine put this on a bipod and was firing somewhat rapidly down range, using his guncase as a platform. He didn't notice that the bipod was coming loose towards the end of the magazine. The recoil lifted the rifle out of the bipod and the last round blew a fist sized hole through his gun case. Everyone on the range was like "WTF?" Fortunately the case was empty except for an unfortunate roll of (now) perforated duct tape. No harm done but his ego was a bit bruised. The duct tape was used to patch the gaping hole in his case.

Romanian WUM-1, 'sport AK-47'.
Another, slightly more expensive toy. No, its not fully automatic (I wish) - typical semi-auto 'assault rifle'. Best part? Cheap dirty Eastern European ammo and the 75-round drum I picked up for it. Nothing beats burning through a full drum in 20 seconds, before calling it a day. Just don't touch that barrel afterwards - will give you a nasty burn!

Another old war relic:
P.08 1938 9mm Luger
Bought this at a gun show down in South Carolina. A little pricy, and requires careful cleaning. But it has a nice heft, and is quite accurate. Not much use against a rampaging mama grizzly, however. Lol

Based on the stamps/markings, this particular Luger was first captured by the Soviets, then mysteriously ended up in the US. Keep this one for fun at the firing range and in my truck for self-defense purposes.

So, Eve players, share! Whats in your gun cabinet? Question
Gabber359
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#2 - 2012-12-15 10:23:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Gabber359
A phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range

Dad owns a Glock 9mm and a few other rifles (don't know the names off the top of my head). Most of my weapon knowledge comes from CS and R6 (who says games aren't educational). Always liked the Steyr Aug myself.

The only thing I fear, is running out of beer !

Zimmy Zeta
Perkone
Caldari State
#3 - 2012-12-15 10:30:42 UTC
No guns.
But I have a friggin' sword on my wall, just in the case of zombies...

I'd like to apologize for the poor quality of the post above and sincerely hope you didn't waste your time reading it. Yes, I do feel bad about it.

Arkady Vachon
The Gold Angels
Sixth Empire
#4 - 2012-12-15 10:45:24 UTC
Beretta PX4 in .40

I want to get another muzzleloader, though - i always enjoyed shooting those.

Nothing Personal - Just Business...

Chaos Creates Content

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#5 - 2012-12-15 11:14:52 UTC
Remote control Tiger tank with a BB gunBig smile
Max Godsnottlingson
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2012-12-15 11:25:02 UTC
I live in the UK where about the most you can have at home is a shot gun without reams and reams of checks, paperwork, psychological profiling and the like.

The OP would probably hate it here because of that. But then again, the killing of masses of innocent kids is not becoming an almost daily event here.

And I have to say to the OP, Given what has just happened in the US yesterday, don't you think that this post is in incredibly bad taste?
stoicfaux
#7 - 2012-12-15 11:53:16 UTC  |  Edited by: stoicfaux
Off-duty cop paid to patrol the neighborhood.

Contractors are the Future(tm).

edit: Also, before anyone disparages the NRA, remember, the NRA is there in case anything happens to the ACLU...

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

Herr Wilkus
Aggressive Salvage Services LLC
#8 - 2012-12-15 11:53:32 UTC
Max Godsnottlingson wrote:
I live in the UK where about the most you can have at home is a shot gun without reams and reams of checks, paperwork, psychological profiling and the like.

The OP would probably hate it here because of that. But then again, the killing of masses of innocent kids is not becoming an almost daily event here.

And I have to say to the OP, Given what has just happened in the US yesterday, don't you think that this post is in incredibly bad taste?

I've lived for a while in Newcastle, so I am aware of UK policy. UK government made a decision about its citizens, and I concur with that decision. British just don't have the daily hands-on experience with firearms that Americans generally get at an early age. Nor, as a whole, do they have a realistic image of firearms, their experience being limited to Hollywood movies, with the exception of members of law enforcement and active/retired military. But lets not derail the thread.

