These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

What are some ships that need visual touch-ups?

First post First post
Author
Skippermonkey
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#61 - 2012-12-10 12:01:49 UTC
The sansha turdship carrier Revenant

COME AT ME BRO

I'LL JUST BE DOCKED IN THIS STATION

Codie Dunier
Doomheim
#62 - 2012-12-10 12:07:50 UTC
I honestly think it's about time someone did something to make the Thrasher look less like a giant, metallic Gubby-fish. It just doesn't fit with Minmatar to have a giant fish-shaped ship.
GallowsCalibrator
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#63 - 2012-12-10 12:18:02 UTC
Codie Dunier wrote:
I honestly think it's about time someone did something to make the Thrasher look less like a giant, metallic Gubby-fish. It just doesn't fit with Minmatar to have a giant fish-shaped ship.

The Thrasher is awesome! One of the genuinely mean-looking ships in the game.
(And the Sabre paintjob just makes it meaner.)
Stitcher
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#64 - 2012-12-10 14:13:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Stitcher
Right now my votes would be for the Moa, Badgers 1 and 2, Typhoon, Rupture, Machariel, Dominix, and all four titans.

AKA Hambone

Author of The Deathworlders

Warde Guildencrantz
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#65 - 2012-12-10 14:18:41 UTC
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Ckra Trald wrote:
Dominix
Moa

anything not symmetrical

Symetrical ships are for the simple mind.

There's asymmetrical ships that most people agree look nice:

naga
corax

But those are minor asymmetricalities, not ridiculous ones like the osprey and moa, that just look like nonsense.

TunDraGon ~ Low sec piracy since 2003 ~ Youtube ~ Join Us

Stitcher
Caldari State
#66 - 2012-12-10 14:20:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Stitcher
The Moa definitely has that Chris Foss look to it. "IT LURCHED DRUNKENLY FROM OUTER SPACE!!!"

AKA Hambone

Ager Agemo
Rainbow Ponies Incorporated
#67 - 2012-12-10 14:24:06 UTC
Raven hulls are ******* ugly

Moa makes me want to puke

Rokh its fine but it lacks details and a meaner look, maybe its too small and slim?

Abaddon is awesome but still looks like a chubby BFG goon, maybe it could be made longer to look bigger and meaner.

Harbinger, could get its wings sweep a little backward.

Prophecy its a fat chicken.

Condor, way too plain and square for a fast captor ship, given caldari nature, i would really expect it to be much sleeker.

Any capital ship. looks like piece of crap, if not by the model, then because the textures have an obscenely low resolution.

Revenant!!!!! its a space flying turd, that also lacks any decent firepower or battle worth features.
Jerick Ludhowe
Internet Tuff Guys
#68 - 2012-12-10 14:29:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Jerick Ludhowe
Every ship with a drone bay that does not have a drone bay modeled onto the ship. The list on this one is extremely long... CCP Even managed to drop the ball on the new vagabond/stabber fleet issue and imo both ships need a very moderate remodel to include some sort of small drone bay.
Stegas Tyrano
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#69 - 2012-12-10 14:48:23 UTC
In my opinion-

Complete Remodels;

Mining Barges
Moa
Burst
Bantam
Navitas
Celestis
Space Potato a.k.a Dominix
Blackbird
Imicus
Iterons
- LOLNOSEONASTICK

Touch Ups;
Update the frigates with their stealth bomber models.
Rupture
Armageddon
Typhoon

Herping your derp since 19Potato - [url=https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2403364][Proposal] - Ingame Visual Adverts[/url]

ISD Suvetar
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#70 - 2012-12-10 14:50:15 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:
Aralieus wrote:
The omen is missing its other stubbly wing

If the omen had both its wings, it would by FAR be the best looking ship in game.

Cool

If the prophecy was a little slimmer, it would pwn Big smile

[b]ISD Suvetar Captain/Commando Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs) Interstellar Services Department[/b]

Berendas
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#71 - 2012-12-10 15:18:58 UTC
Capitals need to be scaled up in size, they are far too visually underwhelming for their strength.
unit114
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#72 - 2012-12-10 15:41:07 UTC
The Falcon, Oh god the falcon hurts my eyes.

Warde Guildencrantz
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#73 - 2012-12-10 15:46:24 UTC
unit114 wrote:
The Falcon, Oh god the falcon hurts my eyes.

