These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Would you like an "Add Bounty" forum button?

First post
Author
Seleene
Body Count Inc.
Pandemic Legion
#1 - 2012-12-09 21:53:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Seleene
Per the subject, we have a LIKE button for posts. Why not allow folks to see the current bounty of a character here on the forums and then add to it?

Of the many big subjects that the CSM is going to be discussing next week at the Summit in Iceland, this is one of those 'little things' that, with enough support, might actually happen in short order. This isn't something that needs or will get a lot of ~Summit time~, it's just an idea that was floated in casual conversation with CCP and I've not seen a single person say it was a bad idea yet. I mean, I can eve mail people out of game, why not show them some lethal affection as well? Twisted

So, thoughts?

2004-2008: Mercenary Coalition Boss

2007-2010: CCP Game Designer | 2011-2013: CSM6 Delegate & CSM7 Chairman

2011-2015: Pandemic Legionnaire

2015- : Mercenary Coalition Boss

Follow Seleene on Twitter!

Schmata Bastanold
In Boobiez We Trust
#2 - 2012-12-09 21:55:12 UTC
Yes, please.

But make it persistent.

Invalid signature format

Marie Hartinez
Aries Munitions and Defense
#3 - 2012-12-09 21:55:32 UTC
Yes, I support this product and/or service.

Surrender is still your slightly less painful option.

Johan Civire
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#4 - 2012-12-09 21:56:48 UTC
How about cancel the bounty aswell? missclick or whatever... Lets say afther the 10 hours you can not undo your actions
Zimmy Zeta
Perkone
Caldari State
#5 - 2012-12-09 21:56:53 UTC
Nice idea.
But only if there is a visual clue in the character protrait if he is the desiganted main character or not.
Not going to waste precious iskies on worthless forum alts Twisted

I'd like to apologize for the poor quality of the post above and sincerely hope you didn't waste your time reading it. Yes, I do feel bad about it.

Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#6 - 2012-12-09 21:59:16 UTC
Sure! What could possibly go wrong? Such a feature would be especially useful to the Ministry of Love. Those good people need all the help they can get spreading their message of peace and unity Lol
Grey Stormshadow
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2012-12-09 21:59:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Grey Stormshadow
Unnecessary clutter and one more useless feature to slow down already way too script heavy forums.

edit:

if you really want to add some sort of feature like that add it to character info screen which doesn't slow down/clutter the forum browsing itself.

Get classic forum style - custom videos to captains quarters screen

Play with the best - die like the rest

Pretty GuyYeah
#8 - 2012-12-09 22:00:15 UTC
Forums should display the bounty as well, yeah (:

Post with your main.

A legend walks among us, a genius so significant he so dares to degrade himself as camouflage when you dispute.

Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#9 - 2012-12-09 22:01:14 UTC
Zimmy Zeta wrote:
But only if there is a visual clue in the character protrait if he is the desiganted main character or not.

How do you define "designated main"? What if I designate my forum posting alt as my main? What impact will that have in the rest of my game? What if the highest skill point character on my account is in an NPC corp and is only used for stealth bomber fleets?

Why are you not prepared to place a bounty on forum alts?
Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#10 - 2012-12-09 22:02:08 UTC
Grey Stormshadow wrote:
Unnecessary clutter and one more useless feature to slow down already way too script heavy forums.

Hey! Just because it takes two or three seconds to type each character on an iOS device doesn't mean the forums are script heavy. No, it just means you have more time to consider your words carefully Lol
LtCol Laurentius
The Imperial Sardaukar
#11 - 2012-12-09 22:03:08 UTC
Good idea Big smile
Seleene
Body Count Inc.
Pandemic Legion
#12 - 2012-12-09 22:04:06 UTC
Mara Rinn wrote:

Seeing as how forum posts have often had ramifications in game anyway, I find the potential irony of a bad posting forum alt having the highest bounty in EVE to be quite amusing. CoolCoolCool

Ruvin
Siberian Squads
#13 - 2012-12-09 22:05:05 UTC
i like the idea ... But i want also the wanted tag :D

Lets be serius thats the best thing about the bounties : WANTED ... feel like Clint Eastwood :D

Opportunities multiply as they are seized.

Zoctrine
Doomheim
#14 - 2012-12-09 22:05:53 UTC
Seleene wrote:
So, thoughts?

I think there's way more pressing needs to the game not the forum, plus CSM should be focus “only” in the game.

CSM running out of things to discuss?
Seleene
Body Count Inc.
Pandemic Legion
#15 - 2012-12-09 22:07:31 UTC
Zoctrine wrote:
Seleene wrote:
So, thoughts?

I think there's way more pressing needs to the game not the forum, plus CSM should be focus “only” in the game.

CSM running out of things to discuss?

I was wondering how long it would take for someone not to read the OP or start trolling just for the hell of it. First page, congrats, m8!

Arydanika
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#16 - 2012-12-09 22:07:45 UTC
+1 for this forum beautification initiative.

Runner of Voices from the Void podcast, Eve Online Pod Pack & DJ on eve-radio.com Sundays at 1800.  Organizer of the ATX Eve Online Meet. ♥

Zimmy Zeta
Perkone
Caldari State
#17 - 2012-12-09 22:09:59 UTC
Mara Rinn wrote:
Zimmy Zeta wrote:

How do you define "designated main"? What if I designate my forum posting alt as my main? What impact will that have in the rest of my game? What if the highest skill point character on my account is in an NPC corp and is only used for stealth bomber fleets?

Every player (Player, not account) gets a mark (like some cute little star or something) that he can attach to one of his character portraits.
This needs not be the character with the most SP, just the avatar that the player wants to be known as.
If he posts with this character, everybody knows it is his main.

I'd like to apologize for the poor quality of the post above and sincerely hope you didn't waste your time reading it. Yes, I do feel bad about it.

Jame Jarl Retief
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#18 - 2012-12-09 22:10:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Jame Jarl Retief
Yep, I would like a forum bounty button.

I also would like forum killrights. Blink

P.S. Also ask the devs what they think of doing about the drone situation. They seem to be avoiding any topics mentioning drone issues.
Gotch Urarse
IronPig
Sev3rance
#19 - 2012-12-09 22:12:43 UTC
Yes, please.
Destination SkillQueue
Doomheim
#20 - 2012-12-09 22:14:49 UTC
Yes please. As an added benefit I'd like to see some kind of visual indicator of them to everyone browsing the forums. Not only would it be a tool for fun, but it would be a another good differentiator for EVE, that draws the eye so to speak of even a casual forum browser.
123Next pageLast page