I'm trying to keep the discussion on the EVE community that also are members of the active shooting community, or members of the NRA. I realize that this disqualifies many Europeans from participating in a meaningful way, but there are many Americans out there with quite an arsenal at their disposal. I want to hear about them. Pics are a plus.

That said, I've been in the market for a shotgun lately. Don't have a great deal of experience with them short of grouse hunting with my dad when I was a kid. An old semi-auto 16 gauge.

When I was a teenager, a buddy of mine worked at Borders and he would have literally BOXES of old surplus CD music sample jewel cases.

So we'd take them to the range and throw them high up into the air. When you hit them, they'd explode and the paper inside would flutter to the ground. Hours of fun. Never bough a shotgun of my own, but I plan on rectifying that soon.

Azriel Geist
Pure Victory
#9 - 2012-12-15 18:18:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Azriel Geist
Max Godsnottlingson wrote:

At the very least, I'd hope the Feds enact much more stringent psych evaluations for owning any kind of firearm here in the US.

Anyway, back to this thread. I own two weapons I've lovingly nicknamed Law and Order. Each is attached at the wrist.
Eurydia Vespasian
Storm Hunters
#10 - 2012-12-15 18:42:03 UTC
i don't own any.

and probably never will.
Bane Necran
Appono Astos
#11 - 2012-12-15 18:46:32 UTC
Who needs gun registries with threads like this.

"In the void is virtue, and no evil. Wisdom has existence, principle has existence, the Way has existence, spirit is nothingness." ~Miyamoto Musashi

Wilhelm Riley
Doomheim
#12 - 2012-12-15 18:54:48 UTC
I have a bow and a few dozen pointy arrows, can I join?
Benjamin Netanyahoo
Doomheim
#13 - 2012-12-15 22:10:29 UTC
Hoping santa brings me one of these.

http://www.ruger.com/products/1022Tactical/models.html
Alpheias
The Khaleph
#14 - 2012-12-15 22:13:49 UTC
I have never felt the need to compensate for what I was born with. But, I understand completely if you do.

Agent of Chaos, Sower of Discord.

Don't talk to me unless you are IQ verified and certified with three references from non-family members. Please have your certificate of authenticity on hand.

Borascus
#15 - 2012-12-15 22:24:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Borascus
Fired an AK-47 at a tourist attraction outside of a military base whilst backpacking in Cambodia when I was 21. Really nice place.

Shoulder mounted rocket launcher and cow for $200, chose the AK for $35, dreamt of them locking up ever since.

This video is a video of an American response using a firearm - 35mil views.

Medal of Honor Competition using real firearms
John Caligan
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#16 - 2012-12-15 22:40:50 UTC
Nothing that works, I collect swords mostly.

I DO however have an old flintlock pistol, and an interesting specimin of a dagger I picked up in Istanbul that had a small flintlock mounted on the side. It seemed more ornamental than practical, though. The kind of thing you'd show to a friend and say "Hey, check this out!"
Caleidascope
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#17 - 2012-12-16 00:17:06 UTC
A few mosins. A few Soviet SVT-40, a few Soviet SKS. Some makarovs and nagant revolvers. And a bunch more. I am more of a collector/accumulator.

Life is short and dinner time is chancy

Eat dessert first!

Gibbo5771
AQUILA INC
Verge of Collapse
#18 - 2012-12-16 00:28:14 UTC
None because I am dangerous enough, also I am not an idiot.
Caleidascope
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#19 - 2012-12-16 01:19:50 UTC
Gibbo5771 wrote:
None because I am dangerous enough, also I am not an idiot.

Ouch, I think you hurt my feelings.

Life is short and dinner time is chancy

Eat dessert first!

Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#20 - 2012-12-16 01:55:51 UTC
Smith & Wesson 410S (.40)
Taurus Tracker (.44)
Mosin Nagant M91/30 (7.62x54r)
Saiga 410 (.410)

Fixing to purchase the Saiga 12 I saw when getting the 410, or maybe the AKM

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

12Next page