These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Losing motivation - where to go from here?

Author
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#21 - 2012-12-10 06:35:07 UTC
Xtek Hemah wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
And I remember a Blog where CCP said that once a players has been in for 3 years, they NEVER quit.

Certain players are just going to have to swallow that..............about me.

I thank them for the encouragement.

EDIT: I guess it's ok for 'them' to post whatever drivel they like, apparently not OK for me. But that's a whole other story and thread.

Dude you're like a megalomaniac, how did you turn this poor guys thread into something about you!?

Yeah, it's a big thing for him to brag about his ... endurance... in EVE online, a game which gets worse, and makes you worse, the more you play it.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#22 - 2012-12-10 06:44:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Krixtal Icefluxor
Xtek Hemah wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
And I remember a Blog where CCP said that once a players has been in for 3 years, they NEVER quit.

EDIT: I guess it's ok for 'them' to post whatever drivel they like, apparently not OK for me. But that's a whole other story and thread.

Dude you're like a megalomaniac, how did you turn this poor guys thread into something about you!?

You pay so much attention to me......just who exactly is the megalomanic. Which, by the way is the wrong word:

Megalomania:
1. a delusional mental disorder that is marked by feelings of personal omnipotence and grandeur

I claimed neither.

The word you are looking for is narcisist.

EDIT: also, as if you guys never diverted a thread towards yourselves. Roll You seriously can't complain.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#23 - 2012-12-10 06:45:27 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Xtek Hemah wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:

Yeah, it's a big thing for him to brag about his ... endurance... in EVE online, a game which gets worse, and makes you worse, the more you play it.

We know cause you are still here.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Zimmy Zeta
Perkone
Caldari State
#24 - 2012-12-10 07:10:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Zimmy Zeta
@ OP

If you are only several months into Eve and are already bored, maybe that whole industry/trade thing isn't for you?

It took me a long time (started as an industrialist myself) to realize that Eve isn't a sandbox as everybody claims, but more of a theme park. You use the money you earn to buy yourself some fun- in Eve this inevtiably involves your ship getting blown up and your frozen corpse drifting through space.
ISKs are just the means to get this sort of fun, they are not the end in itself.
Just stop hoarding your money and go blow some sh*t up- it's how this game is meant to be played and it's how you get the most fun out of your time invested.

I'd like to apologize for the poor quality of the post above and sincerely hope you didn't waste your time reading it. Yes, I do feel bad about it.

Ra'Shyne Viper
Native Freshfood
#25 - 2012-12-10 08:22:20 UTC
First mistake: training trade skills first, on your first toon.

DUST 514 player

Ingame name: Vin Vicious

Yolanta Geezenstack
GWA Corp
#26 - 2012-12-10 08:44:10 UTC
No troll, I honestly think EVE isn't your game:

1. You say "it seems to take forever to get the skills to the point where you can go low-sec", but in the same post you say that you have "been playing Eve for a little over a month now". When you consider one month "forever", EVE isn't for you.

2. From your posts (trading, earning ISK, profit, developing your avatar, POS) I have the impression that you want to play a building game in space. I don't think that EVE is the right platform for this. OK, you can play that way if you like, but people will interfere with your playing style and you won't like it.
Jayson Kassis
Carbon Industries
#27 - 2012-12-10 09:08:42 UTC
Xtreem wrote:
I mean no disrespect, but if you are stuck for things to do in eve after only 1 month, then this game may not be your cup of tea!

Comments like these don't help anyone. People seem to enjoy passing along this statement as if it gives them a sense of pride or something. The man wouldn't be here if he wasn't committed.

@ the OP, ignore these statements. The first month of this game is painful. It starts to get better once you find your place. Just stick it out.
Wo nko
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2012-12-10 09:13:50 UTC
i hope you weren't interested in taking space in 0.0 op, cuz you know... a few ppl decided to ruin everyone elses chances at that
Tarvos Telesto
Blood Fanatics
#29 - 2012-12-10 09:59:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Tarvos Telesto
To OP, dont lysten to some forum emo warriors who want you quit EvE, in most cases they bored form null space becuse they are aliances slaves, and for this reason they blame for it carebears ;p

EvE isn't game, its style of living.

Lipbite
Express Hauler
#30 - 2012-12-10 10:22:20 UTC
Try incursions. They are fun and a bit more profitable than missions.
Haoibuni
Dark Venture Corporation
Kitchen Sinkhole
#31 - 2012-12-10 10:37:33 UTC
Join Red versus Blue.

You can thank me later.
dexington
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#32 - 2012-12-10 10:55:42 UTC
Buskote Al'Layl wrote:
I started out by training mostly TRADING skills and did hauling/ tried in station trading/ and I run level 4 distro missions but none of these are as profitable as I was hoping (I've read the guide to eve-central, and I've had a couple profitable hauls but it's very rare)!

