These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Help me CCP Soundwave, you're my only hope (or Post ALL your Little Things improvements wishes!)

First post First post
Author
Mars Theran
Foreign Interloper
#741 - 2012-12-10 03:27:04 UTC
Rotten Corndog wrote:
Remember the "Orbit" number I enter for each ship!

When I set my ceptor to orbit at 5km, but then flip to my oracle I obviously don't want to orbit at the same distance. Can we save the last entered orbit number with each unpackaged ship so when I get back in the previous number I entered is still there?

I have my doubts that it would be practical to do so.
zubzubzubzubzubzubzubzub
mechtech
Ice Liberation Army
#742 - 2012-12-10 03:33:14 UTC
StonerPhReaK wrote:
Statistics

NPC/player Frigates, cruisers, battleships destroyed (and what faction), roids mined (and the types), jumps, probes launched, ammo fired (what types), ships flown, wh's visited, plus w/e else you can think of. As it stands we have no idea how many times we saved that damsel, or how many rocks we've chewed for the last w/e years.

Statistics

Yeah, CCP should jump on the achievement bandwagon sooner or later. They shouldn't make it intrusive, but it should be there. I don't say that because it's something I enjoy, but because it's a proven way to boost new player retention, which in the end is good for all subscribers.

Just don't design an expansion around it, or even market it heavily, you'll get some huge flaming from the community. Just sneak an achievement page in one of these days :P
Nicen Jehr
Subsidy H.R.S.
Xagenic Freymvork
#743 - 2012-12-10 16:17:59 UTC
"Open Cargo" hotkey to more quickly loot
Karrde Belarr
Critical Horizon
#744 - 2012-12-10 16:29:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Karrde Belarr
You will change char names if a current char name is offensive.

Please let us pay you to change names, even if implementing anything like a 1 name change limit. And a little note detail that shows what your name used to be, if there are fears of it being used to escape some sort of reputation. Oh please. Sad

I hate this toon's name, and have considered petitioning to try to convince CCP that my name is somehow offensive just to get it changed.

I will pay you. Take my money.
Gizznitt Malikite
Agony Unleashed
Agony Empire
#745 - 2012-12-10 17:02:28 UTC

When in station, when I right click on a ship, I would like an "insure ship" option... This would save me a lot of time not having to open up the "insurance window" and scroll through a very long list of ships to find the one I want to insure.

LHA Tarawa
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#746 - 2012-12-10 17:16:57 UTC
My biggest peeve.

I have a nice clean screen. I open a wreck and look all. Now I have the inventory screen clogging up my screen.

If I drage the wreck out of inventory, it doesn't help... it only effects that one wreck. Next time I open a different wreck, boom, it opens in the main inventory window again.

So, I tried shrinking the inventory way down so it doen't clutter my view... Now it's always frekin' tiny and I can't see what's in the wreck!

If I open a wreck or can, OPEN it in a separate window where I can loot all, or drag to my cargo hold icon, without the main inventory window being left behind when the wreck is empty.

Istvann
Nights Of Glory
#747 - 2012-12-10 18:25:58 UTC
LHA Tarawa wrote:
My biggest peeve.

I have a nice clean screen. I open a wreck and look all. Now I have the inventory screen clogging up my screen.

If I drage the wreck out of inventory, it doesn't help... it only effects that one wreck. Next time I open a different wreck, boom, it opens in the main inventory window again.

So, I tried shrinking the inventory way down so it doen't clutter my view... Now it's always frekin' tiny and I can't see what's in the wreck!

If I open a wreck or can, OPEN it in a separate window where I can loot all, or drag to my cargo hold icon, without the main inventory window being left behind when the wreck is empty.

Odd. Mine doesn't do that. When I open a wreck or can, that is the only thing that opens. I can then choose to drag the items to my cargo button or simply hit the loot all button. Wreck/Can window then closes keeping my screen tidy.

On the flip side I can also choose to keep my cargohold window open and it does till I close it.

Sure you don't have something else going on?
Mathrin
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#748 - 2012-12-10 19:52:44 UTC
New one showed up post retribution. I used to be able to double click my ship and it would open cargo with the tabs for corp hanger ect. Now all it will open is cargo with no tabs. Only way I have found to get to corp tabs Is right click and choose open cargo to get full tabs. Please fix this.
All I'm really after is a fast way to get to corp tabs.
Midnight Hope
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#749 - 2012-12-10 21:54:34 UTC
Why, oh, why, If I want o train on a character whose queue is not active, do I have to log off, log back on with a different character to stop his skill queue and activate the first one??!

Please make it so that I can tell EVE to stop my other character's skill queue if I want to start training with another character.

