These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

why all the High sec haters?

First post
Author
Inquisitor Kitchner
The Executives
#61 - 2012-12-09 03:54:33 UTC
This thread has given me a terminal disease it's that bad

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared." - Niccolo Machiavelli

Kitty Bear
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#62 - 2012-12-09 04:02:11 UTC
it's not just the non-consensual pvp that makes eve eve
it's the full loot on the corpse rights (well on stuff that doesnt explode with the ship)
it's the player driven economy
it's the pve
it's the risk you place yourself in wherever you undock
it's the need to plan ahead for what you 'want' to do.
it's the level-less, skillbased character progression

everything that makes eve great, happens in nulsec, and lowsec and wormholes and hisec
without hisec eve is not eve, it's a dead, unplayable, stinking pile of ****

Xavier Hasberin
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#63 - 2012-12-09 04:22:23 UTC
Quote:
without hisec eve is not eve, it's a dead, unplayable, stinking pile of ****

QFE.

As a newer player, I'd looked at EVE over the years with a bit of a jaundiced eye, figuring it to be a vortex of bad behaviors that I dislike in real life.

I was correct, but the game is still enjoyable, as long as you don't associate too closely with others.

Without the minimal courtesy of hisec, however, I doubt CCP would grow their subscriptions at anywhere near the pace of other games, given how hardcore PvPers in other games are typically the loudest enthusiasts at the beginning, the biggest complainers while playing, and the first to leave when they get bored in search of greener grass.

What can I say? I love the world, I just can't stand most of the people in it.
Mars Theran
Foreign Interloper
#64 - 2012-12-09 05:01:13 UTC
Not having read the thread responses yet..

Highsec is fine and we have enough of it. I do think the map could change and shift over time, with lowsec moving out into NPC Null or vice versa, maybe even True Null encroaching on NPC Null as it moves inward. Highsec could spread to Lowsec from time to time and Lowsec could likewise do the same, moving in on Highsec. Personally, I'd welcome a more dynamic map.

Highsec doesn't need to be bigger though, or have more systems, as much of it is used, plenty of it isn't.

Null is empty, mostly. Lowsec is sometimes empty and sometimes used, with some systems being heavily used compared to others. FW systems obviously see more dynamic changes recently.

Fact is, all that aside, Highsec has plenty, and while some things could be adjusted, changed, fixed or whatever, Nullsec and Lowsec could use some love.

Players stay in Highsec for a reason. Mostly because it is much less trouble than Low or Null. If you go to Low or Null, you generally get ganked; obviously that is not the desired outcome of playing. The players are responsible for this, and it is their doing. It has nothing to do with CCP or how potentially profitable Low and Null are, or if they have content.

If you can't access it, then there is little point in going after it. For the most part, you can't access it.

I actually thought it would be a good idea for Nullsec Alliances to adopt a temporary ceasefire policy on Neutrals, to let them in and allow them to run the sites and explore what Null has to offer. A chance to familiarize themselves with it. Of course, this does provide opportunities, but they could continue to guard their core systems during the period.

Is it possible for all of Nullsec to suddenly open its doors for a week? No idea, but I think at least a section of it could be. The question is, whether they would want to or see any value in it, and then, if they would hold to their end and actually let players through.

It may never happen, but it would be interesting if it did.

In short, Null and Lowsec, regardless of the residents there, need to be brought up to speed with certain changes to Industry, POS, and other things that would make them more reasonably self-sustainable.

Lowsec doesn't really have a problem, so much as True Null does. At least Lowsec has services in NPC stations. The primary issue is the ability to manufacture and produce, cut down on far-reaching logistics requirements, and increase the variety of activity across all of Null and Low.

Shifting security levels and resulting NPC spawns, spread out resources, with shifting concentrations of those resources over several month cycles, with larger quantities in one place or another at any given time, but availability of all everywhere.

That means moons have to be changed, along with player stations, POS structures, calculations for system security, NPC spawn moving with security shifts, and various other things. In such a fashion even, that the player driven market becomes less predictable as a result, which would change all of High, Low, and Null over time.

Consider the possibility that, under a new resource distribution system, all of Null and Low might see a widespread wealth of resources, or a widespread shortage for long periods. How would this affect the game? Should it affect the game? I think so.

