These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

A guide to forum warrioring - with graphics

Author
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#1 - 2012-12-08 04:17:17 UTC
The ultimate guide!

Enjoy!

(read this and you either become King of the Forums or you won't care about forums and who the hell runs it).

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Eli Green
The Arrow Project
#2 - 2012-12-08 04:35:34 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
you won't care about forums and who the hell runs it

People cared in the first place Ugh

wumbo

Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2012-12-08 04:44:25 UTC
I shall appeal to your fear!

*Dons gorilla mask*

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Graygor
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2012-12-08 05:30:19 UTC
Surfin's PlunderBunny wrote:

*Dons gorilla mask*

Great Apes shall conquer us all with their superior strength and resilience!

"I think you should buy a new Mayan calendar. Mine has muscle cars on it." - Kenneth O'Hara

"I dont think that can happen, you can see Gray has his invuln field on in his portrait." - Commissar "Cake" Kate

Herzog Wolfhammer
#5 - 2012-12-08 08:05:28 UTC

*Dons gorilla mask*

Any reasonable person knows that apes can't rule an internet forum. Cool

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Nerath Naaris
Pink Winged Unicorns for Peace Love and Anarchy
#6 - 2012-12-08 10:17:04 UTC
Apart from providing the Eve Online MMO, what has CCP ever done for us?

Je suis Paris // Köln // Brüssel // Orlando // Nice // Würzburg, München, Ansbach // Saint-Étienne-du-Rouvray

Je suis Berlin // Fort Lauderdale // London // St. Petersburg // Stockholm

Je suis [?]

Bane Necran
Appono Astos
#7 - 2012-12-09 01:29:38 UTC
All that stuff is common in modern media. People are just learning from them.

What baffles me, is that people can see those techniques used on TV, and use them in the same way to be deceptive, but still never realize the TV was also being deceptive.

"In the void is virtue, and no evil. Wisdom has existence, principle has existence, the Way has existence, spirit is nothingness." ~Miyamoto Musashi

Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2012-12-09 01:39:22 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:

*Dons gorilla mask*

That's why we have our human slaves do it Big smile

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Micheal Dietrich
Kings Gambit Black
#9 - 2012-12-09 01:50:00 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:

*Dons gorilla mask*

With some of the posts I see everyday I thought they already did.

Out of Pod is getting In the Pod - Join in game channel **IG OOPE **

AlleyKat
The Unwanted.
#10 - 2012-12-09 02:04:09 UTC

All of these work, I'm embarrassed to say.

Sometimes, there is too much pleasure to be had from knotting up someones mind in false logic and then watching them finally cave in and submit.

Too much.

I normally start with something emotive, move swiftly towards garbled cause and effect, take a detour straight through appeal to the mind, go for a short stop and lunch at faulty deduction whilst musing the benefits of manipulating content, before re-treading something emotive and finally going on the attack, but disguising it as appealing to the mind.

But never on these forums...EVE players are too smart to be tripped up, or just too busy to 'play'.

AK

This space for rent.

Webvan
All Kill No Skill
#11 - 2012-12-09 02:09:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Webvan
I did not have sexual relations with that woman!

But I gotta admit, the red herring is the most fun. After all I do like fishing. I think fly fishing is the best, German brown trout and rainbow trout being my favorite targets. I don't see the lure in other types of fishing, what good is it? Fly fishing takes thought and control, rhythm and patience, deviancy. Anyone can just squeeze a ball of cheese on a hook and plunk it in the water, no?

I'm in it for the money

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F12

Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2012-12-09 03:18:27 UTC
Webvan wrote:

But I gotta admit, the red herring is the most fun. After all I do like fishing. I think fly fishing is the best, German brown trout and rainbow trout being my favorite targets. I don't see the lure in other types of fishing, what good is it? Fly fishing takes thought and control, rhythm and patience, deviancy. Anyone can just squeeze a ball of cheese on a hook and plunk it in the water, no?

I like to fly fish too... bait fishing is good for those times you just want to sleep for 3 hours in a boat Bear

Dynamite/grenade fishing takes the most skill... if you don't get rid of it fast enough it kills you P

Jago Kain
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#13 - 2012-12-09 19:10:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Jago Kain
If you have to post and tell folk how much of a forum warrior supreme you are, then you're probably not as good as you think you are.

Some of these people are the EVE equivalent of the drunken twunt at the corner of the bar in most UK pubs who was second man on the balcony during the Iranian embassy siege, and has done three tours of Iraq that he can't talk about (though he does try at every single chance), despite being under 40 and nobody in town ever being able to remember a period where he left for more than two weeks to go ply his sorry trade in an English bar in Ibiza for a change.

The same sort of idiot who'll threaten you with any number of styles of martial arts induced mayhem (Shaolin Drunken Fuckwit anyone?) for daring to question his meandering daydream, but seems curiously reluctant to step outside and settle this if that's how you feel, because he doesn't want to get arrested for using the hands that have been registered as deadly weapons.

A true forum warrior doesn't need charts and self-congratulation and every third post to point out the minutae of his machiavellian manipulations.