Will that lower the number of daily logins you get? Well, just add a dummy login to that counter whenever I switch active training queues.
Zeko Rena
ENCOM Industries
#750 - 2012-12-10 22:08:21 UTC
Give the option to allow the exotic dancers in my items hanger to enter my captains quarters
La Volpe DaFlorence
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#751 - 2012-12-10 22:12:40 UTC
Zeko Rena wrote:
Give the option to allow the exotic dancers in my items hanger to enter my captains quarters

Damnit. I was going to ask for that, kinda the reason why I have a few pairs of them T_T

How about being able to set a custom orbit distance? Instead of just 2500, 5000, 7500 etc.
Agromos nulKaedi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#752 - 2012-12-10 22:15:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Agromos nulKaedi
Checkbox in the People and Places interface to hide all bookmarks not in the solar system i'm in right now

Checkbox in the People and Places interface to hide all folders that don't contain any visible bookmarks (such as if they are all outside of the system and the suggestion above is in effect)

On drop box to indicate what folder to add new bookmarks to, sort alphabetically

Add a number to the end of "Spot in XX" default name for new bookmarks to make it easier to pick out which is which when dropping several bookmarks in rapid succession. Number of bookmarks saved plus one works for this. "Spot #3102 in Hemin" is vastly easier to keep straight after a frenzy of dropping bookmarks than just "Spot in Hemin System".

Add "Bookmark" to objects that can be added to the overview
Nicen Jehr
Subsidy H.R.S.
Xagenic Freymvork
#753 - 2012-12-11 15:57:37 UTC
Nicen Jehr wrote:
Another camera tweak - let us bind a shortcut to 'camera forward'. This way if I'm warping to a tactical at a distant stargate I can hit the shortcut and dscan in a tight cone at max range to get a heads up about what's near the gate.

Done in Retribution 1.04! Thanks devs!
patchnotes wrote:
The 'Tracking' option in the Directional Scanner now points your camera in the direction of your selected item.
Nicen Jehr
Subsidy H.R.S.
Xagenic Freymvork
#754 - 2012-12-12 15:38:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Nicen Jehr
edit 2013-03-27
Halfway there - now there's a link to API key management from the Community site!
---

Why the hell can I still not get to my API key management from my EVE account page?

Specifically, I tend to login at http://secure.eveonline.com and upon a successful login I am redirected to this account management page.

GTC, plex, buddy referrals, character transfer, account expiry, payment methods.... BUT STILL NO LINK TO THE API KEY PAGE

It's been this way for like a decade. The API page is unnecessarily hard to find. I usually just google "EVE API key" to find it.

Anyway, I request that the devs add a link to https://support.eveonline.com/api/ from the account management landing page.

<3 NJ
Dokten Ral
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#755 - 2012-12-13 03:27:57 UTC
Saw this after posting elsewhere, but let's have drone trails back! At least for our own ships. Seems like an easy way to visually spice up drones.
stoxxine
OLVI industries
#756 - 2012-12-13 07:42:57 UTC
small things..
- add "jump" button to selected item window for different types of bridges
- save OV settings on the server (per-toon?)
- add sound or blink to fleet broadcast

btw, about saving orbit distance.. it used to be per ship. did this break in the extension?

Disclaimer: The above was probably written drunk or by a friend on my pc or a hacker. No warranty for any misinformation provided.

stoxxine
OLVI industries
#757 - 2012-12-13 07:44:08 UTC
- fix POS hangar open distance (ui seems confused about if it is 5km or 3km)
- add auto-approach to pos hangar opening

Disclaimer: The above was probably written drunk or by a friend on my pc or a hacker. No warranty for any misinformation provided.

stoxxine
OLVI industries
#758 - 2012-12-13 08:12:59 UTC
allow us to customize sounds or at least the volume of every different sound individually.

Saracena
Infinatech
#759 - 2012-12-13 08:38:38 UTC
Be a little more persistent with your inventory changes. When I drag something to the toolbar I don't want to have to drag that same thing over to the toolbar 30 seconds later, because the window got closed. Stuff dragged to the toolbar should stay there until you right click>>drop down menut>>remove from toolbar. Functionally yes, stuff can be moved to the toolbar now but no, it will not stay there.

The whole reason people hounded you about changing this was that your list style inventory system is a timesucking nightmare. Realizing that you're unwilling to get rid of the nightmare completely, some of us would like a return, as much as possible, to an easier, more configurable system that doesn't change if you close a window accidentally (or even intentionally).
Saracena
Infinatech
#760 - 2012-12-13 08:41:10 UTC
Nicen Jehr wrote:
Why the hell can I still not get to my API key management from my EVE account page?

Specifically, I tend to login at http://secure.eveonline.com and upon a successful login I am redirected to this account management page.

GTC, plex, buddy referrals, character transfer, account expiry, payment methods.... BUT STILL NO LINK TO THE API KEY PAGE

It's been this way for like a decade. The API page is unnecessarily hard to find. I usually just google "EVE API key" to find it.

Anyway, I request that the devs add a link to https://support.eveonline.com/api/ from the account management landing page.

<3 NJ

^^

And this ffs.