These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Running a Corporation as a Corporation (Questions)

First post
Author
Darenthul
Anstard Armory Inc.
#21 - 2012-12-10 20:09:42 UTC
ISD Cura Ursus wrote:
Trit wrote:
Is there anyway for a non corp member to make a push for CEO of a corp if they own shares in the corp?

As far as I know, no.

Out of corp shareholders _do_ get to vote, but only in corp members can start a vote.
and even if they did, they would not get anything out of it but a useless corp.
(that is to say, you would only transfer isk to corp right before you distributed dividends, thus ensuring that the shareholder corp had no assets to steal).

This is why creating a secondary "shareholder" corp is a good idea.

The more you know.

That's pretty awesome.

"I find mining to be an incredibly relaxing thing to do after work. It's like fishing without waking up early. Or cold. But the beer, the beer is the same." - arramdaywalker

Akira Menoko
Stratotech Industries
Intrepid Crossing
#22 - 2012-12-11 20:57:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Akira Menoko
As I'm writing this I don't have a whole lot of time so I'll be keeping this brief. Big smile

Some of the things others have mentioned are very important:

• Don't give out shares
  • Any shares held by the corp take for yourself ASAP
  • If you must give out shares or a previous CEO gave out shares, make sure you have at minimum 51% so you can out vote anyone.
  • Avoid making expenditures out of Master wallet except maybe automated once. Tax income goes there, so it's a good "weekly profit" holder.

Some things I've done/learned that seems to have helped.

• Have motivated and driven directors. If you don't you have to either keep on them like a slave driver or do everything yourself. Both are bad.
  • Create a Business Plan. You're starting to treat things like a business, go whole hog and write down your goals and how you plan to go about them.
  • You have 7 wallet divisions, make good use of them. I always have one wallet as a "zero balance" wallet. This is for those pesky tasks that people need wallet access to carry out. I'm looking at you Mr. BPO Research and Ms. Manufacturing. The only time money goes into these wallets is when someone makes a deposit to pay for a job they start.

Planning is key, carrying it out is golden. You need to take the time to come up with a solid plan, and then actually follow through on it. I've seen a lot of people (myself included) have big ideas and make big plans, but never really accomplish anything because we never really got past idea/planning stage.

You can mail me in game if you want to discuss any of this in greater detail. Or just reply here, that works too. Big smile
Previous page12