These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

ETC with exclusive items, what happens to the exclusive items when converted to PLEX?

Author
Gishank
17th Armada
#1 - 2012-12-11 08:37:30 UTC
Hi.
So whilst technically not a "New Player" question I thought this might be the best place to ask. If I were to purchase a game time code from a retailer where said time code gives a special ship and items then convert the code to PLEX, what would happen to those items? Would they also be redeemed, would they be destroyed, etc.
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#2 - 2012-12-11 08:59:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Tau Cabalander
When in doubt about such things, petition.
Seven Noctis
#3 - 2012-12-11 11:08:25 UTC
If I recall correctly, you will lose the items if you convert to PLEX. But you can petition it just to make sure.
Gishank
17th Armada
#4 - 2012-12-11 11:32:53 UTC
I decided to go ahead with it. I did lose the InterBus Catalyst, a shame really but not much can be done about it.
Vincent R'lyeh
Screaming Hayabusa
#5 - 2012-12-11 20:15:46 UTC
From the Markee Dragon GTC site:

Quote:
"*Important Notice: In order to get the Bonus items you must apply the ETC to your account. You will NOT get the bonus items if you convert this code to Plex !!!!"

I assume wherever you bought yours from would have had the same warning?

I have deliberately developed an air of cynicism that I originally intended to make me appear somewhat louche and caddish but actually comes across as irritable hostility combined with the unspoken threat of sudden violence.....

Gishank
17th Armada
#6 - 2012-12-12 11:35:51 UTC
I looked at several websites (each of which gave a custom Catalyst) and some other bits. None of them had the warning.