I like it's paint job, however the hull could use a bit of work (it has the right ECM'y feel, but its a bit too ugly, needs a visible cockpit and a bit less blockyness)

TunDraGon ~ Low sec piracy since 2003 ~ Youtube ~ Join Us

Stitcher
Caldari State
#74 - 2012-12-10 15:52:33 UTC
yeah, honestly, when I think Ishukone I think white and ice blue for some reason, not yellow and black

AKA Hambone

Karrde Belarr
Critical Horizon
#75 - 2012-12-10 16:09:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Karrde Belarr
Aralieus wrote:
Karrde Belarr wrote:
Akirei Scytale wrote:
Aralieus wrote:
The omen is missing its other stubbly wing

If any artist even considers looking at the Omen, many people will hunt him down mercilessly.

The omen is beautiful! <3

The Omen and Aeon are the only Amarr ships that aren't symmetrical which makes them kind of oddballs.

Crucifier :)

I'm really happy with the treatment the Maller received at some point (I forget when, but it used to be one ugly mother).

ISD Suvetar wrote:

If the prophecy was a little slimmer, it would pwn Big smile

The Damnation, with its black color, is almost good enough to take my spot for "sexiest ship in the game" even without being slimmed down. But if that Prophecy hull wasn't so fat, good god, what a beauty that Damnation would be <3

Edit: Added second quote
Karrde Belarr
Critical Horizon
#76 - 2012-12-10 16:13:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Karrde Belarr
Berendas wrote:
Capitals need to be scaled up in size, they are far too visually underwhelming for their strength.

I agree with this and, oddly enough, I am of the opinion that there should be larger stations. I mean when was the last time you actually felt like Jita 4-4 was big enough to be the trade hub it seems? Shouldn't there be a feeling of awe you get as you warp up to it? How do all those ships fit on the undock? (Hint: They don't! :P)

A new, improved, much larger Jita 4-4 would make a lot of sense and add a ton of flavor. Trade hub stations ought to have grown in size more. :) So say in Rens, Dodixie, and Amarr maybe too. That Emperor Family Academy sure is used for a lot more than schooling, yet it remains one of the smaller Amarr stations.

EDIT: The scale of anything is hard for me to really get into well just because it's difficult to experience it in the game. When you're flying something large and you zoom in on something small it seems to be there, but when flying something small the only way you can really get a sense of scale is by centering on something large and looking at yourself as the small ship around it -- not by centering on yourself and feeling the sense of something giant looming over you. Not exactly something up for "fixing" as I don't even know how you'd begin to approach something like that, but just an observation. How much would scaling up capitals change the perception of them to smaller vessels?
Vincent Gaines
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#77 - 2012-12-10 16:19:06 UTC
Destru Kaneda wrote:
After the Stabber got OHMYGODGORGEOUS, one of the few eyesores left in the game is the Ruppie.

(I like the Moa...)

The Rup? It looks like a pirate ship. What's wrong with that?

Not a diplo. 

The above post was edited for spelling.

Therran Promitz
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#78 - 2012-12-10 16:54:55 UTC
I know people think it's endearing, but for the Caldari's cruiser gunboat, the Moa is a crime against creation.
Eli Green
The Arrow Project
#79 - 2012-12-10 16:59:52 UTC
At this rate we might as well change all of the ships into bacon shapes, so at least we can all agree that they look good.

wumbo

Name Family Name
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#80 - 2012-12-10 17:02:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Name Family Name
From an aesthetic POV, I have to agree that the new Tempest/Stabber models look better than they used to, however, they look far too clean and hightech now.

Minmatar ships were supposed to look like some insurgents taped them together from debris - now they look more slick and hightech than any other race.

Moreover, color schemes aside the new Maller and Stabber models look like they were different ships from the same race.

The new Mega model is a perfect example of how ships should be updated whilst retaining their character and looks great, but considering the direction CCP is taking with Minmatar/Amarr hulls, I'll be careful what I'm asking for, but since my opinion is irrelevant either way, here are some hulls that need work (naming the T1 base):

- Apoc
- Prophecy
- Harbinger
- Aeon
- Dominix
- Blackbird
- Moa

With the exception of the Aeon that looks like a wreck where one side exploded and thus should be completely redone, it should just be touchoups similar to the way the new Mega was done though.