New Eden is a Cluster of Solar Systems, and a widely diverse number of worlds. Why should it suffer under static limitations?
zubzubzubzubzubzubzubzub
Nexus Day
Lustrevik Trade and Travel Bureau
#65 - 2012-12-09 05:11:46 UTC
People tend to fear what they do not understand. Fear changes to hate when they choose not to try and understand it. It is a form of ignorance.
Barbara Nichole
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#66 - 2012-12-09 05:43:06 UTC
Low sec is no mans land, a buffer for null sec players that holds back a flood of would be invaders encroaching from high sec. Largely that's the way they like it.

- remove the cloaked from local; free intel is the real problem, not  "afk" cloaking -

[IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a208/DawnFrostbringer/consultsig.jpg[/IMG]

Dinsdale Pirannha
Pirannha Corp
#67 - 2012-12-09 08:18:15 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
starbelt wrote:

i base that on the population in hi-sec.

You do know that a vast bulk of that number are alts of low sec and 0.0 don't you?

Proof please.
Do you have access to the CCP subscriptions and analysis of alts on each account, or are you just lying?
Dinsdale Pirannha
Pirannha Corp
#68 - 2012-12-09 08:21:00 UTC
Inquisitor Kitchner wrote:
This thread has given me a terminal disease it's that bad

My dearest friend, I have posted in C&P a reminder to you about a bounty you owe me.
I don't want to call you a liar or anything like that, but you promised a 500M bounty on me weeks ago before Retribution went live and yet you have placed zero on my head.

Please fulfill your promise.

Azrael Dinn
Imperial Mechanics
#69 - 2012-12-09 08:33:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Azrael Dinn
Tippia wrote:
because highsec offers such advantageous capabilities that it would be downright stupid to try to do stuff anywhere else.

Quote:
So in ending dont blame high sec for what its got blame the player that broke low secn and o.o and makeing usless to the rest of the player base.
No, the players had no hand in this — the fundamental design of what's available did, and there is no way for players to adjust that.

Thats just a load of bs. Alliances have a huge say on whats going on in lowsec and null and if they would want to they could make both areas places where most of the playerbase would want to play in but they don't. They love their pvp, meta gaming and other crap so much that it's just better to be in high sec with abit less rewards than pay everything you get to a huge alliance so that you can just stay somewhere and pay up.

And this is how I feel and I base it on my own experiences on pvp alliances I have come to know during my seven years of EvE time.

After centuries of debating and justifying... Break Cloaks tm

Randolph Rothstein
whatever corp.
#70 - 2012-12-09 12:10:49 UTC
as a newly subscribed player im glad to see people in eve hate those who have a different idea of having fun

makes me feel like home,very heartwarming

TharOkha
0asis Group
#71 - 2012-12-09 12:12:08 UTC
Quote:
why all the High sec haters?

...because they envy our freedom
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#72 - 2012-12-09 12:16:23 UTC
Azrael Dinn wrote:
Thats just a load of bs.
No, it really isn't.
There are systems in highsec that have more capabilities than entire regions of null, and there is absolutely nothing the players can do about that because those limitations are hard-coded into the game. And that's before we get into things like logistics and security and just plain old UI — all of which are hard-coded and beyond player control as well.
Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#73 - 2012-12-09 12:18:52 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Azrael Dinn wrote:
Thats just a load of bs.
No, it really isn't.
There are systems in highsec that have more capabilities than entire regions of null, and there is absolutely nothing the players can do about that because those limitations are hard-coded into the game. And that's before we get into things like logistics and security and just plain old UI — all of which are hard-coded and beyond player control as well.

Just wait until all stations become destructible, and NPCs start charging for services that were previously free.

Player owned starbase overhaul + NPCs charging for poor quality refining will lead to an industrial revolution in EVE. Assuming CCP ever pull it off, of course.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#74 - 2012-12-09 12:30:07 UTC
Mara Rinn wrote:
Just wait until all stations become destructible, and NPCs start charging for services that were previously free.

