These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Faction warfare, A pay to win exploit.

Author
Perkin Warbeck
Higher Than Everest
#61 - 2012-12-11 00:23:38 UTC
jjohnpaul xvii wrote:
jjohnpaul xvii wrote:
Zoe Panala wrote:
Yes, I would be afraid too if I were just another risk averse, inexperienced player with more "likes" than kills in a year.

http://eve-kill.net/?a=pilot_detail&plt_id=84744

Ummm.....

http://eve-kill.net/?a=pilot_detail&plt_id=1474261

I'm waiting on a response here junior.....

I'll join the dots for you shall I.

Let's see. From the killboard it appears thar Zoe Panala was killed and podded on 14 occasions by members of her own militia. This contributed to the whole Ushra'Kahn alliance being kicked from the Minmatar militia for two days and allowing the Amarr to make significant progress in the Metropolis pocket.

But by all means killer. Keep playing the game you are playing.
Dan Carter Murray
#62 - 2012-12-11 01:35:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Dan Carter Murray
Bengal Bob wrote:
It is like Dan Carter Murray was cloned multiple times and moved to both caldari and gallente.

why do minmatar get to troll and smack but I don't :(

edit: please don't ban me for calling this minmatar a ******

http://mfi.re/?j7ldoco 50GB free space @ MediaFire.com

jjohnpaul xvii
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#63 - 2012-12-11 10:32:27 UTC
Is iT C0z dey Do IT IntelliJentlY ?

Zoe Panala
Blobcats
#64 - 2012-12-11 10:51:33 UTC
jjohnpaul xvii wrote:
jjohnpaul xvii wrote:
Zoe Panala wrote:
Yes, I would be afraid too if I were just another risk averse, inexperienced player with more "likes" than kills in a year.

Ummm.....

I do not answer you, just like trinket does not answer me.
jjohnpaul xvii
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#65 - 2012-12-11 12:17:21 UTC
Zoe Panala wrote:
jjohnpaul xvii wrote:
jjohnpaul xvii wrote:
Zoe Panala wrote:

Ummm.....

No problem. Just keen to call you out on your ludicrously hypocritcial statements. These forums have standards you know.....

o/
Cynthia Nezmor
Nezmor's Golden Griffins
#66 - 2012-12-11 14:05:34 UTC
jjohnpaul xvii wrote:
Zoe Panala wrote:
jjohnpaul xvii wrote:
jjohnpaul xvii wrote:
Zoe Panala wrote:

Ummm.....

No problem. Just keen to call you out on your ludicrously hypocritcial statements. These forums have standards you know.....

o/

No they do not.

Why do you still have problems with reading?
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2293662#post2293662

Please continue to call my obvious alts out on ludicrously hypocritcial statements.
jjohnpaul xvii
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#67 - 2012-12-11 16:13:08 UTC  |  Edited by: jjohnpaul xvii
Your link is to an argument you are having with someone else about something completely different? Not sure of the relevance.

The hypocrisy is you making this statement:

''Yes, I would be afraid too if I were just another risk averse, inexperienced player with more "likes" than kills in a year.'' with this KB to back it up: http://eve-kill.net/?a=pilot_detail&plt_id=1474261 (and in fact actually having more likes than kills yourself on it)

The wider hypocrisy is:

You - Cynthia Nezmor - being a (competent) hi-sec station gaming/neutral repping//ECM/awox guy and therefore - by definition being a risk adverse PvPer > calling someone else out as ''a risk adverse PvPer''.

This is basically the dictionary definition of hypocrisy. I know English is not your first language so maybe some of this is lost in translation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypocrisy
Cynthia Nezmor
Nezmor's Golden Griffins
#68 - 2012-12-11 21:55:18 UTC
jjohnpaul xvii wrote:
Your link is to an argument you are having with someone else about something completely different? Not sure of the relevance.

The hypocrisy is you making this statement:

''Yes, I would be afraid too if I were just another risk averse, inexperienced player with more "likes" than kills in a year.'' with this KB to back it up: http://eve-kill.net/?a=pilot_detail&plt_id=1474261 (and in fact actually having more likes than kills yourself on it)

The wider hypocrisy is:

You - Cynthia Nezmor - being a (competent) hi-sec station gaming/neutral repping//ECM/awox guy and therefore - by definition being a risk adverse PvPer > calling someone else out as ''a risk adverse PvPer''.

