These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Skill Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Which T2 wpns should I go with as Gallente pilot?

Author
Melkorus
The Nightcrow Tribe
#1 - 2012-12-14 02:23:24 UTC
Hi,
I'm Gallente, and can only fly Gallente ships at the moment, up to and including Megathron. I invested a lot into drones and armor tanking, I can do t2 armor tanking as of now. I can't however do any t2 weapons, so that's gonna be my next focus. I'm building this character with endgame goal being PVP, but also I've been doing a lot of ratting/missions to fund myself.

So what should I go for? This is what my Gunnery skills look like right now.

Gunnery

3 Controlled Bursts
5 Gunnery
3 Large Hybrid Turret
4 Medium Hybrid Turret
3 Motion Prediction
3 Rapid Firing
3 Sharpshooter
5 Small Hybrid Turret
3 Surgical Strike
3 Trajectory Analysis
3 Weapon Upgrades
Total Skillpoints in Group: 839,765

I was leaning towards blasters, but last night I asked in Help channel and most people said to go with missiles......., few ppl mentioned railguns, and nobody recommended blasters. I don't mind training missiles from the scratch if it's that much more better... but I'm really confused about that recommendations because a lot of Gallente ships don't seem to have missile hard points.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Zhilia Mann
Tide Way Out Productions
#2 - 2012-12-14 02:53:48 UTC
Yeah, if you're flying Gallente don't go missiles. Definitely get T2 drones. After that look at rails for PvE or blasters for PvP. Might as well get both as the paths aren't that divergent.
RavenPaine
RaVeN Alliance
#3 - 2012-12-14 06:14:12 UTC
Every skill you listed there, your goal is to get them all to V. It will be upwards of 10 million SP.
After Weapons Upgrades V you want Advanced Weapons Upgrades V as well.
Also the rail and blaster specs to IV.
Gunnery support skills are more important then the gun itself.
The same applies to Drone supports.

People in help channels are sometimes sarcastic... that may have been the case. Or, they might have been trying to convince you about how missiles and Caldari are more 'PVE friendly'. Which I also agree with, but your post was about Gallente and guns.

I'm not sure how many SP you have or where the SP is. I can only tell you that more is better, in ship skills, gun skills, drone skills.

Good Luck
Paine

Huttan Funaila
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#4 - 2012-12-14 06:26:33 UTC
T2 blasters if you focus on PvP.
T2 railguns if you focus on PvE.
Melkorus
The Nightcrow Tribe
#5 - 2012-12-14 17:43:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Melkorus
Thanks guys. Got my 196-day plan setup lol.... oh man. I'm currently at 7.7mil SP. Pretty much all of it in combat skills.
Zhilia Mann
Tide Way Out Productions
#6 - 2012-12-14 20:59:30 UTC
Don't feel bad. I have a 179 day plan on a research alt just to get him up to what I would consider to be adequate levels. My main is chasing a 457 day plan (that's time remaining; she started it 10 months ago) with another 170 days that I may and may not opt to do for capital support skills. Eve is just one of those games you either commit to or you don't....
Irya Boone
The Scope
#7 - 2012-12-14 23:00:56 UTC
If you want to play Gallente choose your Ship first :
And after and after that you skills core competency certificate to Elite.
And for a finish Railgun spec ( if you choose BS) or Blaster scpec ( if under BS hull) to V .. but all of them to 4 at least .

First the SHIP >> core compentecy elite >> blaster/railgun Spec to5

CCP it's time to remove Off Grid Boost and Put Them on Killmail too, add Logi on killmails .... Open that damn door !!

you shall all bow and pray BoB

Bugsy VanHalen
Society of lost Souls
#8 - 2012-12-18 19:54:45 UTC
Don't foget almost all Gal ships have drone bonuses. This is actually meant to be the primary weapon for gallente.

Many players train into a Domi and fill the highs with neuts and remote reps relying completly on drones for DPS. This works due to the drone bonuses.

That being said both rails and blasters have there purposes. Rails can make great snipers, so would say the best snipers. While Blaster do the most DPS up close in your face. Which is why they are so popular in PVP.

If you are sticking with Gallente though I would recommend getting drone skills up before gunnery skills.
Toxic Raioin
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#9 - 2012-12-19 04:30:03 UTC
personally before getting T2 weapons i would train Weapon Upgrades to 5 and Advanced Weapon Upgrades to 3 or 4 due to T2 fitting cost.
Arkadelphia
Unforetold Mania
#10 - 2012-12-19 15:53:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Arkadelphia
Toxic Raioin wrote:
personally before getting T2 weapons i would train Weapon Upgrades to 5 and Advanced Weapon Upgrades to 3 or 4 due to T2 fitting cost.

Yes this is plenty having adv weapons to 4. You only need five if your sieging a dread or fitting real funky situational fits...in which case you buy an implant. Most standard t2 fits are fine without it.

To answer the OP. if you want t2 weapons you have to start at the small then move your way up to medium than large. You can't just train t2 medium or large for you bigger ships...all the specialization skills are prerequisites. So as gallente small hybrids to five, blaster and rail specialization, then medium hybrid five and so on. It's a pain if you are just flying battleships or something but then again you'll need BS to five too..at least for pvp.