These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

I just found a physical copy of EVE Online 'Gemini'

First post First post
Author
Jessica Danikov
Network Danikov
#21 - 2012-12-11 20:31:24 UTC
Pretty GuyYeah
#22 - 2012-12-11 21:10:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Pretty GuyYeah
Why didn't you screenshot it?

Edit: LOL I WOULD NEVER HAVE PICKED THAT UP XD

Post with your main.

A legend walks among us, a genius so significant he so dares to degrade himself as camouflage when you dispute.

Jessica Danikov
Network Danikov
#23 - 2012-12-11 21:26:18 UTC
Not bad for a 10th anniversary. Maybe I'll take it to fanfest and get in signed, finally ;)
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#24 - 2012-12-11 21:35:16 UTC
Jessica Danikov wrote:
Not bad for a 10th anniversary. Maybe I'll take it to fanfest and get in signed, finally ;)

Thanks for this incredibly WOW! thread.

Yes, present it for signatures at FanFest and post pics.

Someday it would make a great charity auction item, if you could ever bear to part with it.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Karash Amerius
The Seven Shadows
Scotch and Tea
#25 - 2012-12-11 21:39:10 UTC
Still have two boxes myself. Maybe they will be collectors items one day.

Karash Amerius Operative, Sutoka

ISD Suvetar
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#26 - 2012-12-12 01:36:28 UTC
Jessica Danikov wrote:

Wowzers, Thanks for taking the time to do this!

[b]ISD Suvetar Captain/Commando Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs) Interstellar Services Department[/b]

CCP SoniClover
C C P
C C P Alliance
#27 - 2012-12-12 01:52:22 UTC
Jessica Danikov wrote:

Interesting tidbit: 24 people named in the credit list are still working at CCP Smile
Jessica Danikov
Network Danikov
#28 - 2012-12-12 01:58:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Jessica Danikov
Makes me yearn for the Beta and the corporation I was in (Endless Corp, run by the infamous Istvaan Shogatsu, back then going by HellGremlin and, if you look carefully, mentioned in the credits for his POTWs which where, in all honesty, pretty fantastic and still available too). I recall Jita NOT being the trade hub, the game DIDN'T have a map (I lead an effort to map it... it wasn't nearly as good as dotlan though), and stacking microwarpdrives on a thorax gave insane speeds that allowed for inter-planetary travel. The music was fantastic, even back then, and I'd love to see a return of the giant spinning ≡V≡ (10th anniversary ideas, CCP?) with v3 shaders.

I think the thing I miss the most is that when chatting in local, if a ship was on grid with you, the chat would appear above the ship. I once snapped a shot of two Ibises hovering over planet, one of them uttering 'Woah, I can see my house from here.' I think there was an EVE webcomic inspired by this feature as well- now you know where it comes from. I wish I still had that image... maybe on an old hard drive. I may have to do some more archaeology.

It'd be nice to bring that feature back... optional of course- probably want to turn it off during fleet fights, or set it to fleet channel only, and it probably should be disabled for cloaked vessels, but it'd certainly make it more obvious where the anchor is (looks for the ship saying 'AAAAAAAAAAA').

I really don't miss only being able to see highs, mids or lows at one time. And no more learning skills- yay!

Also spent some time working with the BugHunters (not sure if they're around any more- probably rolled into ISD if they are)- not that I have time for anything like that any more. I'm glad I got to do my bit to help out way back then.

Good times, good times.
Wilhelm Riley
Doomheim
#29 - 2012-12-12 02:06:40 UTC
Come on CCP, give us a pre 2005 version of EVE on the test server for a weekend, I thought we were friends! Sad
Shylari Avada
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#30 - 2012-12-12 02:07:15 UTC
Jessica Danikov wrote:
Makes me yearn for the Beta and he corporation I was in (Endless Corp, run by the infamous Istvaan Shogatsu, back then going by HellGremlin and, if you look carefully, mentioned in the credits for his POTWs which where, in all honesty, pretty fantastic and still available too). I recall Jita NOT being the trade hub, the game DIDN'T have a map

The tradehub was in Yulai, and I the routes to/from Yulai were changed making it a less 'central' focal point in the game at the time.
Jessica Danikov
Network Danikov
#31 - 2012-12-12 02:11:03 UTC
Indeed it was. Yulai. And if I recall correctly, we only had 4 constellations to play in. When they released the map and unveiled the true size of the EVE 'verse, we all wondered at the possibilities, that we could lose ourselves deep in nullsec and form distant cabals with little contact with the greater EVE world.

I suppose we were dreaming of w-space.

These days, the EVE universe feels a bit small. How peculiar.
ISD TYPE40
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#32 - 2012-12-12 09:50:25 UTC
I still have my original boxed copy as well Big smile Nice to know I'm not the only one. Here's some of my favourite pages from the manual, enjoyCool

EVE manual and full cover art

[b]ISD Type40 Lt. Commander Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs) Interstellar Services Department[/b]

Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#33 - 2012-12-12 10:56:02 UTC
Mag's
Azn Empire
#34 - 2012-12-12 13:46:12 UTC
Yea I also still have mine. Bought it in game early 2004. Cool

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Mangold
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#35 - 2012-12-12 13:58:06 UTC
I, too, have the original box.
Jessica Danikov
Network Danikov
#36 - 2012-12-17 17:00:36 UTC
CCP SoniClover wrote:
Jessica Danikov wrote:

Interesting tidbit: 24 people named in the credit list are still working at CCP Smile

How can I work out who those 24 are, how many will be at Fanfest, and do you think I can get all of them to sign the box/manual? ;)
Liu Ellens
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#37 - 2012-12-17 18:20:49 UTC
Jessica Danikov wrote:
How can I work out who those 24 are, how many will be at Fanfest, and do you think I can get all of them to sign the box/manual? ;)

Now THAT is a good idea. I should un-dust my original as well....

Well, they oughta know what to do with them hogs out there for shure.

Previous page12