If you have decided that trading/missions is not for you, you can give exploration a go. Exploration can be done on almost every skill level, and will gives good isk. The major benefit to exploration, is the in hi-sec all it takes is decent cruiser/probe skills which you can train quite quickly.

If you want to get into PvP, and still be be able to do some PvE on the side, you should consider joining Red Vs. Blue. They offer non stop pvp action only 2 jumps from jita, and it's a really good opportunity to learn the basics of pvp both in groups and solo. One of the great things about RvB is that most people fly cruiser and below, which gives everyone a chance to join the fun on a level they can afford, and you can always find someone to fight at your own skill level.

I'm a relatively respectable citizen. Multiple felon perhaps, but certainly not dangerous.

Tarvos Telesto
Blood Fanatics
#33 - 2012-12-10 11:41:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Tarvos Telesto
Coment form other site.

"Picking up Eve is like picking up a second job, or possibly a second life. I've enough stuff to deal with in my day-to-day life that I really don't want to take on another one"

Again to OP, look this awesome infografic, avoid trade aspect if you a bit confused with this game feature and try other things.

What to do in EvE

EvE isn't game, its style of living.

Xtreem
Knockaround Guys Inc.
#34 - 2012-12-10 19:05:13 UTC
I never said quit eve, eve is a sandbox, you need to make your own castle!
Karrde Belarr
Critical Horizon
#35 - 2012-12-10 19:37:18 UTC
Buskote Al'Layl wrote:
I guess ideally I'd like to use my trading skills for something profitable, maybe I'm just doing it wrong? I have almost 100mil isk to spend towards investments, not sure if that's the problem.

I turned 140mil ISK into 600mil ISK by station trading this past weekend. It can be done. :) If you would like a nice guide, I heartily recommend Gideon Tyler's class on station trading that was uploaded here on youtube.

In addition, you can do some hauling for hub-to-hub trading. Rarely I'm able to find products I can buy low (instantly, from the sell orders list), transport, and sell instantly elsewhere, but more often I find things I can buy from a seller's list, transport elsewhere, and put up for sale myself. That's just a quick way to acquire stock to move. Works well. But I made the bulk of that money this weekend by station trading, spreading out my investments, and watching the list of products pretty carefully to keep myself on top. Hauling for slower trade is more "fun", however. I'm pretty new to trade, myself, but it's going pretty well.
Mars Theran
Foreign Interloper
#36 - 2012-12-11 01:34:33 UTC
Ra'Shyne Viper wrote:
First mistake: training trade skills first, on your first toon.

Not a mistake really, so much as something that may have been better done at a different time. I have the skills myself, and use them every time I buy or sell something. Never hurts to spend less to get what you are looking for, or have the ability to put up buy or sell orders when you need them.

Fact is, he has them trained, and they will be useful; it just may take some more time to spec for something a little less boring. Not long though.
zubzubzubzubzubzubzubzub
DrunkenNinja
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#37 - 2012-12-11 01:45:16 UTC
Do whatever you want.
PvP, exploration, whatever you find fun.
Lili Mammon
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#38 - 2012-12-11 01:56:20 UTC
Step 1: buy a pos
Step 2: move into wh space
Step 3: ???
Step 4: profit

The best way to stay interested in this game is to find some good spacebros to fly with.
Ranzabar
Doomheim
#39 - 2012-12-11 02:10:17 UTC
This is the most complex game ever made. It doesn't lead you. It doesn't make you follow a path. It is incredibly tedious and incredibly interesting. It wakes you up at night when you forget to keep your skills training, and puts you to sleep watching your mates mine endlessly. It a huge time sink that you think about all the time. It's love. It's hate. It's fun but frustrating.

Do what I do. Play till you don't feel like it. Stop till you do, and keep on keeping on. I've cancelled my subscription several times. Even now I'm getting bored again, but I do miss it when I'm off it, so I keep it.

Hellava game this Eve Online.

Abide

Maggie Evenstar
Unoriginal Corporation
#40 - 2012-12-11 02:11:12 UTC
Have you had any opportunities to join any good fleets? I almost never play solo as I find it VERY boring. Eve for me is a play, hang out, and nerdette out kind of game. Since you started your own corp, it could be that not being a part of an active community in game is boring you. I know because I did that too initially. While I got recruits, I didn't know enough to be able to help people along or how to build good social in the game. That's all changing now that I've been playing a while but I still find I am better fitted helping out an existing corp versus doing my own.

I run fleets for L4 missions most evenings. If you'd like to come join me and see what that is like you are most welcome (and will certainly make more ISK than doing what you are doing now). You can bring ANYTHING that shoots or salvages.
Previous page123Next page