These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Dev blog: Fanfest 2013: EVE Online 10th Anniversary Edition

First post First post
Author
Fred Munro
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#61 - 2012-12-12 21:52:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Fred Munro
Nooooooooo,

Just tried ordering my tickets and it wont let me... errors each time... and I've booked the flight and hotel already :(

Is there an issue with booking fanfest tickets?

EDIT: All sorted, my bank was worried about the size of recent transactions... I'll book tickets in a little while...
Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#62 - 2012-12-13 00:46:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Steve Ronuken
DeadNite wrote:
I have a few questions regarding this FanFest and the options presented.

First up is the EveOnline Symphony. I am very likely missing something here but my Google skills say the following:
- 2.900-3.900 kr = $0.44-$0.59 USD
- 2,000-3,900 kr = $435.95-$585.40 USD

Can anyone at CCP assist with the actual cost in USD of the tickets for the Symphony as I am seeing kr when trying to access the checkout and my Google foo is apparently not as strong as I thought.

Hilton Reykjavik Nordica (Flight Departing from Washington DC)
- Double Hilton Guest room incl. breakfast (1 double bed in room) Per Person: $1,153 (For two: $2,306 USD)
-- While my math skills would say that 1+1 is in fact 2 I can't help but wounder why is this not cheaper as we would be using the SAME room so we are in a sense, paying twice the amount for the hotel.

Are there any plans to add an option for someone traveling with their spouse/partner that don't include paying literally double the costs while expecting to share amenities?

Additional package options for those who care:
- FlyBus round trip(Arrival/Departure): $90 USD
- Golden Circle with Devs: $78 USD
- Blue Lagoon Hangover Party: $150 USD

You're wanting ISK, not KR when you're doing conversion. (icelandic Krona, rather than swedish)

It's around 120 ISK per USD.

so 3900 isk becomes about $30

(oh, and the . is commonly used as the thousands seperator, with the comma used as the decimal seperator. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimal_mark#Hindu.E2.80.93Arabic_numeral_system )

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

Alx Warlord
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#63 - 2012-12-13 00:53:26 UTC
Sorry... but... you guys are already talking about fan fest but..... there are still allot of things that you guys said that you were going to do and ultill now nothing new.... No tesselation... no planetary ring minning... no pos revamp.... : ( but I still belive that there is time to do it.....
tabson
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#64 - 2012-12-13 00:54:15 UTC
says there are flights from Minneapolis (MSP), but when on airfare page, Can't get past the wrong airport selected. Any ideas?? other than going thru another site
Lestrade Aurilien
Minack Industrial
#65 - 2012-12-13 04:36:35 UTC
CCP Tyr wrote:
Scatim Helicon wrote:
That's just the official CCP organised Pub Crawl though. Every night at Fanfest can involve pubs and drinking if you want it to.

Tyr - am I reading this correctly that the Eve Symphony on Wednesday isn't included in the Fanfest ticket price?

Yes, the Symphony is a pretty expensive en devour so tickets for that will be sold separately.

Expensive, this was the cheapest of all with 23€ for the best seats. :)
Hienz Doofenshmirtz
Catskull Cartel
Grimskulls
#66 - 2012-12-13 05:13:20 UTC
Lestrade he meant the entire production is expensive, so they are letting Harpa handle what they are really good at, putting on and selling tickets for concerts. I has ticket already, really looking forward to everything.

www.dust514stats.com do you know?

Max Kolonko
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#67 - 2012-12-13 06:55:11 UTC
No Polish special offer from IcelandAir... Me sad, me no go to fanfest :(

Damn those plane ticket prices, Y U SO HI? :P
Asklepiodes
Bre-X Heavy Industries
#68 - 2012-12-13 08:14:43 UTC
Steve Ronuken wrote:
DeadNite wrote:
I have a few questions regarding this FanFest and the options presented.

