These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Why does nullsec care so much about what highsec is doing?

First post
Author
Bud Austrene
Secure Haven
#361 - 2012-12-13 21:52:40 UTC
Some Rando wrote:
Bud Austrene wrote:
I am having fun mining, doing missions and manufacturing.

All of which inject ISK, materials, or finished goods into the economy, unless you're one of those people who never touch the market. Thus, you affect other players.

Bud Austrene wrote:
I do not see that i have to have fun at the expense of others.

You affect other players, thus you are having fun at their expense. Your goods and ISK factor into the equation, thus you should be free game for all.

I did not realize that i was having fun and anyone's expense.
I thought it was a win-win situation.
I am not complaining about being a target i am just curious what evil i am doing that causes you to think you are justified in making me a target.
If you do the same things i do you can have the same things i have.
I am beginning to think that the justification that you and others like you are using is basically that I am not like you and don't think like you.

Yes I am an alt. I see no reason to make it easy for bullies and greifers

Snow Axe
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#362 - 2012-12-13 21:57:58 UTC
Bud Austrene wrote:
I would also like to know "why won't you leave us alone" not because i want you to leave me alone but because I would like to understand what i am doing that is so wrong.

Ok, let's do this thing!

Bud Austrene wrote:
I do not get along with others well, so i like playing solo.

And yet you're playing a MMO. You're playing with others, whether you're in a corp or a gang or not.

Bud Austrene wrote:
I am having fun mining, doing missions and manufacturing.

You're contributing mineral resources, faction rewards bought with loyalty points, and potentially even finished goods to someone else's war machine. You also most likely bought ships and modules from a war profiteer.

Bud Austrene wrote:
I have dipped into wormholes and plan to expand in that direction.

And now you want to sell Sleeper loot to manufacture T3's! You know people use those to blow up other people, right?

Bud Austrene wrote:
I do not believe in going out of my way to pick a fight and will run from one if i am able.

You're a war profiteer and you provide material support to other war profiteers. That's not really running away from fights.

cont...

"Look any reason why you need to talk like that? I have now reported you. I dont need to listen to your bad tone. If you cant have a grown up conversation then leave the thread["

Snow Axe
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#363 - 2012-12-13 21:58:10 UTC

Bud Austrene wrote:
I do not see the point in fighting other players if there is no profit.

This is...more than a little different from what you just said. Either way I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that whoever puts you in their crosshairs probably doesn't care about the kind of mental twister yet another war profiteer uses to justify themselves.

Bud Austrene wrote:
I recognize there is a lot of players that feel differently but i do not see how that makes them right and me wrong.

They're "right" in the sense that the game allows them to act. You're "wrong" if you want that stopped via artificial means. The rules of the game are the one true god here, and right now, they're so not on your side. Probably because you're a war profiteer.

Bud Austrene wrote:
I am playing well within the rules of the game and having fun.

And so are the people blowing up whoever they want! Funny that, no?

Bud Austrene wrote:

Anything you do in Eve is at the expense of someone else.

Bud Austrene wrote:
Could you explain how I am so wrong and maybe why you seem to feel the need to campaign against me and people like me.
Am I evil?

Yes, you're evil. You want all the ability to profit from war and destruction without being touched by any of it.

"Look any reason why you need to talk like that? I have now reported you. I dont need to listen to your bad tone. If you cant have a grown up conversation then leave the thread["

Some Rando
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#364 - 2012-12-13 22:02:04 UTC
As Snow Axe rightfully points out, null-sec has every right to care about what you do in high-sec because your actions affect other players in the game.

CCP has no sense of humour.

Frying Doom
#365 - 2012-12-13 22:06:27 UTC
Snow Axe wrote:

Bud Austrene wrote:
I do not see the point in fighting other players if there is no profit.

This is...more than a little different from what you just said. Either way I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that whoever puts you in their crosshairs probably doesn't care about the kind of mental twister yet another war profiteer uses to justify themselves.

Bud Austrene wrote:
I recognize there is a lot of players that feel differently but i do not see how that makes them right and me wrong.

They're "right" in the sense that the game allows them to act. You're "wrong" if you want that stopped via artificial means. The rules of the game are the one true god here, and right now, they're so not on your side. Probably because you're a war profiteer.

Bud Austrene wrote:
I am playing well within the rules of the game and having fun.

And so are the people blowing up whoever they want! Funny that, no?

Bud Austrene wrote:

Anything you do in Eve is at the expense of someone else.

Yes, you're evil. You want all the ability to profit from war and destruction without being touched by any of it.

Ok profiting by war and not being touched by it: I believe that is called human nature.

As to ganking mission runners in Hi-sec, how pathetic, these gankers are not doing enough of it. More mission runners need to die in Hi-sec.