Player owned starbase overhaul + NPCs charging for poor quality refining will lead to an industrial revolution in EVE. Assuming CCP ever pull it off, of course.
A big “if”, I feel… Cry

At any rate, this is one of the examples where it's not just enough to buff the area concerned — other areas need a decent round of nerfs as well, or the buffs will have no effect: yay, [random region] now has the capability of providing 1500 slots rather than 500… but Nonni still has 750 production slots in perfect-refinery stations in a single system in sprinting-distance from where all the materials are (Jita). Sure, the moons are limited in that system, but who needs moons with that station capacity?

Unless they make it so that POSes and outposts can massively outperform NPC stations, there is pretty much zero incentive to change the status quo… and if they're buffed that far, we're veering very close to “too much” territory. Not to mention that those same POS benefits would probably be available in highsec as well, so the logistical ease and inherent security would still make it the better option. Sure, making the NPC refining worse and having them charge an entire leg factory for using it would be a start, but something pretty drastic would be needed to outweigh those two advantages.
Mr Pragmatic
#75 - 2012-12-09 13:50:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Mr Pragmatic
As the self proclaimed leader of the High Security Citizens there is a few reason the High Security Citizens get so much vitriolic hate.

1) Most of the hate comes vocal minority on these forums. Most player in Eve online are very indifferent of security statuses. Most players are fluid between different zones in Eve Online.

2)Alot of players that dwell with the lower security systems that abide there are jealous of the success of there High Security counter parts.

3)They hate the fact miners can make ISK while for little work. While the hater constantly loses money to their countless losses, in their PVP sport.

4)PVP is a sport for only the rich in Eve online. While more cool heads rather build something up then tear stuff down.

Super cali hella yolo swaga dopeness.  -Yoloswaggins, in the fellowship of the bling.

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#76 - 2012-12-09 13:56:14 UTC
Mr Pragmatic wrote:
2)Alot of players that dwell with the lower security systems that abide there are jealous of the success of there High Security counter parts.

3)They hate the fact miners can make ISK while for little work. While the hater constantly loses money to their countless losses, in their PVP sport.

4)PVP is a sport for only the rich in Eve online. While more cool heads rather build something up then tear stuff down.

Hahaha.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#77 - 2012-12-09 14:01:14 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
starbelt wrote:

You do know that a vast bulk of that number are alts of low sec and 0.0 don't you?

Proof please.
Do you have access to the CCP subscriptions and analysis of alts on each account, or are you just lying?

I use something called common sence. Everyone in the CFC has at least one alt in empire with most having more than one. I myself have 4.

Most people in 0.0 have an empire alt for doing things so we can easily say that there are at least the population of nul in high sec that are alts. Now thats before we add in the alts of WH and lowsec players and the all the people who base out of high sec for FW and the like. Logically the high sec population is not what you think.

Unless you have proof that high sec is populated with only high sec players.
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#78 - 2012-12-09 14:19:31 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
starbelt wrote:

Proof please.

I use something called common sence. Everyone in the CFC has at least one alt in empire with most having more than one. I myself have 4.

Most people in 0.0 have an empire alt for doing things so we can easily say that there are at least the population of nul in high sec that are alts. Now thats before we add in the alts of WH and lowsec players and the all the people who base out of high sec for FW and the like. Logically the high sec population is not what you think.

Unless you have proof that high sec is populated with only high sec players.

I recall CCP posted how the average EvE player had 2.5 subs.
Let's assume that TEST got 12k players or so and GS about 9000. Thousand more, thousand less. These are also more or less the two alliances who create the most hugest majority of complaints threads.
That makes 52,500 subs vs a total of about 330-360k.
Even doubling the number to take into account the other nullsec alliances it's still about 100k accounts vs 330-360k.

Now, do you see why CCP does not blindly steamroll hi sec like it's being demanded so much?
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#79 - 2012-12-09 14:54:52 UTC
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
Nah. They have no idea and can only guess, at best. The number you're referring to is the one they can count: the number of characters per account.

Player estimates have put the number of accounts per person at about the same level, but it's all very circumstantial.

Quote:
Let's assume that TEST got 12k players or so and GS about 9000.
That assumption seems rather arbitrary.
Azrael Dinn
Imperial Mechanics
#80 - 2012-12-09 14:59:57 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
Nah. They have no idea and can only guess, at best. The number you're referring to is the one they can count: the number of characters per account.

You could do a calculation of accounts from how many accounts are linked to the same email, same credid cards etc.

After centuries of debating and justifying... Break Cloaks tm