First up is the EveOnline Symphony. I am very likely missing something here but my Google skills say the following:
- 2.900-3.900 kr = $0.44-$0.59 USD
- 2,000-3,900 kr = $435.95-$585.40 USD

Can anyone at CCP assist with the actual cost in USD of the tickets for the Symphony as I am seeing kr when trying to access the checkout and my Google foo is apparently not as strong as I thought.

Hilton Reykjavik Nordica (Flight Departing from Washington DC)
- Double Hilton Guest room incl. breakfast (1 double bed in room) Per Person: $1,153 (For two: $2,306 USD)
-- While my math skills would say that 1+1 is in fact 2 I can't help but wounder why is this not cheaper as we would be using the SAME room so we are in a sense, paying twice the amount for the hotel.

Are there any plans to add an option for someone traveling with their spouse/partner that don't include paying literally double the costs while expecting to share amenities?

Additional package options for those who care:
- FlyBus round trip(Arrival/Departure): $90 USD
- Golden Circle with Devs: $78 USD
- Blue Lagoon Hangover Party: $150 USD

You're wanting ISK, not KR when you're doing conversion. (icelandic Krona, rather than swedish)

It's around 120 ISK per USD.

so 3900 isk becomes about $30

(oh, and the . is commonly used as the thousands seperator, with the comma used as the decimal seperator. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimal_mark#Hindu.E2.80.93Arabic_numeral_system )

Ahh..... 3,900/120 = $325...

Same as the usual 200 ISK/GBP makes the tickets for the symphony 145-195 GBP.
Hienz Doofenshmirtz
Catskull Cartel
Grimskulls
#69 - 2012-12-13 08:24:00 UTC
dude 3900/120 is 32.50 not 325.00

www.dust514stats.com do you know?

Liu Ellens
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#70 - 2012-12-13 09:25:43 UTC
If maths by finger fail, use WolframAlpha for all your calculation needs Lol
http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=3900+ISK+in+USD

Well, they oughta know what to do with them hogs out there for shure.

CCP Tyr
C C P
C C P Alliance
#71 - 2012-12-13 09:27:48 UTC
mkint wrote:
CCP Tyr wrote:
mkint wrote:
My question, I'm sure will sound like a troll, but I'm 100% serious.

What are the marina facilities like at Harpa for the people (person? me?) who prefer to arrive by boat?

Not sure if serious...

Also not sure if you mean by arriving to Iceland by boat in general because no boat arrives at Harpa. They all arrive on other harbors. But Harpa does have a harbor I believe so if you want to make a scene and rent a boat and arrive on it then anything is possible if you have the cash.

If so, let us know and we might do something CCP only does Big smile

Cheers,
CCP Tyr

I'm in the process of buying a sailboat, and sailing to fanfest is totally reasonable for me. I saw on google maps that harpa has a dock but I couldn't find any info on their website for usage. If I can swing free docking for the event, that would be awesome, but if I have to anchor out, or stay at another marina, that would be okay too.

I will send an email to the venue and ask around. See what I can dig up.

Best regards,
CCP Tyr
CCP Tyr
C C P
C C P Alliance
#72 - 2012-12-13 09:30:11 UTC
Reiisha wrote:
CCP Tyr wrote:
Torales wrote:
Can you please check the links for the german icelandair package. There not working and going to the 2012 package.

thanks

I will look into that! Thanks

The Dutch package is all in German and links to the German booking.

I think there's been a switchup....

Thanks for the tip. I will notify Icelandair

Cheers,
CCP Tyr
CCP Tyr
C C P
C C P Alliance
#73 - 2012-12-13 09:31:16 UTC
Logix42 wrote:
There's going to be a live stream again this year right? If so can you offer a watch-on-demand feature? Even if it's just with the HD paid version. I won't be free all day every day to watch constantly but I really don't want to miss anything. Fanfest is right during exam time for me :(

Anyways, main point, I'd be willing to pay the 20$ for a HD/watch-on-demand stream

Noted :)

Cheers,
CCP Tyr
CCP Tyr
C C P
C C P Alliance
#74 - 2012-12-13 09:35:31 UTC
tabson wrote:
says there are flights from Minneapolis (MSP), but when on airfare page, Can't get past the wrong airport selected. Any ideas?? other than going thru another site