If people can't spot how awesome you are on the forums without your help, then you may not be that awesome after all. SadSadSadSadXXXXXXXXX

tl;dr version for the hard of thinking

zzzzzzz..... yeah; if you like.

One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings - Diogenes.

stoicfaux
#14 - 2012-12-09 20:54:31 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:

*Dons gorilla mask*

Code monkeys can create a forum but cannot run a forum? It's ignorant, racist, gun-crazy, militia, paranoid rednecks like yourself that are bringing this country down.

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

Webvan
All Kill No Skill
#15 - 2012-12-09 23:14:07 UTC

I like to fly fish too... bait fishing is good for those times you just want to sleep for 3 hours in a boat Bear

Dynamite/grenade fishing takes the most skill... if you don't get rid of it fast enough it kills you P

Ok I can support sticking a chunk of cheese to a stick of dynamite and fish-harvesting. Too bad I can't do it here though, they'd put me in prison for 1000 years Straight Especially since all the lakes around here (near abouts San Diego) are small lakes and one stick of dynamite would probably blow them off the map.

Oh well, at least this chart was interesting, looking at some of the other charts they seem rather biased and full of errors. Though it does make me wonder what my actual ibtl score is by now Big smile

I'm in it for the money

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F12

Brujo Loco
Brujeria Teologica
#16 - 2012-12-10 13:35:49 UTC
Hahaha, yes, these ages old tactics are sometimes a surefire way to win pointless arguments.

But honestly, I still fail to understand the value of "winning" said arguments. Ignorant uneducated people will usually, more or less remain the same ignorant uneducated people over the years. Winning a pointless argument will do squat for you or them in the long run and benefit no one but ... your ego, which is as pointless as watching paint dry, unless you enjoy the fumes.

But then again, to each their own. I´m more interested in sapping away life experiences from people, rather than confront them, even the most uneducated ignorant person has viewpoints that sometimes make my mind blow away on specific topics such as life, forms of living, dealing with pain and grief and general humanity.

Good post, a good refreshment for a slow Monday full of boredom amid stacks of papers. Big smile

Inner Sayings of BrujoLoco: http://eve-files.com/sig/brujoloco

Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#17 - 2012-12-10 17:06:13 UTC
AlleyKat wrote:

All of these work, I'm embarrassed to say.

Sometimes, there is too much pleasure to be had from knotting up someones mind in false logic and then watching them finally cave in and submit.

Too much.

I normally start with something emotive, move swiftly towards garbled cause and effect, take a detour straight through appeal to the mind, go for a short stop and lunch at faulty deduction whilst musing the benefits of manipulating content, before re-treading something emotive and finally going on the attack, but disguising it as appealing to the mind.

But never on these forums...EVE players are too smart to be tripped up, or just too busy to 'play'.

AK

All of these are the very most fun during CSM elections. People get so worked up and in earnest about their arguments. So easy to distort their words and contort their minds.... Twisted
Telegram Sam
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#18 - 2012-12-10 17:53:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Telegram Sam
Webvan wrote:

A true tl;dr dynamite fishing tale....

I used to be a Peace Corps volunteer on a little island in the western Pacific, and an old guy there told me this story. I'll call him Ignatius here.

Ignatius's island had Japanese troops on it during World War II. So U.S. Navy carrier planes dropped quite a few bombs on it. After the war, Ignatius found an unexploded bomb stuck in the ground. So he unscrewed the timer cap thing and ran some some dynamite down into the guts of the bomb. Then he put it on his bamboo fishing raft, and poled far out into the bay, to a place with thick coral and plenty of fish. He planted the bomb among the coral, maybe 10 ft. underwater. Then he poled away, trailing the dynamite fuse behind him. It must have been a pretty long fuse-- maybe 60 ft. or so.

So, Ignatius is away from the bomb, sitting on his raft, and he lights the fuse. It burns slowly, so he has some time to wait. He gets a betel nut out of his basket, puts on the lime powder and other stuff, and makes himself a mildly narcotic chew. Just as he's starting to enjoy it, he notices that-- HOLY CRAP-- the current has drifted him right back over the bomb. He grabs his pole and starts poling as fast as he can, but-- KABLOOIE. Bomb explodes, raft, basket and Ignatius go 30 ft? 40 ft? 50 ft? straight up, in a tower of sea water. It was a 500 lb. HE bomb, your estimate on high they went is as good as mine.

When ignatius comes down, he's OK, but kind of dazed. Fish are floating everywhere, hundreds of them, maybe thousands of them, all over a huge area of the sea. But his bamboo raft has been blasted apart into separate pieces. With no raft, he has no way to harvest all the fish. So he put a bamboo pole under the other, a big fish under the other one, and paddled back to shore. That's the end of Ignatius's bomb fishing tale.
Herzog Wolfhammer
#19 - 2012-12-10 20:46:13 UTC
stoicfaux wrote:
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:

*Dons gorilla mask*

Code monkeys can create a forum but cannot run a forum? It's ignorant, racist, gun-crazy, militia, paranoid rednecks like yourself that are bringing this country down.

Where did the chart say to use flattery?

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#20 - 2012-12-10 20:51:37 UTC
I cant stop reading it....

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

12Next page