But as to miners, sorry shooting people who you know cannot shoot back is just cowardice pure and simple.
They attack miners in hi-sec because they are worse carebears than the carebears, they hide behind concord protection to protect them from getting ganked, so that they are safe to gank the defenceless.

Cowards just cowards. There are plenty of targets that can shoot back but no they have to beat up the helpless.

They and people who support them should hang their heads in shame, cowardice should never be applauded.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Marlona Sky
State War Academy
Caldari State
#366 - 2012-12-13 22:08:30 UTC
Some Rando wrote:
As Snow Axe rightfully points out, null-sec has every right to care about what you do in high-sec because your actions affect other players in the game.

It is a two way street. Butterfly effect and all. Which is why high sec has every right to care about what people do in null sec.
Some Rando
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#367 - 2012-12-13 22:14:14 UTC
Marlona Sky wrote:
It is a two way street. Butterfly effect and all. Which is why high sec has every right to care about what people do in null sec.

Has anyone said otherwise?

Some Rando
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#368 - 2012-12-13 22:16:43 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
But as to miners, sorry shooting people who you know cannot shoot back is just cowardice pure and simple.
They attack miners in hi-sec because they are worse carebears than the carebears, they hide behind concord protection to protect them from getting ganked, so that they are safe to gank the defenceless.

Cowards just cowards. There are plenty of targets that can shoot back but no they have to beat up the helpless.

They and people who support them should hang their heads in shame, cowardice should never be applauded.

Incorrect, gankers are brave soldiers of peace helping to dismantle the engines of war, one miner at a time.

Frying Doom
#369 - 2012-12-13 22:18:03 UTC
Some Rando wrote:
Marlona Sky wrote:

Has anyone said otherwise?

You might want to read some of the posts in Jita park, where it is suggested that Hi-sec representatives would be useless as they do not know the game.

While People in Null would be great as they know all about every part of the game.

Also it has been stated many times that people from hi-sec dont know anything about null and should shut up (ok I actually agree with that one)

So yeah it has been said.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Some Rando
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#370 - 2012-12-13 22:21:36 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
Also it has been stated many times that people from hi-sec dont know anything about null and should shut up (ok I actually agree with that one)

So yeah it has been said.

Well, you gave the reason why it has been said, and even agreed with it. Null-sec has a much more vested interest in what high-sec does than vice-versa. It really doesn't matter, though, since most high-sec people would rather just play solo, AFK, or what-not, and probably don't give a **** what null-sec does.

Nytak
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#371 - 2012-12-13 22:28:21 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:

Ok profiting by war and not being touched by it: I believe that is called human nature.

As to ganking mission runners in Hi-sec, how pathetic, these gankers are not doing enough of it. More mission runners need to die in Hi-sec.

Whose fault is it that the miner had no means to defend himself? The person who saw the defenseless miner and moved in on the opportunity, or the miner who naively went out thinking he was "safe"?

Two options exist. Bring protection, or eat the loss and place a bounty on someone. Only one of these has a chance at saving the mining vessel before it explodes.
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#372 - 2012-12-13 22:30:12 UTC
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
Acac Sunflyier wrote:
Silath Slyver Silverpine wrote:

4) Lastly, I fail to see how the economy is so horribly unbalanced in favor of highsec at the moment, and even if it were, how this would affect nullsec in any significant way, given that many nullsec corporations and alliances are not only capable of pulling in hefty amounts of ISK, but are also capable of producing their own equipment.

It isn't that the economy i skewed for null sec. It's more that certain activities are 1,000 easier to do in highsec than nullsec. Take industry for example. manufacturing. In order for manufacturing to happen in nullsec, first minerals must be moved from one station to another. In nullsec some stations can reprocess but have no manufacturing slots at all. In others, there is manufacturing and no reprocessing. In others there is only research and no manufacturing or reprocessing. Three out of the four types of stations have about 6 corp office slots while one has 24 but no research, manufacturing, or reprocessing. That gets the nullers kinda upset with the extra hoops.

The little detail is, you don't cut a leg to cure the headache.
If all those super-vocal dudes started creating some constructive thread about adding manufacturing and refining slots and whatever else is needed, maybe CCP would take them in more account than when they just demand nerfs on unrelated other content.

Just the attitude of "if I can't have it then nobody else shall" is a crappy attitude that characterizes envious and bilious people.

I bet that if they switched to just asking what they need they'd even get support from the other players. But no, they prefer putting themselves in the "nasty ass niche", spew bile around and demand CCP listens to them. Not going to happen.

Yeah so at this point I'm going to call bullshit, because all I've seen is people asking for better facilities in null.