This is basically the dictionary definition of hypocrisy. I know English is not your first language so maybe some of this is lost in translation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypocrisy

It's ok, you lost track of all this, and can't comprehend how conversation is with the same people, you can relax now.
Doctorkaba
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#69 - 2012-12-12 03:27:38 UTC
Ah this thread makes me laugh, I think this is why no one takes lowsecers (FW people specifically) srsly... Anyways to the OP, the problem seems to be that they attack you with greater numbers (regardless of mixed faction). If this is the case then you need to use some better strategy and fleets. Now if this is not the case and you could take on everyone shooting you (assuming they were in the amarrian militia) then my best suggestion is to suck it up and do missions. They are extremely boring and take a SB to do lv4s solo, but you can repair your standings realllly quickly (from shootin those minmatar guys).

So to recap:
1: think if the evil minmatar pilots and amarrian pilots were in the same amarr corp, could you stil beat those numbers coming in at you at once?
2: If so, work on your standing so you can take the faction hits, obviously CCP knows of this. Did you really think that your thread was going to change something?
3: If not, work on your fleet comp and fighting location. Are you in mainly t1 frigs and one or 2 dessies? Tell those dessy pilots to reship or gtfo and stick to those novices. Or the other way around, make everyone in your fleet get into 300-400 dps dessys or alpha thrashers and insta pop everyone.

Hope this helps, and lastly, this one of those "learning curves" you need to get past. If you can't get past something like this then maybe eve isnt the correct MMO for you =\. (heard GW2 is dang awesome, would play but i am addicted to this stupid game :P)

Want some pvp help? Like to fly small and fast frigates? Then join the in game channel Tenori_Tigers!

Cynthia Nezmor
Nezmor's Golden Griffins
#70 - 2012-12-12 13:17:01 UTC
Doctorkaba wrote:
Ah this thread makes me laugh, I think this is why no one takes lowsecers (FW people specifically) srsly... Anyways to the OP, the problem seems to be that they attack you with greater numbers (regardless of mixed faction). If this is the case then you need to use some better strategy and fleets. Now if this is not the case and you could take on everyone shooting you (assuming they were in the amarrian militia) then my best suggestion is to suck it up and do missions. They are extremely boring and take a SB to do lv4s solo, but you can repair your standings realllly quickly (from shootin those minmatar guys).

So to recap:
1: think if the evil minmatar pilots and amarrian pilots were in the same amarr corp, could you stil beat those numbers coming in at you at once?
2: If so, work on your standing so you can take the faction hits, obviously CCP knows of this. Did you really think that your thread was going to change something?
3: If not, work on your fleet comp and fighting location. Are you in mainly t1 frigs and one or 2 dessies? Tell those dessy pilots to reship or gtfo and stick to those novices. Or the other way around, make everyone in your fleet get into 300-400 dps dessys or alpha thrashers and insta pop everyone.

Hope this helps, and lastly, this one of those "learning curves" you need to get past. If you can't get past something like this then maybe eve isnt the correct MMO for you =\. (heard GW2 is dang awesome, would play but i am addicted to this stupid game :P)

As always, you are insane. Problem was that they literally brought 10 for every ship we had. So I put some awoxing alts there, to kill a few so we can take 2 of us in dessies against Hurricane and small stuff, and actually kill at least one before dying. And to think it would cause a whole thread full of blatant lies, and tl dr posts by people who have no idea what is going on. Lol
Doctorkaba
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#71 - 2012-12-12 13:39:02 UTC
Cynthia Nezmor wrote:

As always, you are insane. Problem was that they literally brought 10 for every ship we had. So I put some awoxing alts there, to kill a few so we can take 2 of us in dessies against Hurricane and small stuff, and actually kill at least one before dying. And to think it would cause a whole thread full of blatant lies, and tl dr posts by people who have no idea what is going on. Lol

as one who had to deal with awoxers in my time in the minny militia, if they locked you shot :) simple as that. If you are worried about faction standings, grind your way to lv4s then grinds lv4s, sucks but unless you want to run every time a possible awoxer comes into your plex then you gotta do what ya gotta do.

As i mentioned before, this is one of those things you just have to deal with, move past it or let it master you.