It doesn't seem they are offering the Fanfest package from Minneapolis. Try calling the Icelandair office for more info.

http://www.icelandair.us/information/customer-support/contact-us/

Best regards,
CCP Tyr

CCP Tyr
C C P
C C P Alliance
#75 - 2012-12-13 09:37:25 UTC
Lestrade Aurilien wrote:
CCP Tyr wrote:
Scatim Helicon wrote:
That's just the official CCP organised Pub Crawl though. Every night at Fanfest can involve pubs and drinking if you want it to.

Tyr - am I reading this correctly that the Eve Symphony on Wednesday isn't included in the Fanfest ticket price?

Yes, the Symphony is a pretty expensive en devour so tickets for that will be sold separately.

Expensive, this was the cheapest of all with 23€ for the best seats. :)

Hehe, Yes tickets are not expensive but doing a whole Symphony just for our pleasure is so we had to charge some fee instead of having it included :D

Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#76 - 2012-12-13 10:29:12 UTC
Alx Warlord wrote:
Sorry... but... you guys are already talking about fan fest but..... there are still allot of things that you guys said that you were going to do and ultill now nothing new.... No tesselation... no planetary ring minning... no pos revamp.... : ( but I still belive that there is time to do it.....

Well, no JUKEBOX any more either. Fanfest Symphony won't play on my client Cool
Terrorfrodo
Interbus Universal
#77 - 2012-12-13 10:32:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Terrorfrodo
Icelandair offers only dates that make no sense (german package). When looking for Fanfest packages, the earliest departure date is 30th May, a month after Fanfest ends, and the list goes on until September 2013 Roll

edit: Ok, if I pick Frankfurt, the offered dates make more sense. There are three other cities offered (Hamburg, Munich, Zurich) but it seems they are not actually flying from there.

CCP Tyr
C C P
C C P Alliance
#78 - 2012-12-13 10:37:09 UTC
Terrorfrodo wrote:
Icelandair offers only dates that make no sense (german package). When looking for Fanfest packages, the earliest departure date is 30th May, a month after Fanfest ends, and the list goes on until September 2013 Roll

It seems Frankfurt and Munchen are the only destinations available for the Fanfest package. The other destinations in Germany are likely summer only for Icelandair so they are not flying to/from them in April.

Best regards,
CCP Tyr
CCP Tyr
C C P
C C P Alliance
#79 - 2012-12-13 10:38:48 UTC
mkint wrote:
CCP Tyr wrote:
mkint wrote:
My question, I'm sure will sound like a troll, but I'm 100% serious.

What are the marina facilities like at Harpa for the people (person? me?) who prefer to arrive by boat?

Not sure if serious...

Also not sure if you mean by arriving to Iceland by boat in general because no boat arrives at Harpa. They all arrive on other harbors. But Harpa does have a harbor I believe so if you want to make a scene and rent a boat and arrive on it then anything is possible if you have the cash.

If so, let us know and we might do something CCP only does Big smile

Cheers,
CCP Tyr

I'm in the process of buying a sailboat, and sailing to fanfest is totally reasonable for me. I saw on google maps that harpa has a dock but I couldn't find any info on their website for usage. If I can swing free docking for the event, that would be awesome, but if I have to anchor out, or stay at another marina, that would be okay too.

Talk to Faxaflóahafnir aka Associated Icelandic Ports

http://faxafloahafnir.is/faxafloahafnir/en/
Lestrade Aurilien
Minack Industrial
#80 - 2012-12-13 11:26:05 UTC
Terrorfrodo wrote:

edit: Ok, if I pick Frankfurt, the offered dates make more sense. There are three other cities offered (Hamburg, Munich, Zurich) but it seems they are not actually flying from there.

Frankfurt is the only Airport in Germany where Icelandair operates directly. The other Airports are serviced by Star Alliance partner Airlines, so that`s probably the reason why the package is only valid from FRA.