So get off your cross and point to the guys that are calling for you to be martyred

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

turmajin
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#373 - 2012-12-13 22:30:45 UTC
The only problem with 0.0 atm ,is the lack of a proper station ,where an alliance/corp can refine and build /manufature the goods it wants.That will change when CCP brings in the new modular POSes ,so a corp/alliance can build a station to suit its needsAt the present time most o.o alliances use high sec industry to some extent,espically for manufaturing ,once thats solved ,and they can be as inderpendant as they want .These threads will be a rareity imo.
Bud Austrene
Secure Haven
#374 - 2012-12-13 22:33:52 UTC
Snow Axe wrote:

Bud Austrene wrote:
Could you explain how I am so wrong and maybe why you seem to feel the need to campaign against me and people like me.
Am I evil?

Actually. profiting from other people's stupidity, I thought, was being smart. War and destruction for no constructive purpose
is just dumb. Besides, I sell my stuff to both sides. Where to you get your ammo, ships and modules.
If some of us were not willing to mine and make stuff you would have no target to shoot.
The goons had a lot of fun shooting Hulks a while back. If not for people like me who would you shoot and where would you get replacement ships.
You and those like you are the ones that want to do mindless violence, I do not see why you think i need to sink to your level of insanity.

Yes I am an alt. I see no reason to make it easy for bullies and greifers

HydroSan
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#375 - 2012-12-13 22:41:40 UTC
Null sec players care about what goes on in hi-sec because we are all playing the same game. Things are connected. Much like a butterfly flapping its wings in Brazil can cause a hurricane. A L4 in hi-sec giving 50m/hr can cause all of nullsec to become empty and void.
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#376 - 2012-12-13 23:33:48 UTC
HydroSan wrote:
Null sec players care about what goes on in hi-sec because we are all playing the same game. Things are connected. Much like a butterfly flapping its wings in Brazil can cause a hurricane. A L4 in hi-sec giving 50m/hr can cause all of nullsec to become empty and void.

A bot insanely ratting high value NPCs in nullsec getting well more than 50M/h can cause all of nullsec to become empty and void. Yet he's defended, blued, hidden, automated, his POS left there as emergency shelter and nobody of the hypocrites all around him move a finger, even just to report him.
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#377 - 2012-12-13 23:34:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Vaerah Vahrokha
Malcanis wrote:
Yeah so at this point I'm going to call bullshit, because all I've seen is people asking for better facilities in null.

So get off your cross and point to the guys that are calling for you to be martyred

1) You see bullshit because you selectively read what your biased point of view makes you to.

Two proofs:

a) My own post stated "I bet that if they switched to just asking what they need"

bolded the word that matters. They not very long ago (and expecially after a discussion between me and Mynna) started to describe the stressful and lacking situation of nullsec which is under the eyes of everyone.

Before that, it's been James 315-alike manifestos and similar, for years, with pure despising for those dastardly guys who decided to play where casual players find the best chances to enjoy the game despite only being able to see a small part of it.

b) Years and years of gratuitous flaming, teasing and trolling high sec players with nothing but confrontational attitude, don't fit with your definition of "all I've seen is people asking for better facilities in null".

Sure, many hi seccers are "casual" / "randoms" whatever dire guilt so they WILL tend to cry for stupid stuff like having their barge popped but that grants a laugh, not ideological scorched earth campaigns.

As Hulkageddon supporter and hopefully (in the sense, I hope we'll have another in 2013) sponsor, I am all for popping idiots.
But that's PvP and that's where it ends for me.
Different than this, is those who setup vast hate campaigns, discrimination, ideological spite.
Those in my eyes are a case of harassment or "stalking" because it trascends PvP, it is a sad joke made by sad people even if it's claimed to be just metagame.

2) Me martyred? How can anyone martyr me? I play once every several days, when the markets align how I predicted and I do my (markets) nasty PvP at Jita IV CNAP.

I just can't stand GD being continuously filled by the same garbage. Hi seccers being usually the "slow child" posting once in their life about a popped barge vs an ARMADA of 5-9 years old super pro super elite players, expert at forum PvP and able to take every opportunity to twist, flame, troll and generally be asses to those slow childs.
HydroSan
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#378 - 2012-12-13 23:38:57 UTC  |  Edited by: HydroSan
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
HydroSan wrote:

A bot insanely ratting high value NPCs in nullsec getting well more than 50M/h can cause all of nullsec to become empty and void. Yet he's defended, blued, hidden, automated, his POS left there as emergency shelter and nobody of the hypocrites all around him move a finger, even just to report him.

I had no idea Hi-sec botting was so profitable. All the more reason to nerf L4's.
Galaxy Pig
New Order Logistics
CODE.
#379 - 2012-12-14 00:19:31 UTC
What was this thread about again?

Highsec is owned by players now. Systems 0.5-1.0 are New Order Territory. All miners and other residents of Highsec must obey The Code. Mining without a permit is dangerous and harmful to the EVE community. See www.MinerBumping.com

Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#380 - 2012-12-14 00:28:51 UTC
Galaxy Pig wrote:
What was this thread about again?

Like 95% of GD threads, it's about slinging manure between two opposite barricades.