Want some pvp help? Like to fly small and fast frigates? Then join the in game channel Tenori_Tigers!

Trinkets friend
Sudden Buggery
Sending Thots And Players
#72 - 2012-12-12 14:21:31 UTC
I hate Risk.

Control the Americas and you never lose. Get Australia, you never win.
Cara Rector
#73 - 2012-12-12 17:05:44 UTC
blame canada
Pinky Feldman
Amarrian Vengeance
Ragequit Cancel Sub
#74 - 2012-12-14 20:13:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Pinky Feldman
Doctorkaba wrote:
Cynthia Nezmor wrote:

as one who had to deal with awoxers in my time in the minny militia, if they locked you shot :) simple as that. If you are worried about faction standings, grind your way to lv4s then grinds lv4s, sucks but unless you want to run every time a possible awoxer comes into your plex then you gotta do what ya gotta do.

As i mentioned before, this is one of those things you just have to deal with, move past it or let it master you.

Pretty much this. Its a frustrating issue for sure, and I fully sympathize with OP. As someone on the other side of the great fights that I know many of the new FW players were enjoying on both sides, I feel like I can speak for everyone when I sympathize with your realization of how great the fights can be in FW, only to be met with frustrating game mechanics, and then the followup trolling/being labeled as a whiner by other sides.

My only advice to the OP is to not get too frustrated long-term and keep these things perspective when you see similar complaints from the Amarr. We spend too much time lobbying against each other, when we could be lobbying together against CCP. Supposedly, militias have struggled to get along historically, so I'm sure many will label this as a pipe dream, but I feel like there are enough new-guard FW people that haven't become quite so bittervet that we can't at least improve on the past. Despite the super-cereal path that FW seems to be on with the focus on winning the warzone and game mechanics that dogpile the "losing" faction, at the end of the day, regardless of what faction we're in, winning or losing, in the eyes of CCP we are all still FW and I would hope that we all try to be more productive together in the future.

People need to realize that someone in the opposing faction leaving might be a victory and help your faction win, but in the context of the FW feature that belongs to us, its a net loss since its less players in FW and therefore of less relevance to CCP and no, I don't mean farmers or people only there for ISK, I mean the people that I actually fly with day in and day out, and the people I fight against.
Mich Farmer
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#75 - 2012-12-14 20:36:36 UTC
Doctorkaba wrote:
Ah this thread makes me laugh, I think this is why no one takes lowsecers (FW people specifically) srsly...

Jokes on you clearly then, since you are one of them...
Vasya Kosyakov
X-Exclusion-X
#76 - 2013-01-02 17:57:44 UTC
Tekitha wrote:
X Gallentius wrote:
Horrible idea. Faction hits should be retained. You don't like blobcats? War dec them. Problem solved.

why should faction hits be retained? what other area of eve prohibits you from shooting some1 with an (almost impossible to fix)
standing hit. I mean jesus, u can even awox a corp mate without the game penalising you in any way shape or form. Why shoudlnt you be able to shoot a "purple" freely?

I apologize if someone already said this but could not be arsed reading the whining to much further.

If you remove the standings hit for killing your own militia then you have just legitimized what they are trying to do to you anyway. They will have plenty of enemy militia alts and simply point you whilst they bring in their proper toons to gank your mechanic ignorant asses!

Gah'Matar
Dam-Torsad Honor Guard
Khimi Harar
#77 - 2013-01-02 20:49:48 UTC
Vasya Kosyakov wrote:
If you remove the standings hit for killing your own militia then you have just legitimized what they are trying to do to you anyway. They will have plenty of enemy militia alts and simply point you whilst they bring in their proper toons to gank your mechanic ignorant asses!

It's only suspect FW chars that shouldn't cause standing hits.

Awoxer becomes suspect, everyone in system can shoot back.

Awoxer no longer protected by crap mechanic, in fact he's the only one losing standing (and sec).
Zoe Panala
Blobcats
#78 - 2013-01-02 21:26:33 UTC
bumping my own thread for more blatant lies
Ginger Barbarella
#79 - 2013-01-02 22:19:19 UTC
Your first mistake was reading Militia chat.

"Blow it all on Quafe and strippers." --- Sorlac

Cynthia Nezmor
Nezmor's Golden Griffins
#80 - 2013-01-04 17:03:02 UTC
bump

dont stop the flow of lies