These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Targeted and Scrammed from 350km

Author
Jonny Baconbits
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1 - 2012-12-11 20:49:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonny Baconbits
Was cruising around Kylmabe doing some general exploration and warped to a belt at 100. Was greeted by some Guristas Frigates. Well I hung out a little too long because from 100km, I was targeted and jammed.

Since I was in a scan frigate with no way to pew pew, I hit my MWD and started heading away from the belt. I got to 325km from them before the jamming finally stopped, and when I warped off at 350km they were still targeting me.

Is this the Retribution you fine Dev's were hoping to achieve? Where can I get one of those jamming mods?

Signed,
Another satisifed customer
Annunaki soldier
Perkone
Caldari State
#2 - 2012-12-11 20:57:00 UTC
dont cry people havent lost a drone , ewar on missions or rats are ok whats to complain. I sure hope they will get fix things fast m8 because at the momment they are ruining the gameplay for a big enough portion of the eve playerbase.

Ride hard, live with passion 

Jonny Baconbits
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#3 - 2012-12-11 21:00:43 UTC
Just wanted to point out other places with sleeper AI has gone wrong. I could have bored the rest of the community with my Rattlesnake stories, lost Tech 2 Sentries, almost losing 600million ISK ships due to whole room aggro, etc, etc.

Instead I'll try to help out the Devs with things others havent posted, unsubscribe my accounts from auto-renew, keep watching for useful Dev posts about changes to areas of the game that I'm fond of, and remembering when toons with 6-12 months of training could actually solo some profitable content.

Anarchy Manifesto
KillTronic
Fraternity.
#4 - 2012-12-11 21:18:03 UTC
The title of this thread was misleading.
Rhaetic
Black Ice Consortium
#5 - 2012-12-11 21:28:03 UTC
Anarchy Manifesto wrote:
The title of this thread was misleading.

But it's close enough for government work.

That is, he was being targeted and scrammed at insane ranges.
Sister Lumi
Doomheim
#6 - 2012-12-12 07:10:50 UTC
NPC weapons and EWAR really should have realistic effects and ranges. I'd consider fixing this a high priority.
Joanna RB
JoJo Industries n Shipbreakers
#7 - 2012-12-12 19:42:52 UTC
Sister Lumi wrote:
NPC weapons and EWAR really should have realistic effects and ranges. I'd consider fixing this a high priority.

I was looking for a little PVP in lowsec last week, hopping between belts looking for ratters. Came across a belt with 3 cruddy rat frigs, 'Threat level - Low' and about 1k bounty. The kind that you could solo all three with a starter frig armed with the 1 civvy laser and no mids/lows. Thought nothing of it.

Then they targetted me.

From 120k.

Didnt have time to burn away and see what thier actual range was, but seriously - entry level player frigs barely target beyond 40k fully fitted, these things yellowboxing me from 120?
Dzajic
#8 - 2012-12-12 20:00:51 UTC
Guristas going wild.
Buzzy Warstl
Quantum Flux Foundry
#9 - 2012-12-12 20:09:14 UTC
Dzajic wrote:
Guristas goinggone wild.

ftfy

http://www.mud.co.uk/richard/hcds.htm Richard Bartle: Players who suit MUDs

Cartheron Crust
The Tuskers
The Tuskers Co.
#10 - 2012-12-12 20:36:10 UTC
Buzzy Warstl wrote:
Dzajic wrote:
Guristas goinggone wild.

ftfy

Would d/l and have a look.
Firestorm Delta
Aphotic Machina
#11 - 2012-12-13 01:02:13 UTC
I'd like to be able to fire torpedoes over 100km, while jamming as well.
ohhd
Criterion.
Pandemic Legion
#12 - 2012-12-13 03:16:34 UTC
I have also noticed problems with the new AI.. I go to a belt to do a little ratting before a roam and notice the belts are 120km away.. then I notice that the cruisers in the belt (using heavy missiles) are hitting me from that range.. I'm just wondering why heavy missiles were nerfed for players but not NPCs lolol
Nex apparatu5
Blackwood Co.
#13 - 2012-12-13 04:20:13 UTC
You do know rats using unnerfed weapons and jamming from obscenely long ranges happened before this patch too, right?
DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#14 - 2012-12-17 05:40:30 UTC  |  Edited by: DeMichael Crimson
Doesn't matter if it was before or after the expansion, the NPC EWAR / Targeting / Range, etc is way overpowered and definitely needs to be brought down to the level of player ships.

Like the 4 Elite Cruisers doing the Perma-Jamming in the very last mission of the level 4 Caldari Epic Arc.

DMC
Mund Richard
#15 - 2012-12-18 00:57:22 UTC
Nex apparatu5 wrote:
You do know rats using unnerfed weapons and jamming from obscenely long ranges happened before this patch too, right?

Yupp, like those torps and citadel torps they use, would really like to buy from them.
I'd go out in their controlled nullsec and buy, if they only had it for LP or anything.
Somehow the ones they drop are of the shoddy version.
It's a conspiracy! Evil

"We want PvE activities to require active participation and mirror PvP more closely." Stacking penalty for NPC EWAR then? Lock range under 9km from over 100 in a BS is not fun. Nor is two NPC web drones making me crawl 10m/s. PvP SW-900 x5: 75m/s.